Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Recommend Scope for a Multi-use Sniper Scope

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 2nd, 2014, 20:20   #1
jason.0133

Recommend Scope for a Multi-use Sniper Scope

So I've recently started looking for a Multi-Perpose scope which I can use for my M4, Currently I have a red dot sight and as well the sniper scope in this image (Probably not gonna use the Sniper Scope just an Idea): http://imgur.com/N1HBDZp I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a scope which I can get which is good for medium to long range combat (Like a the SR25 Scope) I know its wont be exactly ment for a M4 im just looking for something which is versatile which I could use on another gun I get in the future. Thanks in Advance

Last edited by jason.0133; August 2nd, 2014 at 20:33..
jason.0133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 20:47   #2
Kos-Mos

2-6x long eye relief scope.

that is the best you can get that has magnification.
Airsoft typically don't use anything over 4x anyways the distance is not large enough.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 21:02   #3
L473ncy

TBH you don't really need quality glass like for precision or match shooting so get the cheapest crap you can find. It's mostly for the looks anyways and maybe occasionally for spotting people in the far distance.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 22:04   #4
Wilkie

I disagree. If your going to get an optic, you might as well get a good one. Something sharp enough to see the bb's path clear clear as day.

I know Steelth runs a scope on at least one of his rifles, and sells a couple one Airsoftstore.ca. I would wager those would be excellent.

I've been running an ACM acog for the last week, and although it looks nice, it has a very restrictive level of eye relief, which is going to make it difficult to use.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 22:50   #5
L473ncy

Hell if you want the best then get some Nikon glass or something. Not only do they make camera equipment but they also make optics and anything involving lenses (including glasses lenses and remote sensing stuff). I think they start at $300 though. Trijicon and Leupold make good glass too but they also start around the same price.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 22:58   #6
volteco

BTW can you recommend a good source for Nikon scopes in Canada? In particular I am looking for M-223 and can't find it anywhere. I tried to buy one on Optics Planet but they canceled my order. It is apparently illegal to bring scopes to Canada from the States.
volteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 23:04   #7
cetane

I was thumbing through the cabelas catalog last night and remember seeing nikon there...
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 23:45   #8
volteco

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetane View Post
I was thumbing through the cabelas catalog last night and remember seeing nikon there...
Thank you, they do have a few models but not the one I am looking for.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 01:25   #9
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I'm running an ANS Optical 1.5-4x30, so far a practice run with it has been decent. Got a replica T1 on top for CQB range. It was supposed to be an AIM Sport model Recon CQB but it's the same thing. On the low end for real steel but should do the trick for airsoft.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CPD...&robot_redir=1
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 08:34   #10
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by volteco View Post
BTW can you recommend a good source for Nikon scopes in Canada? In particular I am looking for M-223 and can't find it anywhere. I tried to buy one on Optics Planet but they canceled my order. It is apparently illegal to bring scopes to Canada from the States.
I have no idea. I don't think they should fall under ITAR restrictions because it is a Japanese optics company after all. Maybe it was the company just being overly cautious. I've heard of companies not shipping T-Shirts or random accessories because its outside of the US.

Primary Arms maybe if you get it shipped to the border and pick it up on your own.

But that said you really should get clarification if it is or is not ITAR restricted.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 12:34   #11
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

get a bushnell trophy xlt series scope, 3-9 or whatever 40-50mm choose the reticle u like. Decent quality, prety cheap (sub 250$) i use one on my bolt action and its great. Shock, fog, water proof nitrogen filled. Clear image, good FOV on the 44 and 50mm. Cabelas, sail, lebaron, prety much any hunting or shooting store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 12:49   #12
Chromey
Whiny Attention Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
get a bushnell trophy xlt series scope, 3-9 or whatever 40-50mm choose the reticle u like. Decent quality, prety cheap (sub 250$) i use one on my bolt action and its great. Shock, fog, water proof nitrogen filled. Clear image, good FOV on the 44 and 50mm. Cabelas, sail, lebaron, prety much any hunting or shooting store.
Im going to have too agree Here.

Yes Airsoft Guns don't have the range of Realsteel, But a good scope can be used for more then Just shooting.
Seeing someone 300 yrds away, With the ability too see what they are doing is just as important as taking the shot.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 13:05   #13
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

and thats exactly why i went for the bushnell trophy. Is it their or the best scope out there, not at all but it is alot beter than most 200-250$ scopes and u can beat the hell out of it and not worry about it too much. And it is likely the best scope for the money
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2014, 15:56   #14
volteco

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
I have no idea. I don't think they should fall under ITAR restrictions because it is a Japanese optics company after all. Maybe it was the company just being overly cautious. I've heard of companies not shipping T-Shirts or random accessories because its outside of the US.

Primary Arms maybe if you get it shipped to the border and pick it up on your own.

But that said you really should get clarification if it is or is not ITAR restricted.
Found it. Wolverine supplies.
Old August 7th, 2014, 17:27   #15
BloodDrinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
and thats exactly why i went for the bushnell trophy. Is it their or the best scope out there, not at all but it is alot beter than most 200-250$ scopes and u can beat the hell out of it and not worry about it too much. And it is likely the best scope for the money
+2 i have one on my real steels hunting rifles and i am tempted to get one for my M14

Voting liberal or NDP and signing a petition to ban airsoft is the same thing.
BloodDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion