Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

eBay bans the sale of military goods to international buyers

:

General

Old November 19th, 2011, 00:56   #16
cadpat_tact

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRN View Post
WTF are you doing selling Uranium ore on Ebay?
LOL, my thoughts exactly after I read Hades' post.
cadpat_tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:04   #17
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
In all seriousness though, I'm one of those hardcore science nerds and one of my many interests is geology so I've been collecting mineral specimens all my life. For a few years I went through a phase where I collected radioactive minerals and amassed quite a collection. I spent weekends digging through the tailings of the old uranium mines in Bancroft, Ont (interesting enough the same locale where much of the uranium used in the Manhattan Project was mined). I kind of regret selling some pieces seeing they were pretty much rare and irreplaceable. I even had a sample of ore from the former USSR from the same locale that they mined the uranium for their first atomic bomb tests as well. I still have about 10 kilos of pitchblende sitting in a box buried somewhere in the basement.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:06   #18
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

It's been common knowledge for the last few years that the U.S. Government has tried to stop the sale of current issue military gear internationally. That's why a lot of supplier companies such as Crye won't ship out of country. However in ebay's case they wont really be capable of keeping track of an exact list. That's why it appears they have a broader range every year of what they won't sell. As for things like irradiated material; well, I guess international sanctions coupled with the whole "we don't want to be responsible attitude".

I've bought gear that was in combat, and current issue stuff. I don't think the left knows what the right is doing. Or the American government is putting the squeeze on. Who knows.
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:11   #19
disasterarea

Man, if I wasn't broke, I'd be all over that Trinity glass. It'd go great with the other weird shit I keep around here.
disasterarea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:11   #20
ToRN

Send a message via AIM to ToRN Send a message via MSN to ToRN Send a message via Skype™ to ToRN
Hades, that's a great inventory control system. whenever you need to find that important piece of paperwork or something, whip out the Geiger counter.
Give your head a shake, man. You don't jump out of a shaky car so you can ride in one that's on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
I also noticed for the first time that Bod sounds a lot like Jango Fett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I like the part where he got banned.
ToRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 03:45   #21
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
Yeah I've had that happen with ESS goggles before but if you check another pair you may be able to purchase them but not others for whatever reason. Your buying ballistic goggles not a .50 cal or something illegal it's stupid.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 04:16   #22
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
When the hell did this happen? I bought my ABU trousers off of eBay last month, and I've been buying other airsoft gear on there for about a year now. Are you using eBay.com, or eBay.ca? There's a difference between the two.
PaddMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:30   #23
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Hades you're retarded man.

But it's not your fault. You've got brain melting rocks sitting in your house.

(that is kinda cool though)
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:51   #24
tylamarre
Should not be around animals without adult supervision

You can find lots of military gear on ebay under the mens clothing section or collectibles. And as someone posted before, you can always just contact the seller. Its got nothing to do with crye or other companies, just ebays policy. also, make sure you ship usps, because ups has weird policies too.
tylamarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 11:03   #25
ToRN

Send a message via AIM to ToRN Send a message via MSN to ToRN Send a message via Skype™ to ToRN
not just import policies, they also charge extraordinary 'brokerage' fees on everything coming across the border.
Give your head a shake, man. You don't jump out of a shaky car so you can ride in one that's on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
I also noticed for the first time that Bod sounds a lot like Jango Fett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I like the part where he got banned.
ToRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 11:07   #26
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Craigslist was too sketchy
LMFAO I nearly choked on my toothbrush...Yes I was brushing my teeth. My friends have had eBay rejections for holsters before :S
Old November 19th, 2011, 11:08   #27
Scouser

ebay bans for stupid things are pretty annoying, but meh its their site i suppose they can do what they want

some of the things said in this thread...

omg should have a warning on this thread, dont drink hot beverages while reading

the craiglist comment made coffee come out my nose, hurt like hell
Old November 19th, 2011, 12:20   #28
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Hades you're retarded man.

But it's not your fault. You've got brain melting rocks sitting in your house.

(that is kinda cool though)
And high powered lasers, precision astronomical equipment, bits of rock from outer space, some dinosaur shit, teeth from a shark that would make a great white look like a goldfish, ash from several different volcanic eruptions...

I do regret selling the geiger counter though too. Should get another one later on, they're fun to play with. You'd be shit surprised at some of the stuff laying around your house that emits radiation. Hell, even bananas are radioactive.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 18:27   #29
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Everything is radioactive, no?
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 19:00   #30
Juke16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Everything is radioactive, no?
AFAIK, everything "decays' and releases radiation but to say something is radioactive means that it has to be decaying at least 3-4 times faster than background radiation. Background radiation is basically the radiation being let off by everything decaying, so if you've got say, 40 counts of background radiation over a period of 120 seconds and element A has maybe, idk, 100K counts of radiation, then that's radioactive. Of course, the counts really have nothing to do with the risks associated with the element, the geiger counter could be beeping faster than a GAU12 shoots and the danger level could still be pretty low.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General