Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I give up need a GBBR

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 5th, 2012, 11:09   #31
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
dude, if you want something reliable, just stick with AEGs. though GBBRs have come a long way, they have a lot more still to improve. until they start to get the tolerances down to where we have with handguns, and improve the engineering behind their designs so these rifles stop self destructing, it's only worth getting into them if you feel the money dumped into them is worth it.
the PTS ACR in an interesting rifle. i see it as the pretty girl you have a crush on all summer, then when you finally get to talk to her, you see she's missing most of here teeth and walk away. i think if PTS had contracted another gearbox manufacturer to design the gearbox for the ACR, it would be an awesome AEG.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:32   #32
BennyBoy

ChiGuns had some random shit at PMall including the mp5 gbbr
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:36   #33
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
I'm looking for hk416 145R or g36KV gbbr mags. Vfc or ones that work. Can't seem to find any in stores that are stocked. Any help locating them would be appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:58   #34
daishi

I'm also consider the kcO2 that viper fish posted about....but again I need to find a store that has these in stock with two extra mags and can bring them down to 350 fps....

What is the process other then valve replacment to lower fps?
Quote:
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
Old June 5th, 2012, 12:15   #35
Viperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
I'm also consider the kcO2 that viper fish posted about....but again I need to find a store that has these in stock with two extra mags and can bring them down to 350 fps....

What is the process other then valve replacment to lower fps?
on a kc02 its a matter of filling it with duster vs propane, drops down the fps without any mods needed, you can also put an m4 npas in it but i haven't felt a need to do that to mine.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 13:20   #36
daishi

Hmmm, well I would still like to find mags or ones that fit for the other two. I can't find any vfc brands that are in stock....I'm not sure if there are other brands that would fit...if anyone knows I would like to hear about that.

**edit**

Vfc g36 mags on ehooby came back in stock.
Would the socom gear m4 mags fit the hk416?
Quote:

Last edited by daishi; June 5th, 2012 at 13:29..
Old June 5th, 2012, 13:23   #37
Viperfish

Mags for the 22 are easy to get, i have 11 of them myself

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 13:39   #38
DaRkCoMmAnDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Yah I was looking at the hk416.
Just to point out, you said you don't want M4's, yet the 416 is strangely similar looking to an M4. Just sayin'
Old June 5th, 2012, 13:44   #39
Aper
E-30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkCoMmAnDo View Post
Just to point out, you said you don't want M4's, yet the 416 is strangely similar looking to an M4. Just sayin'
Dude, you can see a mile ahead that this guy doesn't know what he wants. He just wants attention. The eHobby thread, now this.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 14:46   #40
daishi

I know I don't want m4's. The point of this thread was to find out what gbb rifles are available in Canada that are not WE's. I do not know what I want in Canada because from what I have seen in Canada I do not want.... unfortunately im limited to Canada now. From all the guns I have seen so far only the G36KV, the 02 and the hk416 look good. And since most guns are m4's, there a strong probability that 1 of them is going to look like one. And Aper, please keep the negative opinionated comments to yourself? I'm trying to replace my main gun, and shit went down hill. Im not looking for attention like some highschool camhore, Im looking for peoples opinions on what is available in Canada right now. I dont want a stock m4 or a WE, I know the hk416 looks similar but its got parts that I like and some that I dont...but its acceptable. I need people like viper and rummen and kull to point out guns in Canada so I can look them up to get a feel for what is here. To negatively slander someone as an attention whore, when the person i genuinely looking for help figuring out what gun they want is not very community friendly. Especially to "newer" player like myself.

The only problem I have is mag compatibility and stock for the hk416 and finding a 02 and mags in stock in canada.
Quote:

Last edited by daishi; June 5th, 2012 at 15:12..
Old June 5th, 2012, 15:13   #41
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

If you want an M4 style platform (HK 416 counts) then go with WE or KJW. Numerous people have said this so theres a concensus on what is good and what isn't. If you want a VFC/Umarex 416, go right ahead and deal with even more problems than the WE's give.

My actual advice? Don't rush the process of buying an airsoft gun. You've gone through two guns already and pushed them onto your friend, and you're rushing to get something for next week. Figure out what you REALLY want, do the research, test it out if possible, THEN purchase what you need.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 15:28   #42
daishi

Yah, ive actually got an offer for a kjw m4.

What are the problems with the hk416? Other then there are not alot of after market parts?
Quote:
Old June 5th, 2012, 15:50   #43
Drake
E-01

Get a WE or VFC G36. They're inexpensive, well liked, noob friendly guns with some parts and accessories.

But honestly, based on what you've posted so far, I don't think GBBRs are for you right now.
Old June 5th, 2012, 15:53   #44
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

quick search yields this:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=138987

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...&highlight=vfc

I'm not trying to be hostile with this statement, but please do some more research before asking about why such and such guns are good and bad. I've learned plenty just by sitting back and reading, knowing which companies to go to and which ones to avoid. First hand experience is always good to have, but learning from others goes a long way too.

Last edited by Daiviet; June 5th, 2012 at 15:57..
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 16:43   #45
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
the 416 is pretty much a modified m4.... its no different than having a fully customized M4 with a MUR1 Upper and a DDrail lol, but overall if u want to get a good GBBR thats not an m4 go with the VFC MP5 GBB series
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion