Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC SCAR Wiring

:

General

Old September 5th, 2013, 02:08   #1
WeAreLegion

VFC SCAR Wiring

I am thinking about re wiring my scar as I want a m4 stock on the back and everyone is saying different things wether it be it is easy to, or it is impossible to. I know the scar has 2 hinges that connects the gearbox to the battery in the stock (I think that's the name of it) but anyway would it be easier to wire it to like a PEQ box in the front. Or try to wire it into the m4 stock I am going to get. (A CTR stock) any thoughts guys?
WeAreLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 02:31   #2
ccyg8774

I have seen SCAR-AR stock adapters, for airsoft.
http://yzh.hk/en_ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=6243
Don't ask me where to get it... I have no idea.
It is not foldable, so no hinges. That may makes the wiring simpler, as the pervious wiring uses the hinges as contact, you can now directly connect with wires - if the space allows.
It may or may not be designed for VFC, but I think it could at least fit on a VFC with some modification.
The buffer tube may fit a stick battery in, but not sure if it have space for wire to pass into the buffer tube through the adapter.

Last edited by ccyg8774; September 5th, 2013 at 16:06..
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:21   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the VFC scar was designed to have wireless breakdown... the wires from the gearbox end at the back of the receiver. If you find the stock adapter, you will need to drill holes (or a large hole) in your receiver and rewire your gearbox to a more conventional wiring setup, which is not hard.

So either drill holes large enough to pass bullet connectors through to adapt to the shortened harness on the gearbox, or drill 1 big hole to pass a deans plug through.
Old September 5th, 2013, 16:46   #4
OM3GA

The best ar stock adapter would probably be the Angry Gun one for your use if you want to rear wire it with an ar stock. http://mach1airsoft.com/product/angr...ter-for-wevfc/

If you do it the way lurkingknight said, and use a buffer tube for a battery you should have no problems. This will give you the same amount of room as an M4 has.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 17:23   #5
WeAreLegion

Hey guys thanks for all the good input. I am probably going to buffer tube wire it, also the part that is liked it pretty expensive compared to this http://www.ebairsoft.com/scar-receiv...1a-p-6648.html
Would that fit my scar or is it just safer to go with the more expensive thing?
WeAreLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 17:28   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

ebairsoft is a shitty store with shitty service. they hold your money for a month without telling you why and then when you remember about your order and ask, they don't answer emails until you file a paypal dispute then your item magically comes back instock and is shipped.

that being said, that part looks to be plastic. If I were doing the conversion, I would want a metal plate back there with a metal buffer tube.
Old September 5th, 2013, 17:36   #7
OM3GA

It is plastic and that seems like a bad idea considering it isn't a solid part. Also considering how it is built and adjusts I don't think it will accept a battery very easily if at all.

I realize the Angry Gun adapter I linked isn't the most affordable but that part is really the foundation of the conversion you are doing. Not to mention it is probably the best quality adapter you can buy, and you won't have to worry about international shipping.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General