Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Where do I find a good M14 Disassembly Guide?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 31st, 2006, 18:21   #1
johnnyrico

Where do I find a good M14 Disassembly Guide?

Hey Guys.

Just got a TM M14 off of a buddy of mine. Seemed to work great, but there is a "trigger issue"

What I mean by that is that it seems to take a lot of "pull" on the trigger to get it to fire. I mean you have to pull that sucker back pretty hard just to get it to fire.

Our gun tech is thinking that it is the "'trigger switch / connector"? That it may have abit of a gap and is not making a good contact unless you pull hard to get the copper contact in there further. I am talking about the one piece of copper that slides in between the other two to make contact. ( - = )

Our gun tech is very familiar with ver.2 and ver.3 guns but he has never worked on any ver.6 or anything else even close to the Marui M14.

So here is the question. Does anyone know of a good guide for taking the Marui M14 apart right down to the gearbox all apart and everything?

I have searched on google, and I have mostly just found reviews. A couple of the reviews show the mechbox all apart and some detail the taking the outer barrel off of the receiver, but none of the ones that I have found detail getting all the wiring and extra's off of the mechbox or how to crack her open.

LOL one review showed it all apart, mentioned that it is a quite different gun to work on, and said that "there are lot's of reviews out there on the net to show how to take it apart." Well I have not found any!!

I guess that is about it. I have searched on here as well but the guides I found did not go into detail to take the mechbox apart.

As far as we got is the trigger guard off and seperating the receiver from the OD body / stock.

Then the four screws which take the barrel off. That is about it.

Any info / help would be much appreciated.

Thanks allz.

Rico

"When just seconds can mean life or death, the police are just minutes away"

"If you can read this, thank a teacher... Since it's in English, thank a soldier"
johnnyrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 18:53   #2
WI-FI

Its the only guide i have found hope its help.
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forum...14+disassembly
WI-FI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 18:56   #3
Sgt_Lynch

Here:http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=20051
issue 11 has a stripdown article including mechbox.
Old August 31st, 2006, 19:09   #4
longshot

Check this link out...hope it will help.

http://www.theqproject.com/store/review-TMm14.asp
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 19:28   #5
FNG

Uh... johnnyrico...it took me about 3 minutes to find the link WI-FI posted. You suck at 'searching'.

All ribbing aside. If your 'gun tech' has the ability to take apart mechboxes and not lose tiny springs he'll be fine. I took it apart and put it together again and it works just fine. And I'm a moron. I found the Version 7 gearbox quite a bit easier to work on than a Version 2, but that's just me. Like I said "I'm a moron". The only thing I can recommend is that you use something plastic to pry off the heat shield clip. Otherwise you will scratch the paint on the barrel. Granted, you can't see the scratches when the rifle is assembled, but you will still know it's there. Little things like that bug me. Good luck.
FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 23:23   #6
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
my personal experianc with the m14 mechbox is it's the same as any other .. just a different size/shape. i will note that I found the anti-reversal latch more of a bi**** to install then other ver2 and ver 3 mechbox's I have done work on. Nothing a pair of good long tipped tweezers couldn't solve.
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2006, 10:11   #7
Prowler

Send a message via ICQ to Prowler Send a message via AIM to Prowler
Be carefull with all the small parts attached to the mechbox, I will be easy to forget what pieces go where but if you don't mind taking stuff apart and putting it back together then the m14 will be a very special treat

Talk about modern day rubix cube lol. I'm glad TM is working more towards building mechanical AEG's then a box with wires running through it. I also agree with johnnyDo, long tipped tweazers are a life saver!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner