Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Boots boots boots!

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 19th, 2014, 14:27   #16
targetGspot

If you're not worried about it being military style I recommend "Keen" boots. I bought a pair of steel toe for work and swear by them now. I have been wearing those boots for work and airsoft for over 2 years now. For next season I will purchase a hiker for airsoft and leave the work boots at work.
Old February 19th, 2014, 14:50   #17
bareass

i have a pair of swat classic 9 and love them.. i use them all the time for hiking, joggin wooded trails, airsoft... everything really. i've had them for years and have loved them since day one.
i liked them so much, i bought a set of hard toed classics with side zip for work... not as comfortable as my soft toe, but a great work boot!
bareass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 16:35   #18
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Do yourself a favor, avoid heavy or ridged boots for airsoft. Comfortable, lightweight, good ankle support, breath-ability, quality, etc.
Old February 19th, 2014, 16:46   #19
DaRkCoMmAnDo

If you dont mind hiking boots, check out MEC or Atmosphere, they have a decent selection.

I personally just transitioned from Bates boots to Asolo Fugitives and while I like the feeling of 8" boots, the Fugitives are easily my favourite piece of footwear now. Mind you they are about $250. Very worth it, in my opinion.
DaRkCoMmAnDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 19:41   #20
danhay

The Rocky S2V is the most comfortable and durable combat boot I've ever worn. I have owned a few pairs of SWATs and while they are comfy as hell the sole doesn't stand up very well. The S2V has a Vibram rubber sole which is the gold standard for hikers and climbers. In fact, I d a lot of hiking in the Rocky Mountains and I started using my S2Vs for this purpose last year instead of my Montrail full leather boots. The S2Vs aren't waterproof but they will dry out quickly after being completely immersed due to their ingenious drainage system. I can't recommend these boots enough. In fact, since I picked mine up a not insignificant number of my team mates have also bought S2Vs and are similarly very happy with them.

For the low cut light hiker option, Keens are fantastic. The extended toe rand and a Vibram sole (on many of their models) results in extremely durable yet comfortable footwear. Most Keens are a little heavier than other light hikers but they are far more durable and usable in the back country (most light hikers will not comfortably negotiate much more than a gravel parking lot). I've worn the same pair of Keens light hikers (I've forgotten the exact model) twice daily for the last 3 years for 5 km walks with my dogs in a local conservation area. They are now needing replacement because I've worn the grips off the ball of the foot area but the uppers are still in superb condition. The only reason I won't re-sole the boots is because it will be less costly to simply replace them.

I should mention that I wore my Keens airsofting before I picked up the S2Vs.
danhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 21:44   #21
Jherico

I'm currently wearing a pair of Condor's and have to say love them being out on the "Wet" Coast most my gaming comes when the fields are muddy and wet and once it warms up it warms up and the field dry's out and the mud crumbles. I've been wearing these boots for 2 years and unbelievably happy with them and barring any problems I'll pick up another pair they have great ankle support as for price point I got a deal on them but I think they retail at the $150-$200 range. They are a little rigid but I'd hate to roll an ankle and be out of game because they didn't offer any ankle support.
Jherico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 22:00   #22
Jimski

Magnum boots suck.big disappointment.
I go Danner now but it's a bit expensive.
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 21:50   #23
Bigload

I just ordered two sets of Merell's shoes, not really boots,
Check out the Pulsate and Moab series, some are water proof.
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion