Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Peer Review: Art of War Op Blood Diamond

:

General

Old August 30th, 2013, 23:00   #46
marac

Milsim is trying to simulate real life as close as possible providing it's just a game. Medics in real life usually aren't there to quickly patch the guy up and have him go back into the fight like nothing happened after he's been SHOT. Medics are there to keep the guy alive, but the guy is still going to be out of the fight, medevaced back to wherever (KAF would be example in recent events for us). If you are going to use medics, I'd focus on perhaps shortening the respawn time for the guy that's been treated, but I would not want to have the guy continue as if nothing happened, just because someone managed to come up to him. It takes away from the overall casualty impact on the team strength. Just my opinion.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2013, 07:37   #47
MADDOG

Peer Review: Art of War Op Blood Diamond

I have always preferred straight elimination games. It really gives you a sense of accomplishment if you survive. These games are few and far between to much COD instant respawn impatience.

I like conclusions to a game, not constant medic respawn firefight. If a game ends fast reset and do it again and learn from your mistakes.

You do not see guys doing crazy stupid attacks when there is no respawn. And if they do and succeed then they used the appropriate level of initiative and daring to carry it off knowing they could not be medic'd or respawned. That is what makes memories.

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Last edited by MADDOG; August 31st, 2013 at 07:44..
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2013, 10:27   #48
CR0M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
I have always preferred straight elimination games. It really gives you a sense of accomplishment if you survive. These games are few and far between to much COD instant respawn impatience.

I like conclusions to a game, not constant medic respawn firefight. If a game ends fast reset and do it again and learn from your mistakes.

You do not see guys doing crazy stupid attacks when there is no respawn. And if they do and succeed then they used the appropriate level of initiative and daring to carry it off knowing they could not be medic'd or respawned. That is what makes memories.
that sounds fun for skirmish days, but it would really suck to pay a premium and drive for hours and be the first guy killed and have to wait around for hours to play again lol.... not to mention i almost always give people the benefit of the doubt and call hit when im unsure if i was hit. i wouldnt be doing that for one life lol

Last edited by CR0M; August 31st, 2013 at 10:47..
CR0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2013, 12:26   #49
marac

Agree, no respawns is a skirmish game, and those would be limited to smaller areas and would end rather quickly, or you risk people waiting for hours to play again. Respawns should be seen as reinforcements, and they don't come too often, forcing you to pick your fights and know when to charge and when to retreat and fight another day.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 01:21   #50
LongStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Game Variables I find entertaining:

2. Random helicopter insertions where a team holds on to a rope and is lead into the AO and used to reinforce a team holding the ground or add to an attack. They cannot be shot at or killed until they fast rope from the line into the fight. Each team has a limited number of times they can use this advantage and a maximum amount of people allowed on the chopper. The chopper can be shot down by designated “Stinger” players put these individuals need to run up and touch the rope, they cannot be shot by the players on the chopper and if he reaches the chopper everyone is dead. There are minimal individuals with stingers and they need to be employed properly. This adds a different dynamic to the game and allows people to get right in the fight to keep the action going for those with limited patience,The adrenaline starts to pump when you can see the reinforcements coming and you need to reorg and change plans quickly.
I've used this insert method for greaseball games in the past and it worked out very well, I also used a similar scenario for "gunships" with a ref acting as "pilot" with 2 players acting as gunners with a fixed flight time (5-10mins). The gun ship was a single "ticket" objective on the field that could be found by either team and used at their discretion (no helo battles)

In both cases I made a couple nerf "whistle rockets" available as objectives (reset after use).

the "HFS!" factor when the gunship came out was great and it was actually taken out with the nerf rockets far more often than I expected.
LongStone is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General