Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New Velocity Arms Rifles

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 24th, 2009, 22:02   #31
drives

Sorry if this is a noob question, but why it is a Canadian company can legally import and sell a full black metal Beretta M92 almost indistinguishable in looks and weight from the real thing and shoots dangerous 4.5mm metal BBs that can severely injure someone but it is illegal for that same company to import and sell an airsoft version with an orange tip on the barrel that shoots a safer 6mm plastic BB?

Airgun version : http://www.dlairgun.com/Beretta.html

Airsoft version : http://www.pyramydair.com/p/beretta-...t-pistol.shtml
drives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 22:12   #32
NoGear
likes being humiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by drives View Post
Sorry if this is a noob question, but why it is a Canadian company can legally import and sell a full black metal Beretta M92 almost indistinguishable in looks and weight from the real thing and shoots dangerous 4.5mm metal BBs that can severely injure someone but it is illegal for that same company to import and sell an airsoft version with an orange tip on the barrel that shoots a safer 6mm plastic BB?

Airgun version : http://www.dlairgun.com/Beretta.html

Airsoft version : http://www.pyramydair.com/p/beretta-...t-pistol.shtml

cause its a replica still
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 22:12   #33
Strelok

Uh, Dude. Pyramidair is 'american'.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 01:53   #34
drives

My point is that DLAirgun is a Canadian company that can LEGALLY sell a realistic replica of a Beretta that is potentially lethal and yet they can't sell a safer airsoft version of the gun (metal or plastic) unless it has clear parts on it. The Pyramidair example was just to show contrast that a cheap low powered springer like that couldn't be sold here in all black and yet a fully realistic pellet gun that is good enough for gun training can.

To me it seems like the law saids it is okay to have realistic powerful replicas that can shoot metal BBs or deadlier pointed pellets but the lower powered airsoft guns that shoot plastic BBs can not be replicas and have to have clear parts.

Am I misinterpreting the law here?
drives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 02:03   #35
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Whoever said the law was supposed to make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 02:07   #36
Conker

We've all tried to understand it, but we can't. Those who wrote the law were probably smoking weed at the same time, if it wasn't exctasy, I'm not sure on that. Probably the latter.

Nonetheless, we've got to do with this weird law.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:07   #37
Con Murder

Drives thats a good point. I was told hemp was banned from the states and a canadian is going to jail for selling pot seeds to americans. That sounded backwards to me as well, all illegal airsoft parts that international retailers are willing to ship here say its me that is liable...

I believe a real judge will sit down and clear this up but in canada that seems to take longer than you would hope.

Back to clear recievers, I can testify that I have never spotted a player because his gun was clear. He may have been thrusting it infront of him while stomping through bushes or standing tall looking down the barrel. Neither being the clear guns fault, most keep they're weapon to close to the body for a clear lower to be percievable from more than like twenty feet. And krylon is cheap.
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 10:34   #38
fleuryfighter

Send a message via MSN to fleuryfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Murder View Post
Back to clear recievers, I can testify that I have never spotted a player because his gun was clear. He may have been thrusting it infront of him while stomping through bushes or standing tall looking down the barrel. Neither being the clear guns fault, most keep they're weapon to close to the body for a clear lower to be percievable from more than like twenty feet. And krylon is cheap.
+1 this is so true
Old September 26th, 2009, 11:09   #39
QKLee11

I was at Karnage new Office down town Thursday Night, the JG Model has a good look and feel to them, I am actully thinking about purchasing one. The prices are reasonable, I paid over $500 for a brand new KWA M 4 about 7 months ago, You can buy a good M 4 from Karnage for less then half, plus his clear soft Berretta's/M 9 are nice. Karnage is a good guy and I have bought most of my magzines, BB's, and other sirsoft paraphanali from Karnage, I am 39 years old and ex army and got into airsoft. Velocity Arms is trying it's damnist to support the sport, his selection of AEG's and GBB's are nice, don't be hesitate to buy is product.

Q
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank