Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Help! Double Feeding Problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 27th, 2010, 16:00   #16
sebdark

I removed the hop up madbull and changed it with orignal and it work without any problem (100+ bb fired without problem).

Old December 27th, 2010, 19:10   #17
iKliiu

Ok update, right now it feeds properly, but spits 1 extra BB out after every shot, on both semi and full auto. What can explain that?
iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 19:49   #18
iKliiu

So right now I got a 1 piece hop up unit made by dream army, however it still double feeds. I tried 3 different buckings and nothin has changed. I'm pretty sure that the hop up unit is fine, so what other explantions can there for this?
Old January 12th, 2011, 19:56   #19
HKGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKliiu View Post
So right now I got a 1 piece hop up unit made by dream army, however it still double feeds. I tried 3 different buckings and nothin has changed. I'm pretty sure that the hop up unit is fine, so what other explantions can there for this?
The spring that pulls the tappet plate back could be stretched or weaken and causing the double feed. Instead of snapping forward to allow 1 bb to be loaded, it's staying back longer and allowing 2 bbs to be load. Just a theory but look into that.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 22:07   #20
iKliiu

I replaced the spring with an extra spring lying around, as well as the tappet plate. It still double feeds though, except on only of semi. Sometimes, on semi, it would shoot then a BB would roll out.
Old January 13th, 2011, 22:25   #21
audi_bhoy

Do you hear strange sounds coming out of the gearbox, like the gears would spin reverse? If the anti-reversal latch is broken or the spring is too soft, it might cause the gears to back off, then resetting the tappet plate into the hop up, pushing a BB.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 21:47   #22
iKliiu

Could that be the only reason? I'm pretty sure my anti-reversal latch is working fine.
Old January 14th, 2011, 21:52   #23
HKGhost

you might have an over spin issue. What battery are you using? Spring? Motor (high torque or high speed)?

Old January 14th, 2011, 23:11   #24
iKliiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKGhost View Post
you might have an over spin issue. What battery are you using? Spring? Motor (high torque or high speed)?
I am using a 25C 7.4V LiPo, a roughly M100 spring and a stock motor.
Old January 14th, 2011, 23:36   #25
HKGhost

the cause of your problem could be that your battery is causing the motor to spin 1.5-2x. So your first shot is normal but the motor continue to spin loading another bb, but it just rolls out of your barrel. Use a lower power battery or get a high torque motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKliiu View Post
I am using a 25C 7.4V LiPo, a roughly M100 spring and a stock motor.

Old January 15th, 2011, 10:51   #26
iKliiu

Ok, I've been messing around with different combinations of hop up rubbers and nubs to see what they would do to the double feeding. Most of them still make the gun shoot 2 bbs. I think that the bb rolling out was just a fluke.
Old January 15th, 2011, 12:58   #27
zone 69

What kind & brand of mags are you useing.

I seen some hi-cap mags that made the gun double feed do to the hi-cap spring being to strong when wound up all the way.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 13:30   #28
iKliiu

I am currently using a hicap, made by AIM (I think).
Old January 16th, 2011, 06:28   #29
Sha Do

WOW, crazy issue. Over the years I have noticed the following;

- a double feeding issue is usually caused by an incorrectly adjusted hop up OR the nozzel is worn/cracked and needs to be replaced (however, any accumiliation of crap infront of the tappet plate within the mech box will have the same effect).
It is also possible that the wrong type of nozzel/hop up is being used. I have found this issue to be common with many DBoyz and JG AEGs, where in some has switched out (up graded) the nozzel with one that actually snags up on the inside if the hop up (the same can happen it you swap out the hop up unit itself but not the nozzel). This issue is always accompanied by a huge fps loss.....common in the JG G36. If the nozzel is too short, it is not only not sealing with the bucking, but can allow multiple BBs into the hop up which will result in double feeds.
A worn tappet plate usually results in miss/non feed issues (as the nozzel is not being cycled back far enough to clear a BB). But a very badly stretched tappet plate return spring could indeed cause double feeds.

In the case of using high voltage batteries, if the double feed is not consistant, but only occures at the end of the cycle, I may be inclined to believe that it may be an "over spin"issue (only considering that he is using an M100 spring). But again, I can only see this being a problem caused by an improperly set hop up.........the typical issue with LiPo battery users is mis feeds, not double feeds.
*Using an M100 spring may eventually cause your LiPo set up to self destruct. Do some research on pistons getting stripped by LiPo batteries when using low fps springs. Something about the piston not getting back to zero position in time for the next cycle.

- when using any combination of MADBULL barrel or hop up units one must be careful to match the bucking to mate properly. A MADBULL barrel not only has a smaller ID (inner diameter), but also has a smaller OD (outter diameter) than a standard TN (tight, narrow or "tight bore) barrel. When using a MADBULL barrel (regardless of the type of hop up unit) always use a MADBULL hop up bucking, or you'll suffer air seal issues at the hop up.
I am unsure what the issue is with using a MADBULL hop up with other brands of barrels as I never utilize the MADBULL hop up units.

- low quality mags would cause mis feeding, not double feeds....unless they have wicked spring pressure.

SHA DO

Last edited by Sha Do; January 16th, 2011 at 07:00..
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 13:37   #30
iKliiu

I recently drained the battery's power, then charged it for a little bit to simulate lower battery power. What I found was that it feeds flawlessly, so it might be an overspin issue. What can I do to fix this; I'd like to keep running my 7.4V LiPo.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner