Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Crye kneepads pants modification

:

Gear Discussion

Old August 30th, 2010, 15:38   #16
Dr. No

Conker-

Do the knee pads move around at all? I was thinking of doing something similar, but at 6'1" and 150 lbs my 5.11s fit pretty loosely. Do you think it would be possible to integrate some sort of velcro tightening system like on the crye pants?
Dr. No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 20:44   #17
Conker

You'd need some more work, but sure it would be possible. The hardest part would be to find the correct color to match your pants.

Personally they do move a bit, but in a good way: it makes them non-restrictive for my movements, which is the biggest advantage such integrated kneepads have. Mine are the perfect size so I did not have that kind of problems.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:59   #18
Cortex
Has a life outside Airsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
Conker-

Do the knee pads move around at all? I was thinking of doing something similar, but at 6'1" and 150 lbs my 5.11s fit pretty loosely. Do you think it would be possible to integrate some sort of velcro tightening system like on the crye pants?
Helpful bump.

Velcro tightening system would be easy, do it like the Gen 2/3 Crye pants. Just a rectangular piece of loop-side Velcro placed horizontally on the back of the knee area, and a loop-side flap stitched in vertically on the side. That will allow you to quickly adjust the tightness of the pad to your knee.
Old November 9th, 2010, 13:17   #19
Conker

Picture in action during a day bushwacking. It's the same pants as the first page, which I've gamed twice, used on hikes about 5-6 times (bushwaking... not in sissy trails ) and various outdoor work 3 times. Approximately^^
It's holding up good and still very comfortable!

With my leg perfectly vertical, the pads are slighly lower than my knee. As soon as I bend my leg, they are pulled up and get aligned with my knee, so they do their job when my knees are on the ground or otherwise more "exposed to bad things"^^

For those too lazy to do the mod themselves yet still think that Crye's 170$ asking price is quite... err, a lot, Emerson (Chinese tac gear) has come up with a replica which is on sale at Airsoftpark, EBairsoft, Shootercbgear and probably a bunch of other asian shops for a more reasonable price (40-60$).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1205e.jpg (943.6 KB, 174 views)
Old May 30th, 2011, 20:48   #20
Gui

Very cool mod! I've done mine today. Just need to put a velcro strap on the back of the pants. It will tight the pad around the knee so it doesn't move when your running

Gui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 23:16   #21
Conker

Glad I could help!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion