Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G GR16 Delta Ring

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 3rd, 2009, 00:21   #16
McNea

i have same one did you get the front sight off?
McNea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:06   #17
flack

+1

The front sight is molded with the front end of the barrel, its a one piece, you need to remove it if you want to remove the gas tube!
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:16   #18
McNea

ah, so yo have to get a whole new outer barrel with out the front sight to have it removed?
McNea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 21:39   #19
flack

yup exactly! I was soo pissed when I noticed that after the purchase lol

EDIT: I think I misunderstood the question, you dont need a new barrel to remove it, you need to diassemble the outerbarrel with the sight.

Last edited by flack; September 3rd, 2009 at 22:18..
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 22:01   #20
IceTray
Majestic Mornings rocking it like a Queen

Piglet, the gun is primarily the same as the standard GR16, there isn't anymore plastic than the usual version.

As for the front sight, it didn't make much of a difference, its removable with the front barrel. The buffer tube needs to be pushed into the receiver (requires force) and after doing so the ring infront of your front sight will be able to spin, you can then remove the small allen head screws, which will remove the front set. From there, dissassemble the delta ring.
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:35   #21
Blitzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex View Post
You must have to take the front sight off in order to remove the fake gas tube..No?
Well, with my G&G GR16A3, M16A3 Rather, the gas tube came off quite easily, but i dont know if it would be the same as the Blowback version.

Anyways, i just split the gearbox, lower receiver and stock from the top receiver and front set by pushing that pin out. Then i removed the barrel and hopup assembly from the outer barrel. Then removed the top and bottom hand guards. I then gently, but forcefully, pushed the gas tube back into the upper receiver of the gun, when you do this it will be pushed into the upper receiver through the hole in the front. You should be able to see it when looking into the upper receiver from the bottom. It should then slide out of the hole in the front sight set and Tri-ring. With that was enough room to pull out the gas tube forward from the upper receiver.

Hope that helped.
Blitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner