Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC or WE Tech???

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 25th, 2014, 20:26   #1
zipperhead74

Exclamation VFC or WE Tech???

Question, what is better to get, WE Tech G36k or VFC G36k? I trying to figure out which is best to get. I have heard so many conflicting answers. I have heard the WE tech mags are worse but part availability is better for WE tech, but they are harder on their parts. VFC apparently is better out of the box before upgrades. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Kevin
zipperhead74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 20:49   #2
redzaku

Vfc hands down
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 20:53   #3
zipperhead74

Why?
zipperhead74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 22:27   #4
Juke16

WE, for all intents and purposes, VFC stuff is broken. While VFC might have nicer externals, most of the stuff I've seen and heard about them has been negative. If you don't mind waiting, there's some news coming out of Hong Kong that Army's going to release a WE G36 clone for under $1000 HKD which is just a bit over $100 CAD.

Last edited by Juke16; October 25th, 2014 at 22:35..
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 04:37   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

In general, at least a GBBRs go, VFC is in general better quality, but WE is a better design, especially the open bolt. With the WE you can get RA-Tech upgrades, or even a whole gun. RA-Tech is pricey, and they don't make every WE gun into a top quality gas platform. VFC rarely ours out a sub-par product.
Old October 26th, 2014, 08:36   #6
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
No experience with vfc but I was super impressed by the we. Really good range and accuracy and supposedly the most reliable gbbr out there. I have a few teammates that have been running them stock for years with no issues. Only problem is that there are no trades, no fake rounds in the mags and the outer barrel can be a little wobbly.
There's a pdf out there of fake rounds for the we, I've printed them and put them in the magazines and it actually looks pretty decent.
http://www.intrudershop.com/mmc/aug/...6BULLET-V2.PDF
Outer barrel wobble can usually be fixed by shimming the barrel nut or with this nifty gadget:
http://fg-airsoft.com/fr/canons-et-a...is-sombre.html

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 10:10   #7
N_Force

I own WE M4 & PDW, even AK74U, of cause pistols too. The most first generation M4 I still have, that comes with trade that I like, and a bit more expensive. Didn't really compare between WE and VFC, (I only own the VFC MP5s, and i did check out my friends vfc m4 once) but I like the design of WE so far. From the bolt, ot seems solid to me, from the trigger set, WE use trigger group design and just drop in, not like VFC, same as RS, install them piece by piece, a bit complicated for some user. Since WE has Ratech supports for enforced parts, if you need any upgrade, mostly we have it all, NOT A MUST. After add on the upgrade, your cost will be as same as VFC. I was not a lucky one cause all three pieces of my WE rifles needed to be upgraded (malfunction parts and broken parts in two months). I know there is are lucky users here they have it since day one but need no repair and upgrade. So, IMO, WE is a fair price(cheap?) product, a bit lower average for performance, but good for gaming use for sure vs price, forget about the trade. For my collections, I prefer trade mark all the time.
What is you purposes for your purchase will decide your choices, of cause , your budget too.

Last edited by N_Force; October 26th, 2014 at 10:17..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 10:46   #8
SuperHog

VFC runs perfectly stock. Trying running the WE without a single RA Tech upgrade. RA Tech is making a living on WE upgrade parts alone.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 11:36   #9
Wilkie

I appoligise to the OP, as I am new to GBBR and thus have nothing to add, other than another layer to the question.

How to KJW's M4s and their other GBB line stack up?
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 11:40   #10
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
They stack up well, but part availability is much higher for WE.
Old October 26th, 2014, 11:44   #11
Zack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
VFC runs perfectly stock. Trying running the WE without a single RA Tech upgrade. RA Tech is making a living on WE upgrade parts alone.
Actually, many of the WE platforms run better using WE OEM parts than using the RA Tech upgrades. RA Tech parts aren't all 100% spec'd to WE, so you can run into misalignments which can lead to performance issues. This isn't true for all parts or platforms, but the common problem maker is the RA Tech M4 trigger assemblies.
Old October 26th, 2014, 12:49   #12
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack The Ripper View Post
Actually, many of the WE platforms run better using WE OEM parts than using the RA Tech upgrades. RA Tech parts aren't all 100% spec'd to WE, so you can run into misalignments which can lead to performance issues. This isn't true for all parts or platforms, but the common problem maker is the RA Tech M4 trigger assemblies.
Are the WE OEM parts not cast pot metal parts? Hard to believe that pot metal parts have better tolerance than CNC'd parts.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 14:42   #13
Zack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
Are the WE OEM parts not cast pot metal parts? Hard to believe that pot metal parts have better tolerance than CNC'd parts.
I have used a ton of WE products and I have always had the best results using WE parts with few internal upgrades - NPAS, hopup rubber, inner barrel. WE has come a long way in the past two years.

Most of the WE parts can be had for half or one third the price of the RA Tech parts. Call me an economist, but that seems like a better investment. Hell, buy a WE Open Bolt M4 and you get the WE Open Bolt kit for $90-100 you essessentially have 100% spare internal parts.

To each their own. My guns shot just as far and just as accurately as with RA Tech parts - I know this because I had guns I had decked out. Had more issues with the RA Tech stuff than I did with the WE.
Old October 26th, 2014, 15:08   #14
Wli

Don't get one of the ra tech souped up guns. Guy on my team got a ratech we scar, he's now in the process of turning the gun stock with we oem parts. Zach is right, new hop up, inner barrel and a npas and that's really all you need to do with a we gun. Vfc has less after market support parts.
Wli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 16:59   #15
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkie View Post
I appoligise to the OP, as I am new to GBBR and thus have nothing to add, other than another layer to the question.

How to KJW's M4s and their other GBB line stack up?
I had a KJW m4 for about 4-5 years. Never had to get an upgrade for it other then getting a new inner barrel and hopup to match my external aesthetic upgrades. Worked amazing and was a great gun.

Getting parts for a kjw is stupidly simple. I think even better then WE. Just email them the part number you need with your address and they will send you a paypal invoice and ship it directly to you. I got a complete bolt assembly including the buffer and spring...with shipping for 48 dollars...Canadian.

Internally there isnt much for upgrades so if you really want an upgradeable gun go for a WE. But as I said the KJW didnt need upgrades. You DO have to get some blue or black sealant and seal all your mags tho.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion