Airsoft Canada
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/airsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My Finalized Base Loadout (KA P90 & Elite Force 1911 TAC)

:

General

Old August 11th, 2013, 22:35   #16
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

p90 don't need no extended barrel to outrange longer barreled aegs.

There's lots of stuff you can do to it and keep the stock 247mm barrel length and still hit at 80m.
Old August 11th, 2013, 23:06   #17
ShelledPants

I ran a TM P90 for a season, one of the straightest shooting AEGs I'd owned, and the ROF was on the silly side of awesome. I don't regret selling it. Mags are a pain to carry, reloading is a breeze, but storing spent mags required a finesse that had to be learned really slow to get it right. It is the best SMG/LMG ever. Real cap at 60ish rounds was nuts.

I also had to build a custom twist lock kydex insert for M4 pouches to carry 8 magazines in an 8 magazine M4 rig. It worked well but the mags ended up hitting me in the face if I was supine.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2013, 23:44   #18
mmmken

I kid, I kid.

.. now for some useful feedback. Skip the pistol and use that money to improve your P90. KWC/Elite Force junk should be avoided. Save your bones for TM based variants. You'll thank me later.

Last edited by mmmken; August 11th, 2013 at 23:46..
mmmken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 00:11   #19
Mr. Gruntsworthy

fair enough; but to my understanding, I thought Tokyo Marui stuff was hard as tits to import?

And the sidearm will come later, regardless of which P90 I get; I just want to hammer out the details of which model. It's looking like I might go the WE route then.

Sidearm: KJW Taurus PT92 (olive drab)
320fps, semi-automatic. Propane GBB

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open facebook group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft players. Join the Forums as well
Come join!

My Game Dev website: http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Mr. Gruntsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 00:17   #20
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

WE pistols I find are still very hit or miss. Their Glock frames are awesome (Go HK3!) but finishes and compatibility leave much to be desired.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 13:26   #21
mmmken

Get age verified and you'll find a plethora of 1911 and hicapas from TM on the classifieds here. WE is improving, but their name has been plagued by their tinted HiCapas/1911 from years ago. Their Glocks are decent though.
Old August 12th, 2013, 14:56   #22
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I ran a P90 for quite some time. It was a pain to carry enough mags.

this is what my kit looked like. It was more urban warfare oriented. I could only carry 4 mags on my main kit, and maybe 2 extra on a drop leg. Mag changes where a pain. especially those on the drop leg.

The P90 itself work verry well. Even at -40 in winter. But the problem is it's mags. They are too long!

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 15:03   #23
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I get 6 mags on my vest... if I wanted to I could do another 4 on a leg.

but then again.. I'm a bigger dude... but the condor molle vest can physically mount 3 on each side.

if you want to talk how to manage them... then this is what I do:

6 mags across chest all fully loaded... need to change out in a fire fight?

mag out of the gun, into the dump pouch.

mag closest to loading hand (left) out of the pouch, into the gun.

a lull in the action or walk to respawn, empty comes out of the dump pouch, into pouch farthest from loading arm, the full mag then gets pushed towards the loading arm.

It's a pain in the ass if you are on your stomach or on your back. Though on your back is a lot more manageable.

Last edited by lurkingknight; August 12th, 2013 at 15:09..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 15:06   #24
FOX_111

I found that more than 4 made it too thick. Under my mags, I have kevlar and a lvl4 plate... If you still want to be able to go prone or fit in a small dorway... I would not go with more. Double stack pouchs where no-no.

Old August 12th, 2013, 15:40   #25
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

proportionally speaking, 6 mags in realcap just shy of 60 rounds each is a pretty good load, it's more than 10 m4 mags...
midcapping... it starts to even out if they can only hold 120-150.. most m4 midcaps these days can hold 120.
Old August 16th, 2013, 17:49   #26
Mr. Gruntsworthy

So, I picked up my King Arms P90. Absolutely love it.

However, there's a sticker on the box that says it's been 'modified to shoot between 370 to 450 fps.' Is this normal? I haven't had an opportunity to chrono it yet (not until sunday). Worst-case scenario I swap out the spring for an M120.

I'm still undecided on a pistol though. Currently I'm leaning towards the KJW 1911; I like the fact that it has both CO2 and GG/Propane mags available for it. (CO2 for outdoors, GG/Propane for CQB)

Tokyo Marui is out of the question--getting age verified in my area is nothing short of a pain in the ass (so I can't view the sales forums), and none of the retailers I know of carry TM stuff.

Sidearm: KJW Taurus PT92 (olive drab)
320fps, semi-automatic. Propane GBB

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open facebook group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft players. Join the Forums as well
Come join!

My Game Dev website: http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Mr. Gruntsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 17:57   #27
L473ncy

KJW is 99% compatible with TM so I guess why not (Note that the KJW magwells have cutouts for CO2 mags with CO2 cartridges in them so you can use a TM mag in a KJW but not a KJW CO2 mag in a TM).

As for the P90, if you can just go to a PB shop or something to test the FPS, hopefully it's under but if not an M110 or M120 will do the trick. In the heyday like 2 years ago IIRC they would usually shoot above like 430 FPS but I don't know how things are now seeing as how I haven't purchased a new gun in like 4 years....
Old August 16th, 2013, 23:36   #28
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gruntsworthy View Post
Tokyo Marui is out of the question--getting age verified in my area is nothing short of a pain in the ass (so I can't view the sales forums), and none of the retailers I know of carry TM stuff.
Have you at least tried looking around for a verifier in your area? Who did you try contacting? I can name at least one verifier that you frequent (a large retailer in Toronto) - judging from your posts on Facebook.

It's not as much work as you think, and besides - it'll be worth your while to do so.
Old August 16th, 2013, 23:40   #29
Forever_kaos

I was in Oshawa for a WW2 event not too long ago, unfortunately it's maybe only going to happen yearly. Otherwise, we could've worked something out.

Other then that, make a trip to Toronto, stop by one of the few stores there that do.

It is pretty worth while.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:22   #30
FOX_111

Swaping a pring in a P90 gearbox is very easy. The gearbox come out with only one or two screws at the back. Then opening it is very easy, compared to a Gen2 gearbox.

We upgraded my TM P90tr spring on the porch railing of my friend's house. It took 5 minutes. (house is surrounded by deep forest, no neigbors, just so people know.)

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General