Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Kraken Upgrade Compatibility Question

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 5th, 2009, 17:54   #1
RadioMan
Banned

Kraken Upgrade Compatibility Question

Hi there, I have owned my Kraken for about a year and I have decided to upgrade it (I know that you should only upgrade if its broken, but I bought a new gun and I want to make the Kraken better). I have read many of the reviews and threads already about the Kraken, but I am still unsure of what to do. For the gearbox, I would like to buy the modify modular tune up kit from airsoftparts.ca, but I have heard that certain parts (I think the cylinder head) do not fit in the Kraken's gearbox without modificaiton. If this is true, would it be possible to fix the problem by buying the King Arms V3 Reinforced Gearbox (6mm) also from airsoft parts.

Also, I am wondering if a Element metal body would be good for the Kraken.

Thanks.
RadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 21:09   #2
z_rampage1980

Well I can give you my two cents, that is the metal body I put on mine, ribbed top cover and a pistol grip. Took some fitting but it works and looks nice. They only know it's a kracken after I tell
z_rampage1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 23:08   #3
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
as far as i can tell, the newest generation of krakens are 100% tm compatible. Even the hopup/inner barrel, which i have been told was not but mine is.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 19:20   #4
RadioMan
Banned

Ok, I'm not completely sure if mine is compatible then. I bought my Kraken in January 08 and I believe it is a version 2. I will probably go with the Element Metal body. Also, is there anyone who owns a Kraken that has actually used the Modify Modular FTK and likes it?
Thanks
RadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 20:00   #5
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMan View Post
and I believe it is a version 2.
I assume you're talking about the generation of the kraken and not the mechbox (AKs use a V3 mechbox).

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 22:34   #6
Monica
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
I assume you're talking about the generation of the kraken and not the mechbox (AKs use a V3 mechbox).
My friend had bought one of the earlier models before me (I think it was the first gen) and then I bought mine a few months later. I'm guessing that mine was the version just before they reduced TM compatibility.

Last edited by Monica; April 10th, 2009 at 20:59..
Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 23:03   #7
Amos

The element metal body is pretty crappy.. I put one on my Kraken project a while ago and it broke pretty quickly, It's almost 100% white metal.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:42   #8
Monica
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
The element metal body is pretty crappy.. I put one on my Kraken project a while ago and it broke pretty quickly, It's almost 100% white metal.
Amos, which body would you recommend? Also, I saw in a previous thread that you recommended that someone should buy the Modify FTK off Airsoftparts.ca. Have you had in any hands on experience with this kit and would you still recommend it for Kraken owners?
Thanks

Last edited by Monica; April 10th, 2009 at 11:49..
Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:54   #9
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica View Post
Amos, which body would you recommend? Also, I saw in a previous thread that you recommended that someone should buy the Modify FTK off Airsoftparts.ca. Have you had in any hands on experience with this kit and would you still recommend it for Kraken owners?
Thanks
It's iffy... I've worked on about 15-20 Krakens.. and no 2 of them have been the same.

Modify has a new gear set (The "SMOOTH") and it's pretty much guaranteed to work in any 6mm gearbox.

I wish modify would come out with a full tune kit with their smooth gears in it..

I can't say everything will work, because sometimes it has, other times it hasn't.

for bodies, I'd recommend G&P, CA, KA.. basically any of the high end brands.

Buying one good body will be cheaper than buying multiple crappy bodies.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications