Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian dollar drop and airsoft prices

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 29th, 2008, 16:52   #31
Moderate
 
Moderate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under a Bridge
All that money you'll be saving on gas can now be spent on airsoft.
Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 17:37   #32
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
Quote:
Originally Posted by moderatesniper View Post
All that money you'll be saving on gas can now be spent on airsoft.
That's the way to think of it!!
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 17:49   #33
Rukus
 
Rukus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Work Point, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskersten View Post
Is your wifes friend here in Canada or the US? Mind giving us some details of why she is losing her house?
She is here in Canada. She was fortunate to get a massive inheritance from her mother when she died and has spent the many many years living off of it, putting it bluntly she should have never had to work again kinda inheritance. Unfortuately she has made a living off the stock market in order to keep a cash flow, as all of her money has been rolled up into various stocks that were giving her a damned good living and well they have all tanked. She own's her house out right but can't afford to maintain it now, let alone the taxes. She lives in Poco at the moment but because of this mess she is worried about her being able to afford anything she is already looking at liquidating a lot of her stuff to just keep afloat in hopes that everything will rebound but she's running out of options. We'll see how this plays out, she's looking for a job but any job she can get will not be enough to keep her house hold going as it is now.
__________________
Mint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 19:01   #34
CARL
 
CARL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finland, Really?
http://news.aol.ca/article/loonie-gets-big-lift/399290/

Loonie went up!
CARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 19:25   #35
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
C'mon... lets see gas go down to .50 /L and the loonie go up to 2.00 US!!
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 19:26   #36
JacoNB
 
JacoNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, New Brunswick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseduck View Post
Bush is an idiot and I hope he rots for that dumb f*ckin mistake of his.
Don't think for a second it was a *mistake*. Everything that prick has done was calculated down to the last red cent. Those asshats know exactly what they're doing. (Bush doesn't... obviously. But whomever is pushing his "go" button knows what they're doing).

But, yeah, I get paid in US dollars for the comics I do. So when the CAD goes up, I actually lose money. (Because my US paycheck is worth less).

However, now that I have a second "McJob" to help buy my toys, it sorta balances out. *sigh*.

Whatever happened to the barter system, anyway? Beaver pelts and shiny baubles all the way!
JacoNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 19:36   #37
F34N0R
 
F34N0R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Saint-Georges, QC
Send a message via MSN to F34N0R
Thanks God i have a bunch of switzerland franc stored.
__________________
WAR-THUG CORP.
F34N0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 21:03   #38
Omi-san
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montréal
I love how we always lose no matter what. When our dollar was equal to the USD, we were still paying 15%-30% more for goods, and now that our dollar is going down, we will pay even more.
Omi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 00:14   #39
spartan117
 
spartan117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver B.C
I don't think it matters that much. As long as there is airsoft. Then i'm fine with it. At least they're not 2k like the systema....
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 08:51   #40
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tottenham
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
What I am enjoying is watching all those companies that bailed out of Ontario back to the US when our dollar went par, only to see it go back down again. We had several manufacturing companies in our town leave during the summer, citing the high Canadian dollar as the reason.

There are upsides for Canadians in all this. In some respects we've used the low Canadian dollar in the past to support inefficient manufacturing and business practices - many during the high dollar retooled, did staff adjustments, and now are able to function competitively dollar for dollar against foreign companies (read: US, Japan). Now with the dollar having an 18% advantage on the foreign market, those companies will now reap the benefit - particularly against those bailers who are still amortizing their moving costs back to the US. I always enjoy watching a lack of loyalty be rewarded so handsomely.

Don't worry folks, stock up on commodity stocks at bargain prices, its likely the last time you'll see the likes of RIM, Potash, or other Canadian bluechips available with so much room to gain before you retire. I have some cash coming in in the next 30 days and I am hoping we haven't hit bottom yet - I'd like to go shopping.
__________________
LIKE us on Facebook!!
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 08:56   #41
Shrike
ASC Philosopher
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ont.
Or..... Hal Turner (a renowned white supremacist) is right and we are in for some interesting times....

http://www.beersteak.com/politics/ha...-ameros-china/


Ready to out the loonie and accept the amero? Watch the vid at bottom.

edit: Another vid saying sell U.S. $

http://www.beersteak.com/politics/pe...ed-us-economy/
__________________
Quote:
Enjoy the true freedom that comes from being completely free of the shackles of reality.

Last edited by Shrike; October 30th, 2008 at 09:04..
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2008, 06:07   #42
Schlyder
IronOverlord
 
Schlyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Broadview,Saskatchewan
Yeah, they may have been giving us a taste of "at par currency" so when our $ drops, and the masses cry out, that they will offer us a "magical solution to the problem" with the Amero. It may take a few more cycles of the dollar going up to par, and dropping into the $.70 -$.75 range. But it will happen. They will try to form a N.American Union and it is only a matter of time.
Notice how when the banks all secured their bacon with the bailouts, it was shortly thereafter followed by lowered interest rates for savings and investments, an increase in lending rates, and showed little regard for their responsibility in the whole mess, the whole while moaning they were the injured parties involved. I guess the saying "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" applies here. Banks have a bigger lobby than Joe Public. And it is all part of a bigger game that we are only pawns in. Between the multi millionaire speculators manouvering the markets, and bankers and power brokers running the show, we stand very small chance of coming out ahead or even square with status quo.
With the election in the US a few days ahead of us, it will be interesting to see how long it takes for things to change into a different gear. And I can't wait to see what happens next. Things are definately going to change.
__________________
Schlyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2008, 07:58   #43
Muffin
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
C'mon... lets see gas go down to .50 /L and the loonie go up to 2.00 US!!
Oh what a day that would be...
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:14   #44
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tottenham
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
I think what the Canadian Gov't did was prudent and I also think that when the public actually gets a return on that $25 billion, everyone is going to praise Flaherty and Harper for being prudent money managers on our behalf. What they did here is totally different than what they did in the US. The US is just delaying their meltdown. At some point they have to address their deficit and debt - there is no escaping it other than devaluation. As long as the US dollar is the petrodollar, too many people's own interests are at stake and it will be propped up and protected.

What will happen when and if the US develops energy independence as a result of consumer change (as opposed to manipulation)? I do believe that regardless of the dark forces that are working behind the scenes, that the public system that they and we have can only be usurped to a certain point. If energy conservation and alternative energies begin to put a dent in the petro dollar (look at the current situation, gas consumption North America wide is down almost 5% - thats not a bad thing), then all the reserves of US dollars that petro countries and companies (and evil entities) hold with get devalued to nothing and a new currency will be adopted based on the gold standard or some other base.

I would stay away from the US dollar like the plague. I have a vacation in Florida coming up in Feb 2009 and hope our dollar has recovered by then. But I have been battening down the hatches now for 6 months trying to get my house energy consumption down to striking distance of a solar powered system, putting in a heat pump (works like geothermal) and investing in other things to eliminate my dependance on energy suppliers. I am doing this over the next 5 years instead of putting major investments into RRSPs because these technologies will save me from SPENDING money on high energy costs over the next 20 years and when I retire, I have limited exposure to those inflated costs - this is the kind of thing we as consumers can CHOOSE to do over consuming. Consuming is participating in this stupidity. Conserving and making yourself energy independent (and CONSUMING LESS overall) takes you out of the equation and less exposed to the things that are likely to really hurt when the next technical wave hits.

The only exposure I really have at this point outside of my plan is food prices - but short of buying a farm (or land, which is a possibility) I can't really address that, other than buying local produce from local farmers, which I do. I also hunt and put a whole winter's worth of venison in the freezer to avoid buying beef.
__________________
LIKE us on Facebook!!

Last edited by Scarecrow; October 31st, 2008 at 08:16..
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2008, 10:03   #45
shinobii
 
shinobii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
I think what the Canadian Gov't did was prudent and I also think that when the public actually gets a return on that $25 billion, everyone is going to praise Flaherty and Harper for being prudent money managers on our behalf. What they did here is totally different than what they did in the US. The US is just delaying their meltdown. At some point they have to address their deficit and debt - there is no escaping it other than devaluation. As long as the US dollar is the petrodollar, too many people's own interests are at stake and it will be propped up and protected.

What will happen when and if the US develops energy independence as a result of consumer change (as opposed to manipulation)? I do believe that regardless of the dark forces that are working behind the scenes, that the public system that they and we have can only be usurped to a certain point. If energy conservation and alternative energies begin to put a dent in the petro dollar (look at the current situation, gas consumption North America wide is down almost 5% - thats not a bad thing), then all the reserves of US dollars that petro countries and companies (and evil entities) hold with get devalued to nothing and a new currency will be adopted based on the gold standard or some other base.

I would stay away from the US dollar like the plague. I have a vacation in Florida coming up in Feb 2009 and hope our dollar has recovered by then. But I have been battening down the hatches now for 6 months trying to get my house energy consumption down to striking distance of a solar powered system, putting in a heat pump (works like geothermal) and investing in other things to eliminate my dependance on energy suppliers. I am doing this over the next 5 years instead of putting major investments into RRSPs because these technologies will save me from SPENDING money on high energy costs over the next 20 years and when I retire, I have limited exposure to those inflated costs - this is the kind of thing we as consumers can CHOOSE to do over consuming. Consuming is participating in this stupidity. Conserving and making yourself energy independent (and CONSUMING LESS overall) takes you out of the equation and less exposed to the things that are likely to really hurt when the next technical wave hits.

The only exposure I really have at this point outside of my plan is food prices - but short of buying a farm (or land, which is a possibility) I can't really address that, other than buying local produce from local farmers, which I do. I also hunt and put a whole winter's worth of venison in the freezer to avoid buying beef.
+1 to whole winter's worth of venison in the freezer to avoid buying beef.
__________________
Premier Pro-Grade Canadian AEG supplier
http://www.mach1airsoft.com/
sales@mach1airsoft.com
Like Us on FACEBOOK
Follow Us on Twitter

Store Hours of Operation:
Tue-Wed: 11:00am-5:00pm
Thurs: 11:00am-8:00pm
Fri: 11:00am-5:00pm
Sat: 10:00-5:00pm

Retail Store Address: 237 Toryork Drive, Toronto Ontario.
shinobii is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.