Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The way NOT to do business

:

General

Old July 14th, 2008, 19:32   #16
jtjcheng

Hey, Skladfin, I have a similar sale issue too recently.

I have traded my EOtech 551 with a well-known ASC member for his CA mags. The EOtech 551 was working before I sent it to the buyer and then the buyer PMed me about EOtech 551 not working after he received it.

So, to my best customer service (and remember I'm not a retailer), I offered to take EOtech 551 back and sent him my EOtech 552. I double-checked to make sure EOtech 552 was working before I sent it to him as well.

When I received my EOtech 551 back, all I observed were oily fingerprints everywhere including the screens, and the reddot has become a red blob with no reticle.

Should I trust this buyer's story that EOtech 551 wasn't working?

Note that both EOtech 551 and EOtech 552 were brand new, never used and fielded, only checked to make sure they were working.

There are many well-known ASC members but yet their morals may not be as well known.

Just my story to cheer you up, because I lost $85.00 USD for this simple transaction, and you haven't lost any yet.

A gun has them all...
jtjcheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 19:39   #17
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjcheng View Post
Hey, Skladfin, I have a similar sale issue too recently.

I have traded my EOtech 551 with a well-known ASC member for his CA mags. The EOtech 551 was working before I sent it to the buyer and then the buyer PMed me about EOtech 551 not working after he received it.

So, to my best customer service (and remember I'm not a retailer), I offered to take EOtech 551 back and sent him my EOtech 552. I double-checked to make sure EOtech 552 was working before I sent it to him as well.

When I received my EOtech 551 back, all I observed were oily fingerprints everywhere including the screens, and the reddot has become a red blob with no reticle.

Should I trust this buyer's story that EOtech 551 wasn't working?

Note that both EOtech 551 and EOtech 552 were brand new, never used and fielded, only checked to make sure they were working.

There are many well-known ASC members but yet their morals may not be as well known.

Just my story to cheer you up, because I lost $85.00 USD for this simple transaction, and you haven't lost any yet.
hey thanks, ya I guess I haven't lost any money. But sure was alot of headache dealing around this complicated situation... now I have to find the buyer again.

Oh btw, after I posted this thread, the first buyer decided to buy the rest of the mags! I am pretty happy haha. and Kudos to the first buyer
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 19:41   #18
incrediboy729

Send a message via AIM to incrediboy729 Send a message via Yahoo to incrediboy729
NICE! Good for you! Glad the deal came through.
Old July 14th, 2008, 19:57   #19
sabermetrics

very nice skladfin, glad that you were able to sell the mags
sabermetrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 20:09   #20
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
And as a buyer, I make damn sure that I can afford what I'm getting before I buy it. And if I know I don't have all the cash right away and am waiting a few days till pay day or something, I never ask anyone to hold anything for me without offering them a nice, non-refundable deposit. To me, that ensures that the delay is worth the seller's time. And if I somehow can't close the deal, then they've been compensated for their time. I believe that's only fair.
what kind of percentage is "nice"
Sergeant Gerry Boyle: I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So, unless it's a photo of a really ugly baby, I don't want to see it.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 21:50   #21
Dracheous
Lego Head

And this is why I'm sitting on piles and piles of gear and kit I'll probably never use again because the hassles of selling of shit piece by piece just isn't worth it anymore.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 22:22   #22
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Nice necro bro, but really tho, what you got to sell?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General