Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

black guns

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 25th, 2010, 05:57   #1
duggie

Location: England at the moment will be moving to canada this year
black guns

hey guys im moving to canada this year and i just love airsoft, but im confused about black guns because so many people are telling me different things. so what is the law regarding black guns and i there any way i can get a black gun with out having a replica firearms licsence or what ever it is, or an importing licsence. by black gun i mean realisticly coloured .
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:03   #2
spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
hey guys im moving to canada this year and i just love airsoft, but im confused about black guns because so many people are telling me different things. so what is the law regarding black guns and i there any way i can get a black gun with out having a replica firearms licsence or what ever it is, or an importing licsence. by black gun i mean realisticly coloured .
You can't import black guns at all. If you have black guns in England, you're going to have to sell them before you move to Canada. I;d recommend getting AV'd as soon as possible when you move to Canada. Getting AV status will give you a large variety of airsoft to choose from. Of course prices here will be a ~200% more than its original price. There are some airsoft guns here that are legal and are cheaper.
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:43   #3
duggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
You can't import black guns at all. If you have black guns in England, you're going to have to sell them before you move to Canada. I;d recommend getting AV'd as soon as possible when you move to Canada. Getting AV status will give you a large variety of airsoft to choose from. Of course prices here will be a ~200% more than its original price. There are some airsoft guns here that are legal and are cheaper.
i know ill have to sell my guns in the u.k... but i want to know if there is anyway i can get a black pistol from america, ( kwa m9 ptp gbb), i was thinking if i get it sent to my mate in florida he dissassembles it and sends the paarts to me one at a time.... i dont know if that will work and maby you might know?
anyway there are some cool mp5s on buyairsoft.ca and some of them are full metal and full black.... so i was wondering what will i have to do or what will i need to buy that gun.... heres a link for it https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/ele...ack-metal.html
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:57   #4
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
i know ill have to sell my guns in the u.k... but i want to know if there is anyway i can get a black pistol from america, ( kwa m9 ptp gbb), i was thinking if i get it sent to my mate in florida he dissassembles it and sends the paarts to me one at a time.... i dont know if that will work and maby you might know?
anyway there are some cool mp5s on buyairsoft.ca and some of them are full metal and full black.... so i was wondering what will i have to do or what will i need to buy that gun.... heres a link for it https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/ele...ack-metal.html
you cannot import any airsoft guns from outside canada
i'm assuming your at least 18? correct.
get age verified by a member of this website with the "age verifier" tag from the area you will be in (see list here) once verified you will have access to the retailers and classifieds of this site, as well as other memebers will be able to provide you with purchasing information.
right now we cannot help you in the purchase of a airsoft gun as per site rules.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 07:14   #5
duggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
you cannot import any airsoft guns from outside canada
i'm assuming your at least 18? correct.
get age verified by a member of this website with the "age verifier" tag from the area you will be in (see list here) once verified you will have access to the retailers and classifieds of this site, as well as other memebers will be able to provide you with purchasing information.
right now we cannot help you in the purchase of a airsoft gun as per site rules.
ok im not in canada currently, so ill get verified when im back over
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:33   #6
L473ncy

Where are you right now? I'm in Kent at the moment so if you're in the area give me a holler and I can probably do a sit down and chat about airsofting in Canada.
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:58   #7
duggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Where are you right now? I'm in Kent at the moment so if you're in the area give me a holler and I can probably do a sit down and chat about airsofting in Canada.
im not actualy in england im in wales , its just its easier to say england cus canadians might not know of wales... so i dont think we could do that mate but i really apprieciate the offer
Old October 25th, 2010, 09:04   #8
L473ncy

We know where Wales is, remember we're a former British colony. In fact my high schools name was named after the Prince of Wales and my High School English teacher was from Wales as well. (although a lot of people, usually the Asian immigrants think it's Whales and not Wales without the "h").

Anyway it still stands, if you want I could talk to you via MSN since at least we're in the same time zone. Just PM me or something.

PS: I suspect you're probably over 18 since you'd be subject to UKARA anyways and couldn't actually get an RIF ("Black gun") legally without being 18+ and playing 3 games over 2+ months.
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:19   #9
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Canada may not have been able to get the same deal as the UK with UKARA but the sytem that exists for us works for the most part.

With this websites age verification you will be able to acquire pretty much anything your eye fancies.

A quick comparison of prices from your retailers to our retailers reveals that after conversion of GBP to CAD youre looking at around the same price mark for many brands of AEGS.

For example a classic army armalite maybe around an average of 320GBP on your side. Similarly at a current exchange rate of 1.00 GBP = 1.60557 CAD, youre looking at about 513ish over where, which is pretty close to regular price.

Unfortunately pistols are a little bit more expensive on our side than yours, in some instances even doubling whatever you would pay over there.

Enjoy your trip to Canada.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 18:49   #10
Iceman20014

Check this out

I have been looking at all possible way of getting myself a 1911 airsoft pistol- not the transparent crap but the nice tokyo marui hi-capa 5.1 full metal, or the 1911 co2 model, the ones that look like the real thing, only red nose cap (which I will chuck as soon as I get it). For Canada...
Unfortunately, The laws say: the airsoft guns must have a transparent part and a red nose cap.- That means you have a choice of about 22 guns (gas blowback) incuding pistols and rifles. And only one choice in suppliers :

www.canadianairgunsupply.com

From Alberta.

OR -

You can take a chance and order one from USA, but here is what might happen:

1- Your guns gets thru customs, all is fine until a cop catches you with a ''replica'' pistol (or rifle) and it's bye bye birdie! - you risk 5 years prison time. Not very likely , but still....

2- The Canadian customs will keep your new toy and you loose your cash.

3- The customs guys keep your gun and decide you are trying to pass contraband - You can get LIFE IN PRISON. (see references on Canadian ministery govt site :

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5044-eng.html

So, basically my government needs to get its head out of its .... and make some new regulations on airsoft products.

And finally, yes you can get any gun you want in Canada, if you know the right people... or if you are willing to risk a quick in and out across the border.

For me, I have been looking at this problem for a few weeks, I'm from Montreal-Quebec, and it looks like my only LEGAL choice is to buy from CAS (referenced earlier) or stick with my real pistols.

Iceman
Iceman20014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 20:11   #11
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman20014 View Post
The laws say: the airsoft guns must have a transparent part and a red nose cap.

The above post contains a massive wad of misinformation, Im sorry to say Iceman but youre really really out in left field on some of the things you think are the "law". I believe youngsters would say "WTF have you been smoking?"

Allow me to clarify.

It is not illegal to own an airsoft gun in Canada, not even if that gun is not opaque. It is not illegal to own a non red tipped non opaque receivered airsoft gun.

The only time an opaque receiver matters is when its coming from outside of Canada. Since Canada customs considers airsoft guns to be replica firearms, a clear receiver is one way to attempt to circumvent that.

I have absolutely no idea where you pulled your facts from but you have definitely misinterpreted a lot of the information, either that or your source is just down right wrong.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:14   #12
L473ncy

First, criminal charges does not equate to life in prison. It may equate to fines and probation or some jail time but not life in prison.

You don't need a red tip or clear body at all. How else can we get PTW's, and other high quality "black guns" in our hands? The red tip is a US law ONLY! Not Canadian, however it has been confused for a Canadian one because we import a lot of those cap guns either from the US or from the same factories in China. It's easier to put a blanket "red tip for North America" than to separate your manufacturing processes. As for the clear body that's a slightly easier way to get stuff into Canada but it still depends on how the CBSA agent is feeling that day. They have their own internal policies as to what gets in and what doesn't.
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:33   #13
Darklen
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman20014 View Post
The laws say: the airsoft guns must have a transparent part and a red nose cap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
The above post contains a massive wad of misinformation, Im sorry to say Iceman but youre really really out in left field on some of the things you think are the "law". I believe youngsters would say "WTF have you been smoking?"

Allow me to clarify.

It is not illegal to own an airsoft gun in Canada, not even if that gun is not opaque. It is not illegal to own a non red tipped non opaque receivered airsoft gun.

The only time an opaque receiver matters is when its coming from outside of Canada. Since Canada customs considers airsoft guns to be replica firearms, a clear receiver is one way to attempt to circumvent that.

I have absolutely no idea where you pulled your facts from but you have definitely misinterpreted a lot of the information, either that or your source is just down right wrong.
Especially odd since he/she just registered on ASC Oct.25, the day of this post. Me thinks me smells a troll. :flame:

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion