AEG won't shoot full auto

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 18th, 2013, 22:36   #1
TheYellowDart
Myoga

AEG won't shoot full auto

Safe and semi work, but not full auto.

Details: I'm building an M933 from scratch. Using a VFC drop in mechbox with a JG metal body. The VFC selector plate didn't mesh with the JG selector switch, so I replaced it with a TM selector plate. Everything is working well except it shoots semi when the selector switch is set to full auto.

I'm thinking the JG selector switch isn't pushing the TM selector plate far enough to disengage the cut off lever. So I think I want to add some material to the selector plate so it can push the cut off lever without having to move as far.

What's the best way to do this? I tried adding a few layers of duct tape, but no cigar. A glob of glue maybe? I want a fix that will last.
TheYellowDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 22:45   #2
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

replace the selector switch...
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 23:20   #3
TheYellowDart
Myoga

Replace with which brand selector switch? Which brand has a longer reach than a JG switch?

Don't want to waste money buying random selector switches that may or may not fix the issue.
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:58   #4
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Unfortunately unless someone has done that exact combination, you're not going to get a definitive answer.

It could be anything from your selector disc to your selector plate to the way your selector plate interacts with your cut-off lever. You will always run into these issues when mixing manufacturers, especially when you introduce ACM stuff like JG. Another reason why I stick with on-spec bodies.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2013, 14:25   #5
coach
aka coachster

OP: Have you tried to install the motor/grip directly to the mechbox, without the lower receiver and test where the current selector plate is failing you?
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:55   #6
TheYellowDart
Myoga

I borrowed a CA selector switch and it made no difference. Seemed to be the same spec as the JG one.

Coach, that's a great idea. Should let me know how far I need the selector plate to move before full auto kicks in. Will try that when I find time to work on it again.

I think I might put a dab of solder on the cut off lever, and see if that helps the plate engage the cut off lever without needing to move as far.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 23:42   #7
TheYellowDart
Myoga

UPDATE: I tried adding a dab of solder on the cut off lever so that the selector plate engages it with less movement. Tested it out, and instead of getting semi auto when the selector switch is set to full auto, it locked the trigger like it was on safe. Semi auto still worked.

This meant that the cut off lever was in precisely the right position to block the trigger sled from moving when set to full auto. So I just added a bit more solder to move the cut off lever pass that position and now everything is working as it should. Problem solved!
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:09   #8
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYellowDart View Post
Problem solved!
Until the solder breaks off and jams up...
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner