Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Bring your 2 cents.

:

General

Old February 16th, 2012, 19:29   #1
CanucK101

Bring your 2 cents.

I am looking for opinions and reasons for those opinions. I am looking at these two guns,

SOCOM Gear Daniel Defense MK18 9.5 inch
http://www.go4hero.com/socom-gear-da...8-p-17261.html

and the,

VFC SR-16 CQB Carbine.
http://mach1airsoft.com/site/node/836

I will be playing all types of play, ranging from indoor to out in the woods to wherever it's legal. I am probably going to downgrade the gun because I am sure they both shoot hot at about 400+. I really like the DD rail system and it's popular also the KX3 Flash Amplifier. But something about the SR-16 is making me like it lol. Let me know your thoughts.
CanucK101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 19:35   #2
Jcotter

Are licensed trades important too you? If so get the MK-18 if not, go with the SR-16.
Old February 16th, 2012, 19:43   #3
CanucK101

Well, No, to be completely honest. If the sr-16 is really that much better then that's the gun. I thought the Daniel Defense rail was like top of the line and I don't know what the SR-16 has, maybe the URX type rail? And why the SR-16 is the internals better? I thought they were both VFC internals?
Old February 16th, 2012, 19:48   #4
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucK101 View Post
Well, No, to be completely honest. If the sr-16 is really that much better then that's the gun. I thought the Daniel Defense rail was like top of the line and I don't know what the SR-16 has, maybe the URX type rail? And why the SR-16 is the internals better? I thought they were both VFC internals?
you do realize you are not getting an ACTUAL REAL DANIEL DEFENSE rail right?
it is just a clone with trade marks...
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 20:05   #5
CanucK101

Lol obviously it's not made by Daniel Defense (Manufacturing) but it's done by VFC who is very exceptional in cloning parts and guns. It's a clone for a reason, maybe not the same dimensions to fit an actual gun but it's close. But then again the SR-16 is probably the same rail just without the DD trademark. Just let me know what you would get and why.
Old February 16th, 2012, 20:14   #6
Jcotter

The socom gear has VFC internals and madbull externals. (Maybe VFC makes madbulls externals, I don't know.)

Last edited by Jcotter; February 16th, 2012 at 20:16..
Jcotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 20:28   #7
CanucK101

Either way the gun looks flawless. It seems like this choice comes down to which gun you like better lol. I was curious why one was 585.95 and the sr-16 is 610.00. Must just be the little things they give you like Unique Serial Number, Flip up sights, and that it's ambidextrous. Serial number is pretty sweet to know it's your gun, Flip up sights does not matter to me and I am a right shooter so ambidextrous features don't phase me.
Old February 16th, 2012, 20:41   #8
MaciekA

You are correct, it comes down to which one you like better and suits your planned loudout better. These are going to both be very similar in terms of gearbox internals and quality of construction. In both cases, you've got all-Taiwan-made AEGs which very likely have the same gearbox and motor, and the differences are mostly just dressing.

I personally recommend the SR-16, we're only talking about a lunch or two worth of dollar cost between the two and it is quite nice.

If you're in the GTA, you can pick the SR16 in person and make a personal connection with the guys at Mach1, who are FAR more likely to give you friendly helping hand with this gun than the guys at Hero, who have a rather bad reputation on this forum and do not specialize in airsoft. Go with the SR

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 21:06   #9
CanucK101

That's an insightful post right there. Interesting on the comments you made about Hero mainly because I had no idea. And that's my plan, I'll go to mach1 and probably be picking up the gun in person, me and my friend probably will be going together and getting each one of us a gun, of course will be trying to bargain a deal out because it's quite a bit of money.
Old February 16th, 2012, 21:30   #10
ViR

Here are my 2 cents, but the one on the right I had to borrow from a friend.

I'd go for SR-16.. If anything because you can see it in person and quality control should still be better at VFC than Socom..
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 23:23   #11
horto

Socom gear vs VFC? Same comments as per http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=136187

Both are good.

EDIT: Wait, you're the same kid from both threads. Go get A/V'd and stop wasting our time with multiple threads on the same topic.

Last edited by horto; February 16th, 2012 at 23:49..
horto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:46   #12
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Oh ya dearlord stay away from heroarmysurplus. Buy from Mach1. But one a better note. Your best bet it to get Age Verified where you can pick up that same rifle cheaper.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General