Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Kraken weird grinding

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 20th, 2008, 15:38   #1
pawscal
Kraken weird grinding

I just got a kraken and there is a weird grinding as am shooting sometimes it sounds good for a couple a shots then the grinding sound will apear. Its sorta like a miss ajusted motor at some times.

So I opened it up, there was no damage to none of the parts, I cleaned it and instaled metal bushings and reshimed, I had to swap out the cylinder head since there was little compresion. Put it all back together and try it again, runs good for about 50 rnds then the same thing happens!

I will try to get a sound clip....
Old March 20th, 2008, 18:23   #2
MADDOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawscal View Post
I just got a kraken and there is a weird grinding as am shooting sometimes it sounds good for a couple a shots then the grinding sound will apear. Its sorta like a miss ajusted motor at some times.

So I opened it up, there was no damage to none of the parts, I cleaned it and instaled metal bushings and reshimed, I had to swap out the cylinder head since there was little compresion. Put it all back together and try it again, runs good for about 50 rnds then the same thing happens!

I will try to get a sound clip....
Have you adjusted the motor height? Is the screw backing off and causing the grinding noise?

The same thing just happened with my TM AK and the motor dropped down too low

MD

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 19:01   #3
Crunchmeister

I'd suggest motor height adjustment as your first step. If you can't get that to work, then you may have a problem with a stripped gear. Your symptoms sound exactly like what my TM M4A1 did right before comsuming its spur gear.
Old March 20th, 2008, 19:33   #4
max.power

My UTG AK47 did the same. Ended up being a ground gear. 1/4 of the ...I don't know the word...gear tines...were stripped. Take apart the mech box!
max.power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 20:39   #5
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

or it could be a simple shimming problem, this is what a few sounded like and all it took was a good shim job to fix it.

To give your gun a good shim job I would suggest turning the lights down low. Next make sure your gun is sitting in a comfortable position. Run your hands over the gun and talk softly while slowly getting down on your knees. Open the gun up and try to keep eye contact with it or it might not respect you in the morning, then simply... well I'll leave the rest to you....
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner