Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 2nd, 2010, 09:24   #436
TechSeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsbody View Post
So, we're at the Sportsman show in TO and I say "ooo, look! Pretty gun." and my wife says "Do you want the pretty gun?" and I say "Yes, please." So she says "I will get it for you on one condition." and I say "what's that?" and she says " That you go out and play with it on a regular basis. No sitting around at home admiring it. You have to go out and find people to play with."
That's right!
I have the perfect wife. And that's why I'm here.
It's not the only reason but it's the one that makes all others possible.
**coughyou'vebeensetupcough**

Massive shoe and clothing purchase iminent!

North Trail Sports - Mora, Motorola, Puxing, Fogtech & More! / Our ASC Retail Thread
TechSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:32   #437
DanoftheDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsbody
So, we're at the Sportsman show in TO and I say "ooo, look! Pretty gun." and my wife says "Do you want the pretty gun?" and I say "Yes, please." So she says "I will get it for you on one condition." and I say "what's that?" and she says " That you go out and play with it on a regular basis. No sitting around at home admiring it. You have to go out and find people to play with."
That's right!
I have the perfect wife. And that's why I'm here.
It's not the only reason but it's the one that makes all others possible.

Much the Same here, My wife just pitched in to get me a RS Type 56 and now she wants to get me some mags for it and new boots. I love my woman, every guy should be as lucky as me and Dogsbody here. I can't wait to game this gun!
DanoftheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 15:54   #438
mmelo

Hi from Victoria

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post a quick intro from a new member.

I have played paintball on and off for some time. Haven't played in several years, typical story, house, job, kids, etc...

Have been interested in getting back into it but never found the right atmosphere to play in. Most games tend to be free for all shooting matches.

My greatest enjoyment has been through team based games whether they where MILSIM or otherwise. Playing in a team to cooperatively win a scenario is where its at for me.

I get the impression that airsoft may offer this type of game play more readily than paintball. I'm also gettin old and frankly the up keep and cleaning required after a paintball venture is not as appealing to me.

I'm not really a military buff and I would decribe myself as left of centre. I appreciate the cool weaponary and gear and the "experience" of playing MILSIM/SWAT etc. scenarios.

Look forward to learning more about the sport and hopefully connecting with some local Victorian's!

Cheers,

Michael
mmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 16:03   #439
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmelo View Post
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post a quick intro from a new member.

I have played paintball on and off for some time. Haven't played in several years, typical story, house, job, kids, etc...

Have been interested in getting back into it but never found the right atmosphere to play in. Most games tend to be free for all shooting matches.

My greatest enjoyment has been through team based games whether they where MILSIM or otherwise. Playing in a team to cooperatively win a scenario is where its at for me.

I get the impression that airsoft may offer this type of game play more readily than paintball. I'm also gettin old and frankly the up keep and cleaning required after a paintball venture is not as appealing to me.

I'm not really a military buff and I would decribe myself as left of centre. I appreciate the cool weaponary and gear and the "experience" of playing MILSIM/SWAT etc. scenarios.

Look forward to learning more about the sport and hopefully connecting with some local Victorian's!

Cheers,

Michael
Welcome to airsoft canada!

We are a great bunch, I suggest you check out the games section and find a local game in your area. We ask that our members get age verified (doesn't getting carded make you feel young again) so as to prevent our sport from falling into underaged hands. But while at the game you can get a great idea as to the dynamics of airsoft and the various AEG's and "guns" we use in the sport.

Also checkout the faq's, they are quiet helpful and answer most of the usual questions.

Cheers and welcome to ASC.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 16:08   #440
mills0

Welcome to ASC.

First thing I would recommend.
Get Age Verified, This will allow you acess to the Classifieds, AV'ed Retailers, and Age of Majority threads.

Next check out your local area, see what people are using, and just get your feet wet before you leap right in.

Finally... I would not reccomend a Sniper Rifle as a starting wepon, AEGs all the way.
mills0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 16:15   #441
mmelo

Thanks for the welcome...

Thanks guys, for the welcome and for ignoring the fact that I didn't originally post my intro in this thread

I do have a message in with hondatech and look forward to meeting him soon to get AV'd.

Lots of new terminology in the Airsoft world, particularly with respect to equipment.

Thanks for the tip on the sniper rifle, I get the very clear impression that thats not a good first choice!

Cheers,

M
mmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 13:37   #442
Castle
a.k.a. JLiu

[insert generic introduction post here]

Hi, I'm member #50005 (if only I had registered 5 people earlier). I've been lurking the last couple of days and having a good time reading all the posts. I live in Toronto and have played paintball for quite a few years, but I've always wanted something a little more realistic. So here I am. Recently bought a KJW G23 GBB and love it. Huge fan of gas blowback guns 'cause of the sound they make and how similar they are to the real thing. Really like Glocks, M4s, G36s, and MP5s for the SMG (I was always a cop in elementary school cops and robbers games).

Planning on being at FR this upcoming Sunday to hopefully get AV'd and meet some people. Just gonna sit around with my books and soak in the atmosphere this time though since I've got two exams the next day.

Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:25   #443
Marvel

Hello, im marvel i play with the windsor airsoft members and and related to a up n' coming retailer. look forward to seeing many of you on the feild in the future.
Old April 20th, 2010, 17:54   #444
Josh G

Send a message via AIM to Josh G Send a message via MSN to Josh G Send a message via Yahoo to Josh G
Hello ASC

Hello guys and gals,

My name is Josh Gillis, I'm moving back to canada after spending 9.5 years in north carolina. I played Airsoft down here and had a JGM4A1 until the hop up decided it was gonna fall out of the gun *grumbles*. I currently just have a couple springers laying around and really don't use them much except if i want to have fun in the neighboorhood down here in carolina. I have been airsoft about 4 to 5 years, i did a lot of backyard stuff but we ran it a lot like the NCAO rules NCAO is North Carolina Airsofting Organization. I am not part of a team but i am looking for people to run with, my primary role down here till i pulled my ankle last year was fast attack and recon. I ran with a team called 1st NC, they were originally called CRASH then the team split up due to internal reasons that they didn't release to the public.

I am moving to Millbrook, Ontario to get a job and go to college but i want to get back into airsoft i have my eyes set on a gun, so i have an idea of what i want to get. Question is am i going to be able to afford it, it's a 400 dollar gun but after the year and a half performance of the JG M4A1 i want a better gun than that.

But if ya'll have any questions feel free to ask them.

Thanks

Josh Gillis.
Josh G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 15:10   #445
Juke16

Hey everyone,
I'm 14 and I found out about airsoft years ago from a TVB series (only Chinese/people from Hong Kong will know what TVB is) and have been reading the conferences for at least a year now. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Wildcard went to the same highschool I'm in now (SAC). I'm from Richmond Hill and also do cadets.

In closing, I have been reading these forums for about a year now and want to come and see a game.

Thanks
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 02:45   #446
they7692

Hello. I am they7692. I am a US airsofter. I came here because of your WE/WETTI M4/SCAR-L thread.

I'm 17, turning 18 in a few months. I've also been playing airsoft for six years as of next month. I currently have a VFC M4ES Tactical, but I've had tons of guns before that (mostly JG's and Cyma's, one Echo 1, and various sporting good store spring guns). Once I replace the barrel assembly on my M4, I plan on buying and decking out a WETTI SCAR-L, then I'll buy and stabilize a WE M1911, and finally, build a KJW M700 with an HPA rig. Then I can finally say "I have every gun I will ever need for any airsoft scenario" and can die in peace.

I go by the same name here as I do on Airsoft-Barracks, AirsoftForum, Arnie's Airsoft... pretty much any major airsoft forum around, I am probably on.

Thanks.
they7692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 20:35   #447
br0k3nsa1nt

Well, here goes nuthin. I'm 25, I haven't been in airsoft too long, but I played paintball previously, so the tactics are there, but not some of the knowhow. I hope to be playing for years and years to come and It's good to know I've got lots of people to ask stupid questions of...lol
br0k3nsa1nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:52   #448
Ghandi

Looking for AV'er in Ottawa

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am looking to get AV'ed. I live in Ottawa – please let me know if this is possible.

Cheers
Ghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 16:00   #449
Fenris

Hey everyone!

My name is Mathieu, I,m 24 yold and I live in Quebec city. I'm new to airsoft and I can't wait to start.

see ya on the field!
Fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 23:37   #450
Perky

Intro of a Noob

Hello My name is Cory Perkins Perky for short i am 24 years old and just getting into airsoft havn't bought a gun yet looking to see wich one i want. Hope to have lots of fun with this.
Perky is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank