Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC (StarkArms) Glock 17 Full Trades & Metal

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 3rd, 2013, 17:40   #1
Sequential

VFC (StarkArms) Glock 17 Full Trades & Metal

Not much exposure on this gun, but I just wanted to post a thread about it here on the forums.
Don't mind the silicone oil on the gun, didn't wipe it down before the photoshoot.

The gun is based off of the Tokyo Marui Glock 17. However unlike the Marui the VFC is Green Gas/Propane ready~!

Aftermarket parts are available. The gun is a clone of the TM platform, but with metal goodies.

It comes with a metal slide, metal barrel and plastic barrel.
I haven't installed the metal barrel yet though.

The gun is fully trademarked, just like the real steel version of the Glock 17.
Shows all the patents and serial numbers just like the real Glock 17 should.

Two mag butt plate, one has a hole in it so you can fill gas, the other is a slide on cover which covers the hole completely. This makes it a super realistic movie prop or wall-hanger.

All things aside, I test fired the gun. This Glock packs quite a punch! The blow-back is crisp and fast. Very clean out of the box performance. I am very impressed!

There are no gaps in between the metal slide and polymer frame. I have to say, I am very impressed with the build quality.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures and short review. If you are in the market for a Glock, you should really consider picking one of these up!

Last edited by Sequential; September 4th, 2013 at 02:54..
Sequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 19:00   #2
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

I had one briefly a while ago. The polymer on the gun is excellent feeling. Very matte and cool to the touch.

Last edited by ILLusion; September 4th, 2013 at 10:41..
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 19:03   #3
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
I had one briefly a while ago. The polymer on the gun is excellent feeling. Very matte and cool to the touch.
Agreed, the feeling of the polymer is very nice. By far one of the best Glock's I've held... After playing with the VFC, I would steer far away from WE...

Last edited by ILLusion; September 4th, 2013 at 10:41..
Sequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:54   #4
shelcoof

I had two of these in 17 and 18C form.

Both broke. Some issues I had with both.

Slide locked back for some reason and both had to be cut in half to get the slide off.

You'll need the stock outer barrel in order for a new replacement slide to work other than a Stark Arms.

Magazine catch with the steel plate integrated in actually hinders performance and reliability. I know this plate was suppose to improve durability but in the end it just failed because it came loose. Magazines have a hard time seating properly due to this.

I also believe the rear sight is proprietary as well with the rear plate holding the bbu in place. Not TM compatible.... though I can't remember exactly.

The recoil spring guide has a duel spring system. The little shim that is plastic that separates the two will break. It is really cheap plastic.

Gun eventually will start to lock back for some reason. Slide and barrel won't mesh properly resulting in a permanent lock when it is pulled back too far.

If you look at the gun and see all the improvements made to the TM design is is really neat but they failed in doing so... very sad

Guys avoid this gun. Get a WE and upgrade it. Will be much cheaper than upgrading a TM and its just as reliable
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 12:53   #5
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
I had two of these in 17 and 18C form.

Both broke. Some issues I had with both.

Slide locked back for some reason and both had to be cut in half to get the slide off.

You'll need the stock outer barrel in order for a new replacement slide to work other than a Stark Arms.

Magazine catch with the steel plate integrated in actually hinders performance and reliability. I know this plate was suppose to improve durability but in the end it just failed because it came loose. Magazines have a hard time seating properly due to this.

I also believe the rear sight is proprietary as well with the rear plate holding the bbu in place. Not TM compatible.... though I can't remember exactly.

The recoil spring guide has a duel spring system. The little shim that is plastic that separates the two will break. It is really cheap plastic.

Gun eventually will start to lock back for some reason. Slide and barrel won't mesh properly resulting in a permanent lock when it is pulled back too far.

If you look at the gun and see all the improvements made to the TM design is is really neat but they failed in doing so... very sad

Guys avoid this gun. Get a WE and upgrade it. Will be much cheaper than upgrading a TM and its just as reliable
I couldn't agree with what you have said at all... Perhaps you had the older revision of the Starkarms Glocks. They have made many improvements over these months.

I do not understand how you need to cut the slide in half in order to fix a gun, every GBB I ever owned, I have never done this to. Even the worst of quality gbbs. Stuff coming loose is probably your failure to properly maintenance a gun.
Old September 11th, 2013, 14:18   #6
shelcoof

The slide locked back and was unable to return. There was no other way of getting the slide back and the best solution to salvage what I could was to cut off the slide as I could replace it with an aftermarket slide such as a PGC.

If you've inspected your Glock I'm sure I am right about all those parts such as the metal plate on the magazine catch, BBU is held on by a metal plate and the rear sight slides off, the double recoil spring guide with the plastic shim.

I've had those guns over a year ago I think.... so maybe they have improved. Based on my experience with the two Glocks I say pass and get a WE.

Problems with WE are fixable and once upgraded perform extremely well. Some of the issues such as the outer barrel has been fixed on new models as well.

Only issue you may encounter on the G18C is the nozzle breaking but once you modify the rod it should be fine.

The G17 WE shouldn't have the same nozzle issues as the 18C version.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 20:11   #7
DeuceCRK08

Where is a good place to buy this? Can't seem to find many places that have the 17.
DeuceCRK08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 00:35   #8
Sequential

Get age verified.
Old October 9th, 2013, 13:42   #9
DeuceCRK08

I'm 20 and live in the US.
DeuceCRK08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 13:49   #10
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceCRK08 View Post
I'm 20 and live in the US.
Then you may want to do some searches, should be much easier for you to find than us. Sorry we can't point you to any sites without being age verified tho.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 14:06   #11
Danke

Glocks are particularly hard to find in the USA. US customs knows to watch for them re Trade Dress and won't let them in.

I don't know of a good USA website for airsoft but if you sign up on Arnies Airsoft there's a big Glock thread on there with USA folks posting info on what they've got. Check in there but be prepared for headaches.
Old October 9th, 2013, 14:10   #12
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Glocks are particularly hard to find in the USA. US customs knows to watch for them re Trade Dress and won't let them in.
I stand corrected. Thanks Danke, good to know.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 14:41   #13
Danke

That crackdown is what resulted in the KWA ATP.

It's not even a case of putting some tape on the slide over the G17. I hear they are ruthless in stopping them entering in any way, shape, or form.

Yes; it's better in Canada!
Old October 9th, 2013, 16:38   #14
JDoorn

I'm age verified, could you please pm me info on where to get this VFC glock? I've been looking at getting a glock as my next pistol for a while now. This one might just be the one.
JDoorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 18:18   #15
cookedham

Can't get it in Canada need to import Canada retailer only carry WE, so call people believe it is good but worse than vfc glock

Secondary: StarkArms G19,PPQ,M&P9
cookedham is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion