Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Issues With SRC G36...

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 24th, 2010, 14:21   #16
Kos-Mos

If you decide to take the gun appart, be VERY carefull. If the mechbox is jammed, the piston will most likely be full back and the spring fully compressed.

That means that if you don't put a screw driver into the spring guide or don't hold it properly, it will fly out... that can and probably will cause damage.

If I where you, I would get a large 9.6v battery (something like 3000mAh or above), and cycle the gun once on semi. Press the trigger and if the gun does not shoot right away, release the trigger RIGHT NOW.

If that does not do the job, the latch won't do either, and you should open the mechbox and try to fix it or bring it to a gundoc.

SRC gears have a brass shaft... they tend to break randomly under load. If your's broke, the gear getting out of alignment can and will cause a major jam. If your gun is still under waranty, check with the seller. If not, get some Modify gears, with the 8mm bushing adapters. Easy to install and they last forever...
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 17:55   #17
Michael__5

Alright, thanks for the info, I don't think I have a large battery that is like 3000 mah, and to avoid buying one, are there any that may be used around the house that I could hook up to my gun?

If not, please point me to a good deal on a battery that would do the trick (I don't need a good quality one for like 2.2s of work!)

Thanks!

Last edited by Michael__5; May 24th, 2010 at 18:07..
Michael__5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 20:39   #18
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
If that does not do the job, the latch won't do either,
????

How do you figure? If the mechbox is jammed, tripping the latch is a better way of unwinding it than forcing MORE power through it.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 12:42   #19
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
????

How do you figure? If the mechbox is jammed, tripping the latch is a better way of unwinding it than forcing MORE power through it.
If the motor cannot spin the gears, the latch will do jack except maybe removing the part that prevents the spring from stripping the gears clean. The motor in a mechbox barely puts 10lb of force on the piston... and pistons strip/break when they are rammed against the gears, at the very start of the cycle... not at the end when pulled by a weak battery.

Last edited by Kos-Mos; May 25th, 2010 at 12:45..
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner