Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mags for VFC SCAR-L

:

Accessories Discussion

Old April 18th, 2010, 09:08   #16
slsd00041

I have a D-Boys Scar L, I'm using D-Boys, PMag, Kingarms mags, they all work fine, mid and hi caps.
Old April 18th, 2010, 11:54   #17
zollen

Send a message via ICQ to zollen
Would standard M4 magazines fit?
zollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 12:12   #18
theshaneler

read the thread, that question has been answered multiple time already and the thread is only 17 posts long.

yes all standard M4 mags SHOULD fit, slight modification might be needed as different manufacturers have different tolerences
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 21:15   #19
GBear

Send a message via MSN to GBear
So, looks like I have a little problem with the PMags and this thread seems fitting it post it up on.

They are feeding very weirdly. Throughout the mag, they feed okay-ish. They could feed better. They jam from time to time. However, once I start running down towards the last 10-20 BBs, they jam every BB. I can shoot once, then have to take out the mag, dropping BBs all over the place. Then repeat.

What could be wrong? Do I need to cut the spring down a little? Could it be my hop-up? I am really lost and it is very frustrating when I have to deal with this all the time on the field. I have a lot of gun troubles on the field actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 21:29   #20
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
What could be wrong? Do I need to cut the spring down a little? Could it be my hop-up? I am really lost and it is very frustrating when I have to deal with this all the time on the field. I have a lot of gun troubles on the field actually...
Lesson moving forward. Never disassemble your first AEG when its working. Its stupid. If I buy a phone and got it home and took it apart and it "didnt work that well" I would be a moron. The same thing applies here. Not trying to be mean or anything just honest.

As for PMags what brand did you buy. The Green line ones or the "real" ones? I would assume the Green line ones as most people have indicated that the "real" ones feed fine but I guess that should be clarified.

Also don't chop the spring, if anything you might need to affix a small "object" into the magwell to secure better fitment.

Cheers

Also really Im not trying to be mean, I just firmly believe in "Upgrade the player not the gun". And I extend that to not fiddling with things.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 21:35   #21
coach
aka coachster

have you lubed the mags yet? a couple drops of silly oil and cycle a full load of BB's a few time.
DO NOT CYCLE BB's through your gun!

release the BB's by pulling the little tab back. I keep a small bottle with a couple hundred BB's that I use only to cycle mags with lube.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2010, 00:49   #22
GBear

I will take your advice.

These are the PMAGs I bought. They are Magpul PTS's.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1716

Also, I understand Rugger. However, I LOVE taking things apart. Anything new I get, I want to take it apart to see how it works. Sometimes I break it but end up fixing it later and learning a lot from it. No wonder I'm in engineering. Hopefully I can fix it so it works at full potential soon enough.

Thanks.

Quote:
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
Old June 6th, 2010, 22:12   #23
GBear

So, I have oiled the mags and cycled roughly 5-6 times. They feed better but still jam 2-3 times per mag, mostly occurring towards the end of the mag as well.

Quote:

Old March 20th, 2011, 16:22   #24
Silent-Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
So, I have oiled the mags and cycled roughly 5-6 times. They feed better but still jam 2-3 times per mag, mostly occurring towards the end of the mag as well.
Gbear that is really bizzare, I have a stock VFC SCAR and use the exact same mags and the BBs cycle through fine. What kind of upgrades did you do to the gun?
Silent-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 18:06   #25
teriases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Fox View Post
Gbear that is really bizzare, I have a stock VFC SCAR and use the exact same mags and the BBs cycle through fine. What kind of upgrades did you do to the gun?
Adding to silent's comments : Maybe some rust forming inside with the springs? That's my only guess. I have other pmags I run I never had this problem.

Btw take care of my baby silent. I don't want to get no calls from her in the middle of the night in tears... ;( jk lol...
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 18:51   #26
mr_nuts31

maybe try emags instead, i have both kinds and I find that the emags feed perfectly on a scar-l compared to the pmags. And yes there is a difference between the two enough to make a difference
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion