Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Umarex makes Airsoft?

:

General

Closed Thread

Old August 2nd, 2005, 16:27   #1
section5

Question Umarex makes Airsoft?

Just checked their site www.umarex.com It looks like they carry springers, AEGs and GBBs. Interesting... I know they have the crappy Crosman springers, but I noticed they have a G36, and a P90 AEG as well as a NBB P99? I wonder if they are just getting other companies to make them for them. I know only Maruzen makes a fixed slide P99. Hmmmm....

Anyway, if anyone else has info on these. I'd be interested to know more about them and if they suck or not. Anyway, I'm looking for some information and constructive criticism, not a flame war about how things suck because they have springers, blah, blah, blah..... I am interested in the AEGs and the GBBs and if they are made and perform well. Maybe some of you who work in a surplus store that deals with Umarex (Crosman is just a division of Umarex, Umarex actually make nice replicas of Walthers and Colts and make some decent CO2 pelet rifles) can shed some light on this. This may have been a recent thing, so I don't expect too many people to know much. Thanks
Old August 2nd, 2005, 16:35   #2
[Avtomat]

What the hell is Umarex? Like is it a company that makes tampons? Cuss if not it isn't a big deal since a lot of companies carry crap guns and some good ones.
WE hi-capa 5.1 striker - gone
TM Ak47 - gone
Western Arms Inifnity 3.9 - gone

Get your answers here!
Answers: $5
Good Answers: $10
Correct Answers: $20
Well-researched Answers complete with reference: $150/hr plus materials
Old August 2nd, 2005, 16:40   #3
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Avtomat]
What the hell is Umarex? Like is it a company that makes tampons? Cuss if not it isn't a big deal since a lot of companies carry crap guns and some good ones.
You really need to post less.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 16:41   #4
section5

They are a German company that is also under the Walther umbrella. Walther is manufacturer of Real Steel firearms.

I'm just interested because they are a real steel company that is delving on the airsoft market. Kind of like how Colt and SVI promote Western Arms on their websites. But Umarex actually being a manufacturer or distributor of airsoft related items.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 16:42   #5
Donor

Send a message via MSN to Donor
Umarex, as far as I know, is a company fairly well known in the metal BB, CO2 world.
They also seem to be tied with Walther aswell (I think I remember hearing they now Own Walther aswell, though don't take my word for it), which explains the PPK and the P99s.

Edit: Or the other way around, Walther owns Umarex.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 16:48   #6
section5

Donor, I believe you are right in that Umarex owns Walther. Not the other way around as I stated on my last post
Old August 2nd, 2005, 16:50   #7
Kid

if you look in the SoftAir>AEG and SoftAir>GAS section it looks like they are a more of a retailer/distributer than manufacturer (ex- they sell guns by ICS and what looks like Marui and Marzuen)
Old August 2nd, 2005, 17:50   #8
Greylocks

Walther is not owned by anyone. They still make some of the best firearms on the planet.

Walther makes superb airguns too.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 18:06   #9
firemachine69

Ditto on the airguns. If you get a chance to shoot one of their airguns, go for it. The fit and finish, especially on their top of the line, is simply brilliant. :tup:
Old August 2nd, 2005, 19:48   #10
Greylocks

Want to see astounding accuracy, look at their olympic rated airguns.
Old August 6th, 2005, 20:17   #11
Droc

Old August 22nd, 2005, 14:37   #12
PTE. Pyle

Send a message via MSN to PTE. Pyle
lol id hate to see how big of bbs that thing shoots must go through co2 faster than anything
Old August 22nd, 2005, 15:13   #13
nic_s

It's interesting, in Germany Umarex is known for it's so-called gas pistols. They are chambered to fire 9mm blanks, or blanks with with irritant spray (like capsicum). They are basically real firearms modified for blank or irritant rounds. They can also shoot bear bangers with a special attachment.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 15:26   #14
Igor01

Send a message via ICQ to Igor01 Send a message via AIM to Igor01 Send a message via MSN to Igor01
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic_s
It's interesting, in Germany Umarex is known for it's so-called gas pistols. They are chambered to fire 9mm blanks, or blanks with with irritant spray (like capsicum). They are basically real firearms modified for blank or irritant rounds. They can also shoot bear bangers with a special attachment.
Used to have a Beretta like that. Awesome detail and finish. To my then untrained eye they looked 100% real save for the little metal rod running across the barrel inside to prevent the gun from firing projectiles.

The best things was that these guns were perfectly legal in Germany and cost only 100 Deutchmarks (this was way before Euro was introduced).

HEATWARE

Old Buyer/Seller Ratings

For Sale: Nothing at the moment.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 19:53   #15
nic_s

That's true, and the gun can be used as a weapon even with blanks. For example someone held the muzzle of one of these pistols up to a 1/4 MDF and it blew a huge hole right through it. Imagine what that could do to flesh.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General