Something every game needs

:

General

Old June 10th, 2005, 09:39   #16
Droc
Id be more worried of a guy laying down in the grass
Old June 10th, 2005, 13:47   #17
Gord (Frogman)

Send a message via ICQ to Gord (Frogman) Send a message via AIM to Gord (Frogman) Send a message via MSN to Gord (Frogman)
Well, KS2 has speed limits in place, as well as restrictions on where the vehicles can drive. Also in the rules it's expressed that if your laying on one of these vehicle passageways you should get up and get to safety, allowing vehicles the right of way. All the anti personell toy attached to the vehicles is extra encouragement.

Clearly you'll be able to hear a vehicle coming a ways off, and if you get run over, I would say it's more than likely your fault.
Gord (Frogman) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 14:00   #18
spleen

I almost got run over by a truck at a game once. I had been advancing behind the truck, using it for cover, when the driver decided to back up unannounced. Obviously he didn't know exactly where I was. The truck pushed me backwards, and since I wasn't expecting it, I staggered. If I hadn't kept my balance, by pure luck, I probably would have been run over. It's about the scariest thing ever happened to me while playing airsoft.

Since then, I'm not so keen on vehicles in game. In the middle of a fire fight, it's easy for people to lose track of each other. You really don't want that happening when one of the people is operating a motor vehicle in close proximity to others...

To each their own, just my 2 cents.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
George W. Bush (1946 - Present)

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchervano View Post
Oh wow, im speechless. Crowbars and shovels... back to lurking then.
spleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 14:22   #19
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord (Frogman)
Clearly you'll be able to hear a vehicle coming a ways off, and if you get run over, I would say it's more than likely your fault.
It depends on the vehicle. Zero Delay's DPV I'm assuming will be good and noisy, but I know when we had a Volvo on the field (new model, new engine) it could glide up at 10kph and sometimes you didn't hear it until it was right on top of you, if you were looking in the other direction, and guns were going off nearby. We relied on very limited use of the vehicle to keep it safe (but we had no pre-planned permitted paths, we just relied on common sense - no tearing across fields, or pushing through brush).

That notwithstanding, the benefit and fuck yeah cool factor of vehicles in games makes it worth making the effort to incorporate them, and make it safe. And even under very restricted circumstances, any vehicles are great to have on the field, as long as your drivers are walking on eggshells the whole time, and don't run Spleen over. He's fragile.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
MMMiles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 16:40   #20
parkercu

Send a message via MSN to parkercu
vehicles would be aweosme to have in an airsoft game....but there should be designated roads where the vehicles can only stay, speed limits, signs and all that jazz
Old June 10th, 2005, 17:59   #21
Disasterpiece

Send a message via MSN to Disasterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkercu
vehicles would be aweosme to have in an airsoft game....but there should be designated roads where the vehicles can only stay, speed limits, signs and all that jazz
True, but that kinda sucks because it really restricts the drivers mobility. Maybe you could make just make some kind of waver that says the community is not responsible for deaths/injuries due to fast moving vehicles that may or may not be piloted by a felow airsofter. :-D
Disasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 18:17   #22
gandar

Send a message via MSN to gandar
Yeah but how many convoys just decide to go ripping through a field for no real reason? It makes sense to limit them to certain roads. 'specially since you can't just disable them by shooting them...

Alternatively, I could just light you on fire. - Me
gandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 19:13   #23
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disasterpiece
Quote:
True, but that kinda sucks because it really restricts the drivers mobility. Maybe you could make just make some kind of waver that says the community is not responsible for deaths/injuries due to fast moving vehicles that may or may not be piloted by a felow airsofter. :-D

That looks like one of the stupidest things I've seen on these boards. While airsoft isn't exactly as safe as knitting you should always be opperating with your fellow players in mind, that's why we have FPS limits and wear eye protection. Restricting the drivers mobility is something that takes away part of the advantage of the vehical over foot transport, even things out a little.

It's airsoft, not bloody 4x4 smash up derby.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 20:19   #24
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Quote:
Quote:

While airsoft isn't exactly as safe as knitting

Those knitting needles are pretty long... even heard of people using them to kill others (stab in the heart)... :razz:
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 21:15   #25
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by made Man
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

While airsoft isn't exactly as safe as knitting

Those knitting needles are pretty long... even heard of people using them to kill others (stab in the heart)... :razz:

Just cause the tool is dangerous doesn't mean the activity is. I am going to go out on a limb here and assume you get the picture.
Old June 10th, 2005, 21:19   #26
Lex

Quote:

That looks like one of the stupidest things I've seen on these boards. While airsoft isn't exactly as safe as knitting you should always be opperating with your fellow players in mind, that's why we have FPS limits and wear eye protection. Restricting the drivers mobility is something that takes away part of the advantage of the vehical over foot transport, even things out a little.

It's airsoft, not bloody 4x4 smash up derby.

Amen sister.

http://www.bikercowboy.com

"...and if I fall, to taste the ground, and you hear that firebell sound. Don't fear, it's just the bullets, bouncing off my helmet..." -Hawksley Workman

"I sir, point & laugh at you from across the ocean."-Aquamarine

"It is that same freedom to choose that many organized faiths refuse to accept. And for that, I refuse to accept them."-MadMorbius
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2005, 00:19   #27
Lisa

Disasterpiece, the front bumper weighs about 450 pounds... a slight tap is going to knock you over and break you.

Old June 11th, 2005, 00:21   #28
Lex

Sweet Dodge.

Me likey alot.

Sports cars, meh. 4X4'S F*ck yeah!!

http://www.bikercowboy.com

"...and if I fall, to taste the ground, and you hear that firebell sound. Don't fear, it's just the bullets, bouncing off my helmet..." -Hawksley Workman

"I sir, point & laugh at you from across the ocean."-Aquamarine

"It is that same freedom to choose that many organized faiths refuse to accept. And for that, I refuse to accept them."-MadMorbius
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General