Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA Glock 19, Trigger/Hammer problems

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 5th, 2009, 03:42   #16
sushi_boy604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_U1S View Post
It'll be #87 - though wear on the interfacing surfaces of the hammer itself, #94, could also be a culprit.

When you pull the takedown levers to pull the slide off, is the back end of the slide colliding with the hammer rather than gliding off?
I've see a lot of well-worn Gs, especially select fire models, that have to have a small tool inserted to hold down the hammer while removing the slide, as it's worn and sticks up in this manner.

Check that out - but, very likely the sear part #87.
Replacing that will likely bring things right back to spec, by the sound of your symptoms (but I'd like to hear your take on the hammer, as well...)
Unluckily for me, this issue only happens whenever it wants to. It still fires shot after shot but when in a firefight, i get screwed over because it just won't cock back. But if i do pull the takedown levers, it doesn't slide off since the hammer is in the upright position. As for the sear, it looks alright but i can't tell 100% for sure. As for the hammer, it looks fairly worn down.
sushi_boy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 07:28   #17
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_U1S View Post
It'll be #87 - though wear on the interfacing surfaces of the hammer itself, #94, could also be a culprit.

When you pull the takedown levers to pull the slide off, is the back end of the slide colliding with the hammer rather than gliding off?
I've see a lot of well-worn Gs, especially select fire models, that have to have a small tool inserted to hold down the hammer while removing the slide, as it's worn and sticks up in this manner.

Check that out - but, very likely the sear part #87.
Replacing that will likely bring things right back to spec, by the sound of your symptoms (but I'd like to hear your take on the hammer, as well...)
This is something I've found too. Part #87 would get a slight crack in it, cause the hammer to not sit as low as it should, and the hammer face would cause resistance on the bottom of the slide where the blowback is. Part replacement is the only fix.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 10:09   #18
MikeMcNair

Send a message via AIM to MikeMcNair
ironically, i replaced the sear, and no luck.
MikeMcNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:01   #19
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

I've been struggling with the two I have and a spare one I had for parts, seems there are a few issues in mine and haven't located the issues yet. Luckily I have a pile of parts and different frames/slides to test out, all seem to do the same thing, even after cherrypicking the best parts from all the used ones. Best I got was a working G19 through a couple mags, using the stock plastic slide, good enough for me, until I pulled it out at a game, every mag shot, locked halfway forward and expelled the gas. Quite frustrating to not be able to sort out the exact problem. My other G19 has the same issue as in the G26 video, trigger doesn't engage. There have been times I've bent the trigger bar a bit to have it engage better, has worked, and other time ground off the heel of the rear trigger bar so it'd be able to sink lover into the frame to engage the hammer better, that has improved things as well. Still, issues occur. And I've worked on dozens of KSC Glocks over the past bunch of years (mostly mine, I consider each time I work on the same one yet having a different problem, as another gun) so I've got a PILE of experience with troubleshooting them................. now I'm baffeled and fed up. My G19s get a LOT of use, I'm quite content to go head to head, GBB vs. AEG, indoors and outdoors, with great success. I use heavy ammo in mine mostly, everything from 0.28g to 0.43g, is why I have such great success outdoors with it.
Old August 5th, 2009, 19:43   #20
sushi_boy604

It certainly does feel that the hammer does not seem to catch. I should order the hammer and the sear and see if it works. Thank you everyone for your responses. I really appreciate it.
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:23   #21
sushi_boy604

Quick question. Does anybody know where to buy part #87? Both UNCompany and DenTrinity are sold out.
Old August 7th, 2009, 14:43   #22
heikis

try support@kwausa.com
heikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 22:15   #23
Steve_U1S

If I remember right, I don't think KWA USA will ship to Canada - but worth checking, as those are the right parts.
Steve_U1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 19:38   #24
sushi_boy604

Yeah i've tried ordering from them before. They refused service to me for my KWA P226. They said they couldn't ship parts easily and it would cost 30 USD. =/
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:48   #25
MikeMcNair

fixed the sear spring (it was on wrong) and the firing pin spring. so now everything looks like it is proper, BUT, when i pull the trigger, it just gives a TINY gas puff, and the pellet basically rolls out of the barrel.........

WTF!!!!!!!!
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:36   #26
sushi_boy604

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcNair View Post
fixed the sear spring (it was on wrong) and the firing pin spring. so now everything looks like it is proper, BUT, when i pull the trigger, it just gives a TINY gas puff, and the pellet basically rolls out of the barrel.........

WTF!!!!!!!!
A tiny gas puff? Could it be the mag? Or could it be the impact block. It is very tricky to get it installed correctly. Any other descriptions?
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:20   #27
MikeMcNair

i think it is the impact block as the mags all work in other guns perfectly fine. i took out the impact block (firing pin) and carefully reinstalled it , and no luck
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:01   #28
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Make sure the "tail" of the hammer spring is sitting on the horizontal ledge on the hammer assembly frame, sounds like the hammer isn't hitting properly. Is a common oversight when reassembling the gun, and is actually what I do when I put the pin through, let the spring tail hang down to reduce the tension, then once the pin is through everything, I move the tail up to the ledge to set it.
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:19   #29
MikeMcNair

see, that's the weird part, cause i am SOOOO anal about that stuff, and have even disassembled and reassembled it like 10 times to see what the issue is.

i am trying to picture what you mean by horizontal ledge of the hammer assemble tho, got a pic or something to help me understand?
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:46   #30
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Lol, nope, am in a hotel in Montreal currently. Is easy though, you know where the hammer spring is, look where the straight part of it is, it should sit horizontally on the ledge. If it's pointing down, it won't work. Also, there is a black flat metal shim/spacer on the left side (if the frame is pointing away from you) just ahead of the ledge for the hammer spring, if that shim/spacer wasn't put back in place, the hammer spring could slip off and make the hammer not work properly.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner