Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

GHK AKM GBBR Review

:

Reviews

Old May 24th, 2013, 11:10   #46
uncle_benny12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
I was but only once in a while. I chalked it up to a loose rear sight base and once I fixed that it seemed to go away, but came back after a little bit.... I will try out a standard GHK magazine in my gun today and see how it feeds with the PROWIN nozzle assembly... But I have a feeling it will feed just fine.
I put in the magazine and manually cycled the bolt a few times. It seems to have improved on one of my magazines, but the other one would jam every 5-10 rounds.

Also just putting this out there, if anyone else run into this problem, remove the magazine first and then clear the jam. DO NOT push the bolt forward by force as the gun will fire. Ask me how I know...
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:13   #47
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

With the PROWIN nozzle the rifle cycles smooth as butter, stock with no magazine in the stock nozzle would stick sometimes that is what is causing your misfeeds.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:48   #48
uncle_benny12

I'll have another look when I get home.

BTW, thanks for posting up all this info, it's a great read for those who are new to the platform.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:55   #49
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_benny12 View Post
... thanks for posting up all this info, it's a great read for those who are new to the platform.
I am a river to my people; it flows like a crystal stream, etc...
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:13   #50
uncle_benny12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
I am a river to my people; it flows like a crystal stream, etc...
As long as it is not a yellow stream, I shall follow.
Old May 25th, 2013, 15:16   #51
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Okay problem, the PROWIN nozzle is a high flow nozzle; gun is shooting 430fps @ 20 degrees celcius... wayyyy too hot. So I'm going to try a stock nozzle + PROWIN hopup chamber combo and see if that works but keeps the velocity low.
Old June 1st, 2013, 12:52   #52
Jeroy Lenkins

So I have a wood kit coming in from mother Russia, along with a Hephaestus Recoil spring kit and aluminum bolt Guide Rod to increase recoil. But I am planning on de-bluing through the following process.
1) Soak the external parts and pins and barrel ect. in White vinegar for 15 minute intervals
2) Wipe the oxidized metal from the body every 20 minutes
3) Repeat until removed
4) Then put in the oven at 250
5) Heat for 20 minutes
6) I plan to scuff with steel wool then layer in gun grease to protect it
7) I'm then planning on just scuffing the bolt up after to mimic the finish and I also plan to scuff the furniture up maybe toss it around he yard a bit

Anyone know if this process will work with the steel and aluminum barrel?
Also does anyone know how much work it'll take to fit my new hand-guards as I cant stand the upper grip movement.

Also can anyone post a description of a full disassembly of the gun? I don't want to mess with the trigger ect to unlblue the gun, thanks guys ill post pics soon.
Jeroy Lenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 20:14   #53
Jeroy Lenkins

Alright guys i have a rather massive problem. I received a Hephaestus steel gas tube and recoilspring and rod. Installed a prowin cnc hop and prowin high out put valve and cut down bucking. My problem now is whenever i fire the first shot goes about 90 feet and the second or third will jam the gun in the 3/4 loaded position. After inspection of the bb it apears scarred on the sides which i had to mark in pink due to my garbage camera. Any ideas?
Actually i dont know how to post pics from my iphone so :/
Jeroy Lenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 17:30   #54
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroy Lenkins View Post
So I have a wood kit coming in from mother Russia, along with a Hephaestus Recoil spring kit and aluminum bolt Guide Rod to increase recoil. But I am planning on de-bluing through the following process. ...Anyone know if this process will work with the steel and aluminum barrel?
Also does anyone know how much work it'll take to fit my new hand-guards as I cant stand the upper grip movement.

Also can anyone post a description of a full disassembly of the gun? I don't want to mess with the trigger ect to unlblue the gun, thanks guys ill post pics soon.
What you want is an actual rust remover; bluing is just a controlled rust process. Best to get a jelly type remover and then you can just wipe it on/rinse off. Also you will want to buy a steel barrel as the aluminum barrel will not age just like the steel, it looks horrible side by side. Regarding the hand guards, they simply slide out of the gas tube sideways, it's a twisting motion. Although I am curious why you are putting on real wood as the stock GHK wood is pretty spot onto the real thing. But all the more power to you.

Full disassemble of the gun is as per a real steel AKM with a few minor differences.

Here is a shot of my AKM today showing the weathering done;

Last edited by Kokanee; June 15th, 2013 at 17:57..
Old June 15th, 2013, 17:32   #55
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroy Lenkins View Post
Alright guys i have a rather massive problem. I received a Hephaestus steel gas tube and recoilspring and rod. Installed a prowin cnc hop and prowin high out put valve and cut down bucking. My problem now is whenever i fire the first shot goes about 90 feet and the second or third will jam the gun in the 3/4 loaded position. After inspection of the bb it apears scarred on the sides which i had to mark in pink due to my garbage camera. Any ideas?
Actually i dont know how to post pics from my iphone so :/
The Hephaestus gas tube is most likely too low, resulting in the gas piston striking it when cycling. Try installing the stock gas tube and see if that fixes it.

Which magazines are you using? Also it is generally considered a bad idea to run both the PROWIN metal nozzle and metal hop chamber as over long term you'll most likely damage the nozzle.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 13:31   #56
pum

Greetings from Montreal!

first of, my name is Herb, and a new member here

I just picked up the GHK AKMS yesterday, and noticed a very annoying issue:
the magazine locking pin is very loose, the pin keeps getting pushed out everytime i push the mag release. Does anyone has this issue? I already contacted Samoon and they will send a replacement. I am still disapointed that it doesnt come perfect after I paid $550 for it

Secondly in your opinion, is it worth it to get the upgrade for velocity ,blowback kit, and the steel barrel? With shipping I am looking at adding $200 to the gun that already cost so much. The gun will not be used for gaming btw.

cheers,
Herb
pum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:32   #57
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Just the steel barrel and a real pistol grip if you are collecting vs gaming.
Old July 9th, 2013, 01:56   #58
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by pum View Post
Greetings from Montreal!

first of, my name is Herb, and a new member here

I just picked up the GHK AKMS yesterday, and noticed a very annoying issue:
the magazine locking pin is very loose, the pin keeps getting pushed out everytime i push the mag release. Does anyone has this issue? I already contacted Samoon and they will send a replacement. I am still disapointed that it doesnt come perfect after I paid $550 for it

Secondly in your opinion, is it worth it to get the upgrade for velocity ,blowback kit, and the steel barrel? With shipping I am looking at adding $200 to the gun that already cost so much. The gun will not be used for gaming btw.

cheers,
Herb
I would probably get only the prowin hop up chamber and a prometheus inner barrel for increase accuracy. The trigger components seem pretty good already. The prowin valve knocker didn't work at all for me, and required some modifications for both GHK AK74U and AKM. As such, I would suggest using the stock valve knocker and also, stick with the stock plastic nozzle too.

I ordered an Action Aluminum Cylinder Bulb and a Hephaeteus valve knocker just for kicks to see if it actually works. Will report back my results.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:45   #59
diwasas

Hi,

I have very annoying problem with my GHK AKM. In three months of use I've already broken four nozzles and all cacked in same way (same broken leg):

Anybody have any idea what is causing this? Last nozzle broke after two magazines. It is driving me crazy.
diwasas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 15:31   #60
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I would agree with the fellows on gasguns.info that the modifications you have made to the rifle have thrown it out of spec (bolt carrier too heavy, rotating off axis due to wobbly gas piston) and that is causing the bolt (which is a wear item) to break prematurely.

Perhaps consider installing the heavy recoil piston with the stock connector, locktite it and see if that fixes your problem?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews