Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

GBB AK ranges

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 8th, 2015, 14:45   #1
paulwes83

GBB AK ranges

Hey techs and those who might know,

Does anyone know what the max size of inner barrel is that we can put on a GBB AK, either WE Tech or GHK? I'm looking to do an AK DMR build in gas and know that with an AEG you'd use a bore-up kit on a +510mm barrel. But do gas systems put out enough air pressure for a longer barrel? If not, would it just be a case of increasing the bore size of the nozzle and using a high out put valve to compensate for the longer barrel?

Conversley, is a longer inner barrel even really required? I know stock LCT RPK AEGs come wtih a 455mm inner despite the longer outer barrel and they shoot pretty well. It's seem to be more of a case of tunning and the hop up bucking set up than actual air volume.

Please let me know and thanks for your time!
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2015, 16:15   #2
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

Longer barrels do not necessarily equal more range, and a gas gun is a poor choice for DMR compared to say an aeg when considering fps consistency from shot to shot. That being said if you really want a soviet style gas DMR I would take a look at the WE or AIM SVD. Do as much research as you can before you commit because gas guns can be a labor of love or a pain in the ass.
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2015, 16:23   #3
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
If you want a DMR, I'd suggest going HPA for consistency, as LFR stated. You're only options would be Daytona, Tippy, and Polar Star. Which will run you close to over 1000.00 considering our rates now.

Also I'm sure you aware that GBB is very inconsistent at times, and weather sensitive, so, near the end of your mag, you'll notice your bb drops, etc.

I mean, people still go DMR on their GBBR, it's up to you at the end of the day, but based on my time with Airsoft... you won't get much gains from a longer inner barrel. If you do proper bucking and inner, you should be decent, but you'll still be out gunned by AEG's in all aspects, unless you play in decent group where people run real caps, and not 140 round midcaps.

M4 has it better, you can just swap uppers in a matter of seconds. AK's has it limitations.

PS there's a P* ak kit for grabs on ASC, think it's a good deal, think his name is jamrox or something.

Last edited by BioRage; September 8th, 2015 at 16:28..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2015, 18:37   #4
paulwes83

Ok, thanks guys. Got my answer.
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 00:08   #5
Kungpow

You can use HPA on the WE SVD. Ra Tech makes a HPA line for WE magazines and Ninja Makes a regulator for airsoft. If you have the skills you can rig a mid or highcap magazine, to the HPA magazine for more ammo too.
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 10:49   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

A GBBR's shot volume is based on the spring strength and bypass of the poppet valve.
The blowback volume is determined by where the bolt carrier closes the valve on it's travel.

You can adjust the air volume used in a GBBR, it's just really finicky.
Longer barrels generally increase fps on a .20, BUT extending the barrel sometimes makes the gun joule creep in reverse.

For example, the vector is designed to use a 5" barrel. Someone slaps an extra 7" of barrel on it, and it goes from 380 to 450fps on .20s.
However on .30s the short barrel shoots 330fps whereas the longer barrel shoots 335fps

In general, just stick to the barrel length you're supposed to be using.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 10:52   #7
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
You can use HPA on the WE SVD. Ra Tech makes a HPA line for WE magazines and Ninja Makes a regulator for airsoft. If you have the skills you can rig a mid or highcap magazine, to the HPA magazine for more ammo too.
Oh yes, you can HPA tap your gun too.. but... yeah...
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications