Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tippmann M4 Carbine Airsoft?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 21st, 2014, 16:55   #166
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
There will be airsoft players with HPA, AEG and GBBR. Neither one will phase out the other. Tippmann has chosen CO2

Just like in paintball.... HPA or CO2

If you are into airguns... its either a springer, CO2 or PCP(HPA)
I believe its CO2 and HPA
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 17:20   #167
aprogressivone

Quote:
There will be airsoft players with HPA, AEG and GBBR. Neither one will phase out the other. Tippmann has chosen CO2

Just like in paintball.... HPA or CO2

If you are into airguns... its either a springer, CO2 or PCP(HPA)
Tippmann has chosen CO2? It can run HPA or CO2... CO2 remote line is just a cheaper setup. There is nothing stopping you from connecting a HPA tank to the Tippmann m4.
aprogressivone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 20:38   #168
SuperHog

Does the Tippmann M4 requires regulated input pressure or does the gun itself have a pressure regulator built in for HPA? Can the Tippmann use standard AEG magazines?

Seems that Polar Star has a conversion that allow you to convert your favorite M4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-wbT...rYiVNCJo7o2BqA
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 20:43   #169
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Does the Tippmann M4 requires regulated input pressure or does the gun itself have a pressure regulator built in for HPA? Can the Tippmann use standard AEG magazines?

Seems that Polar Star has a conversion that allow you to convert your favorite M4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-wbT...rYiVNCJo7o2BqA
I believe the answer is yes to both. Im guessing if it can run CO2 without an external reg, then it can run HPA without an external reg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
I consulted for Tippmann on this project for the last several years. Let me answer some of your questions:
1) The CO2 mag is an 80 round magazine. The CO2 cartridge should get you about 80 shots.. it's a wash at that point.
2) If you run it on a remote line, you can use AEG magazines.
3) This is not a 'cheaper version' of a polar star system. This is a semi-automatic system that has been proven for decades in paintball. The Tippmann 98 is the most reliable marker in paintball, and that technology is now powering an airsoft gun.
4) As stated in the video, the stock can be replaced with either your real stocks, or a lot of the aftermarket airsoft stocks. The rail system can also be swapped for your real system or more aftermarket airsoft rail systems.
5) This is the first airsoft gun made in the USA. This is made in Ft. Wayne, Indiana at Tippmann World Headquarters.
6) Tippmann's warranty is beyond anything airsofters are used to. 2 year warranty on parts. They attend larger events, having a technician, parts and FREE service (just put something in the tip jar) to help Tippmann owners. I am one of these techs, and have been for 5 years here in Canada. It's awesome. Bring the gun, we fix it. You go back to playing. That fast, that simple!
We are currently working on a schedule of events that Tippmann will be attending in both the USA and Canada for the 2014 season. As we confirm these dates, you can be sure that I will be announcing them here on ASC.

Anything else? Feel free to ask!

Mav
Old April 21st, 2014, 23:37   #170
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
I believe the answer is yes to both. Im guessing if it can run CO2 without an external reg, then it can run HPA without an external reg.
HPA needs regulator.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 00:14   #171
redneck12

It uses CO2 capsules in the mag, and a standard QD regulated line for the HPA tanks no different then a paintball marker set up.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 00:18   #172
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
HPA needs regulator.
I mean that i dont think it needs an extra regulator to bring down the pressure from the HPA tanks own regulator, much like if you were to remote line any pb marker. I think the valve will be able to handle the normal ~800psi (i think) from standard pb hpa tanks

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; April 22nd, 2014 at 00:23..
Old April 22nd, 2014, 01:55   #173
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

First, Tippmann has never made anything out of pot metal. Ever. They have made some of the most durable, reliable markers in paintball. Ever. The #1 selling marker brand in the World. Period. Yes, a DM or a PE of a Bob Long are lighter, but they are also based on a different style of play. After 31 years in paintball, and having owned markers from every company that has made them, I can say that Tippmann makes some seriously reliable, beefy markers designed to take a pounding.
Second, no experience with hpa? Every Tippmann marker was and has been tested to work with hpa, and also CO2. The phenom, crossover and XVR prefer hpa over CO2, but they can run on both.

Now, as far as the airsoft gun goes:
It will take aeg magazines when it it hooked up to a remote line set up.
Yes, it can handle using hpa or co2 in the remote line configuration. Just as with a paintball marker switching between the 2 will more than likely require some necessary velocity adjustments as both gases perform differently.

To suggest that this is going to be crap before you even see it, hold it, or shoot it makes me wonder about your anger towards the company. Patience. Wait. When it comes out in June and you get to try one, THEN comment on what you think about it. Until then, you should be excited that a new system is coming.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 03:36   #174
redneck12

I swore and would still swear by Tippmann for my go to paintball marker. I had a Sierra 1 and an A5, both were tanks and survived many rough games and falls never broke or let me down. The only thing I can remember breaking was a hopper neck, I would definitely trust a Tippmann body over a standard airsoft receiver.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 06:44   #175
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I as well don't understand some of the hate on this thread, but everyone knows what opinions count for.

HPA systems always had at least one regulator on them, even saw some in my time with duals at the bottle. No where was it said that this M4 was CO2 only except for the cartridges in the magazines.

And no one can doubt the longevity of a Tippmann, I'm hoping that is the biggest change they bring into the airsoft industry as a lot of people are like "well, this gun will break down faster then this gun"... not much have I heard of as rock solid out of the box performance with something you grab off the shelf.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 16:51   #176
Gigueand

Quote:
They had many failed products like the flatline barrels, propane paintball guns, the recent tourney/woodsball Crossover gun...
The flatline certainly wasn't a failure. It has got to be one of the most popular paintball barrels ever made.

I'd argue that the C3 was never meant to be a commercial success. It was a propane powered pump-gun in an age of ultra-fast, ultra-light HPA powered electropneumatic guns. Like a whole slew of Tippmann products from the first ASA guns to the first full-auto guns like the SMG line to the early cyclone feeder on the Tippmann F/A, the C3 was a sort of test-bed for an innovative idea.

The Crossover is still being produced and sold, so it's hard to label it a failed product.

The Model 98 is the most numerous and widely used paintball gun in the history of the game.

Still, it's entirely arguable that the quality of Tippmann products and the company's capacity for innovation has declined dramatically since the company went from being family owned to corporate owned.

Having said all of that, very few people actually have first hand experience with this product, so we might want to actually hold off judgement until it's actually been released.
Gigueand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 17:09   #177
jomor

Tippmann

I have been out of Paintball for many years. So I have to say that I'm bummed to find out it's not run by the family anymore. Please tell me at least the BT is still run by one of the family? Was it a cousin or son that broke off and started BT?
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 18:55   #178
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
I have been out of Paintball for many years. So I have to say that I'm bummed to find out it's not run by the family anymore. Please tell me at least the BT is still run by one of the family? Was it a cousin or son that broke off and started BT?
It was Ben the nephew, but BT also got sold to Kee Action Sports. BT have been more successful.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 18:57   #179
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigueand View Post
The Crossover is still being produced and sold, so it's hard to label it a failed product.
The Crossover did fail. Sales were flat. It was revamped and re-released as the Crossover XVR. Still not selling well at all. Tippmann was trying to position as a tourney marker, but as of today, no pro teams will use it. It remains as a pricey woodsball gun.

Quote:
I'd argue that the C3 was never meant to be a commercial success. It was a propane powered pump-gun in an age of ultra-fast, ultra-light HPA powered electropneumatic guns.
Not true. CCM is the best at pumps and still the king of pumps because the quality rules. I have a T2 and know it. Empire had the Autococker Sniper, but CCM still beats it. Pump guns compete in a separate class.

Quote:
The flatline certainly wasn't a failure. It has got to be one of the most popular paintball barrels ever made.
Most popular???? but the Flatline died. The Apex has replaced it.

Do you even play paintball?

Last edited by SuperHog; April 22nd, 2014 at 19:17..
Old April 27th, 2014, 11:26   #180
MultipleParadox

Tippmann M4 Carbine Airsoft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbain500 View Post
With the new Polarstar drop in engine coming out soon I think this will take the Tippman out of the market before it even gets there. I'm sure the die hard Tippman guys will buy one and a few other people but, I don't see it becoming huge like other brands on the market.

Herrrrr... Hasent this been out already since like... A year at least?

And at 500$ the drop in, I don't think tipmann and and P* cater to the same budget

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion