Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Question on FPS?

:

General

Old April 21st, 2007, 09:22   #46
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death March View Post
I don't think the box on the Saw would have held ammo for a five min. spree,mine lasts for far less than a min. and mine only does 14 rnds a second lol,just fun'n with ya,Cheers!
Well, of course that was an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 10:04   #47
Death March

Well, of course that was an exaggeration, but you get the idea.
Death March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 19:45   #48
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

i beg to differ, i've seen first hand someone firing their M249 WHILE pouring BBs into their box mag. F*cking gay if you ask me, I love stopping to reload, makes it more challenging.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 20:35   #49
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
i beg to differ, i've seen first hand someone firing their M249 WHILE pouring BBs into their box mag. F*cking gay if you ask me, I love stopping to reload, makes it more challenging.
+1.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 22nd, 2007, 21:00   #50
Amos

Think about it.

With a LMG you've got no choice but to hose full auto... and with that rate of fire each little shot shoots (estimated) 6 or 7

With a AEG you can chose either semi or auto, But the ROF is substantially lower. I know with my M16 when I'm in auto I can fire a single shot with a slight trigger pull...

IMO the 350 Limit is a smart move. No one wants to be hosed down by multiple LMG's when just one BB would do it.
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 21:14   #51
DarkAlman

Send a message via MSN to DarkAlman
To quote our former m60 gunner:

"LMG gunners don't get kills, they keep the enemy's heads down so that the rifleman can kill them."

These individuals bought LMG's so they would never have to let go the trigger during the course of a fire fight. It's extremely annoying to get killed because when you yelled at your LMG for suppressing fire he ran away because he's trying to use a machine gun like a flame thrower!

TM Sig P228
KA FN FAL
Canada's resident KA FN FAL expert.... apparently

Last edited by DarkAlman; April 22nd, 2007 at 21:22..
DarkAlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 23:03   #52
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Think about it.

With a LMG you've got no choice but to hose full auto... and with that rate of fire each little shot shoots (estimated) 6 or 7

With a AEG you can chose either semi or auto, But the ROF is substantially lower. I know with my M16 when I'm in auto I can fire a single shot with a slight trigger pull...

IMO the 350 Limit is a smart move. No one wants to be hosed down by multiple LMG's when just one BB would do it.
I know LMGs hose full auto, but even real ones don't lay on the fire constantly without stopping for cooling or reloading for minutes on end.

Quote:
Old April 23rd, 2007, 06:56   #53
Death March

Think about it.

I'v had my G&P 249 chron'd at X.T. and it shoot 382 fps at 14 rnds a sec.and my G&P M4SO did 367 fps at 19 rnds a sec so clearly the M4SO had better ROF.We just played a games Sunday with four LMG's and my self being one of them wheilding one of them around was no easy task and became a freek'n taget to be take'n out as soon as we started firing,we were take'n out just like anybody else! Ower guy's had the tactics too take out LMG operators with out a glitch,everyone had a blast noone had any prob.'s
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:24   #54
Gren

Send a message via MSN to Gren
If firing 350 or 400 fps, LMG’s can be taken out. Did it twice this past weekend with my little stock CA MP5A3 which only fires at 305 fps. Just my 2 cents worth, its all down the players who use them and the players who go against them.

Lets all just have fun out there.
Gren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 10:11   #55
Dracheous
Lego Head

Awww his gun looks bigger than mine . WAIT! Let's limit his more than mine!

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA :duke: 1337R than thou!

/end sarcasm

Like Gren said, just cause the gun has a high FPS doesn't mean it can not be taking out. My bolt action has a HIGH FPS but it gets taken out easily if someone can spray down the area I am in before I can reload to shoot the second person. That's why snipers hide and take longer shots. The LMG will have the same purpose in airsoft as it does in real life tactics, hose the shit out of everything. Yes you have to stop and let the barrel cool, yes you'd have to stop and reload ((Yeah I don't like the idea of someone pouring BB's in as they load either but anyway)). The point to the gun is to keep heads down, as stated several times. And what keeps heads down better than a big wall of flying shit that is just cutting everything down?

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 15:32   #56
kalnaren

*shrug* I never said they couldn't be taken out. Hell, I mercied a SAW gunner a couple of games ago while he was hoseing. Just offering my $0.02

Quote:
Old April 23rd, 2007, 17:03   #57
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I hit a button and it deleted what I was writing so I'll just summarize it;
People who really want to be LMG gunners, will adapt to the new rules
People who want uber guns with lots of ammo, will buy a different gun or go play on a field not under MAA rules and regs.
It's just the fact they bought the gun to get around ammo restrictions with no intention of ever using is as a support or assault weapon.

In a way it's helping everybody, since everyone who bought an M249 for a non-milsim reason has a field to play at where they are welcome, and the MAA can stay milsim
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 18:28   #58
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
People who want uber guns with lots of ammo, will buy a different gun or go play on a field not under MAA rules and regs.
It's just the fact they bought the gun to get around ammo restrictions with no intention of ever using is as a support or assault weapon.

In a way it's helping everybody, since everyone who bought an M249 for a non-milsim reason has a field to play at where they are welcome, and the MAA can stay milsim
Restrict the numbers, not the gun.

IE. Instead of restricting what you can do with the gun, restrict it so that a team needs 10 players to have one LMG gunner. Since an M249 is essentially the same as an M16, seeing as they use the same ammo, they should have the same restrictions on the field. But if you limit only one M249 to every 10 people you'll have one person who'll get told to act like support for his buddies as the other 9 will be counting on him to do just that.

Ammo limit rules can be changed too. Make it one box-mag and the rest of the ammo they carry is to supply team mate guns not their own. If I saw a guy loading up a M249 in the field, I'd see it as the same as a guy loading up an M4 mag when they have 300 round limits. If the teams have to return to base to reload, then they can return to their support gunner, get ammo off him until his limit runs out too. Then everyone's on limited ammo and has to conserve and retreat to base for re-supply.

I just don't see justification why one gun should not be able to use the same upgrades ((with in safe measure of course)) as another that is virtually the same, both airsoft and real world weapons.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 18:36   #59
Death March

I still can't find anybody that has said they just bought these LMG's just too get around ammo rules and it's a pretty dumb reason to buy such a unit in the first place,like I'v said before if they said it to your face that that was the sole reason,there a moron,but if thats an assumption than thats not fair to them! To me it still seems like it was a rule brought in to discriminate against certain people. Alot of the rules I see refering to "Milsim" don't see to relate to the real thing at all,as in War it's "run what you brung" I like to see all the crazy stuff that guys come up with,it keeps things fresh!
Old April 23rd, 2007, 18:46   #60
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Quote:
Just to play Devil's Advocate here, does this mean I could crank my sniper rifle up to 600 or 700 fps? Because, you know, milsim being a military simulation, I want the added realism of being able to make a long range shot, just like the real steel counterpart could.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General