Newbie Tank

Old July 11th, 2012, 20:38   #16
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

No, but see my pm
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 20:40   #17
alteran20

lol K thanks. then Watt web page should i go to that i can get parts and gun's ?? at a reasonable price then ?
alteran20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 00:30   #18
Summers1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteran20 View Post
lol K thanks. then Watt web page should i go to that i can get parts and gun's ?? at a reasonable price then ?
That we can not tell you until you are AV'ed, but you can still use Google to search for yourself.
Summers1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:22   #19
alteran20

i don't get that hole thing the age verify thing. but if you want tho know I'm 17 years old

4 October 1994 my b-day if it help's
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:48   #20
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
i don't get that hole thing the age verify thing. but if you want tho know I'm 17 years old

4 October 1994 my b-day if it help's
Yup! That's perfect. You are underaged and cannot be verified until you are 18. You will not get much info from anyone here because the rules state we cannot and we will not.

My advice, be patient. Read the forums and absorb.

Come October 4th, seek out a verifier and a whole world of airsoft will open to you.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:50   #21
slink182

AV'ing is our (ASC's) equivalent of a PAL - it assures us that the person purchasing a gun is an adult (i.e., 18+) and is legally responsible for his/her actions.

Ontario's laws regarding gun ownership, including paintball and airsoft guns, requires that the purchaser/owner is 18+. If you are currently underaged, then it is technically illegal for you to purchase/own an airsoft gun, or for any of the retailers to sell you a gun.

On the plus side, you are only a few months from that magic threshold, so I would suggest that you just wait to get AV'ed. There are pluses to the waiting: you exhibit to us that you can be patient and mature about the process; you can continue to read up on what is available and how best to set up your equipment; and you can continue to save up for really decent guns/gears. Once you're set up, you'll be in good airsofting company.

Someone here once said that you're only too young for a short while, and too old for the rest of your life.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:12   #22
alteran20

hmm K np. =..( but i both 2 M16 and 1 colt 1911 at Canadian tier and that dint care that i both one i think is cuzz is crappy airsoft that thay sell there lol both my m16 broke on me =..( that y I'm now looking for bather guns lol full metal or non shaty airsoft =)
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:29   #23
slink182

Well, lesson learned. CT/Walmart guns are garbage. You would've been better off throwing your money into a hole in the ground than buying those guns - at least you would've been able to get your money back out of the hole.

And CT could care less - they're not specialized retailers of airsoft.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:35   #24
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Canadian Tire doesn't sell airsoft. They sell softair

Canadian Tire doesn't sell a M16. They do sell M4 clones. The firearm lovers here will tear you up on things like this as well as Mag vs Clip. It pays to learn the difference.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:47   #25
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

you have to be 18 to buy real airsoft guns in ontario. This is why people are telling you to be AVed, you need to prove that you are 18 to the community before they will tell you where you can get the good guns.

The guns at canadian tire and walmart are not airsoft guns, they are clear and are closer to toys in how they are treated by the law. Real airsoft guns, because they are black and full metal are treated as real guns by the police if they see you with one. That's why it's important to be of proper age of maturity to buy one.

Since you're so close to being 18, I would spend the next few months reading up on airsoft so you know what's good quality stuff and what's junk, and what's a good deal, what isn't a good deal. You can also start buying some of the safety equipment... goggles/mask and boots, etc.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:30   #26
alteran20

k =..( but so far I'm already know Watt i want to spend my 2 next pay lol so about 1600$ on gun ammo upgrades and equipment i just hope i can find airsoft Mach around kap if not well i can hunt alvin and the chipmunks lol jk and yea Canadian tier and wall-mart sell junk the only gun that actually was worth buying is a colt 1911 but the safety still broke lol
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:38   #27
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
k =..( but so far I'm already know Watt i want to spend my 2 next pay lol so about 1600$ on gun ammo upgrades and equipment i just hope i can find airsoft Mach around kap if not well i can hunt alvin and the chipmunks lol jk and yea Canadian tier and wall-mart sell junk the only gun that actually was worth buying is a colt 1911 but the safety still broke lol
please do not hunt varmint with airsoft guns!

s'il vous plaƮt ne pas chasser vermine avec des fusils airsoft!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:44   #28
alteran20

ok pas de problime , ok no problem
Old October 2nd, 2012, 22:20   #29
kkelln

Wanting to be a sniper

I dont really know much about airsoft myself, I am just learning (trying to find out if i should buy a C-TAC L96 pro or a C-TAC APS2 pro) but on the note of becoming a sniper. I do know about the CF ( I am assuming you live in Canada) to become a sniper you must join infantry do multiple reconaissance missions and show an apptitude for aim on the range. You will then be eligable to be enrolled in sniper school. So keep practicing, practice your aim and may become a sniper
kkelln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 00:00   #30
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkelln View Post
I dont really know much about airsoft myself, I am just learning (trying to find out if i should buy a C-TAC L96 pro or a C-TAC APS2 pro) but on the note of becoming a sniper. I do know about the CF ( I am assuming you live in Canada) to become a sniper you must join infantry do multiple reconaissance missions and show an apptitude for aim on the range. You will then be eligable to be enrolled in sniper school. So keep practicing, practice your aim and may become a sniper
No... Just no...

If you really wanted to practise your precision shooting you'd get yourself a pellet gun (if not something like an Anschutz target rifle), they're inherently way more accurate especially when you use like 7.9gr (~.50g) match grade pellets and they fire 495 FPS out of the box. If that doesn't do the trick then get a PAL and buy yourself a high powered .22 pellet gun and use 15+gr ammo (~1 gram).
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank