Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Felix tactical.. are we being ripped off?

:

Gear Discussion

Old June 2nd, 2009, 16:47   #16
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
For the Most part im pretty sure cadpat fabric is illegal to export. I wonder how he planned on shipping it to you?

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 17:20   #17
merc_delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARL View Post
Do you know him?
yes i know him.
he was in the CF in the 90s or 80s
merc_delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 17:21   #18
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoil View Post
Thanks for the heads up guys, I'll be contacting paypal tomorrow.

I know we can get cheap cadpat stuff a lot of places, but we really hate the "clown suit" cut the issue and pantenac stuff has.

We also bought a bunch of Dropzone's expensive pyjamas ops series uniforms. I have no idea how you can think that is good? Everything is sloppily single-stiched with redicoulusly low SPI and the fabric just abrades away and falls apart with even light use. We seriously feel ripped off by dropzone too.... I don't think a single pair of pants were in one piece after the first game

It seems you just can't win with CP uniforms
Whatever you bought probably wasnt drop zone. I've seen kit that has gone through several tours that are still in excellent condition. If it is that bad return it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 18:09   #19
CARL

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc_delta View Post
yes i know him.
he was in the CF in the 90s or 80s

Well do you have any other information that might be of some usefulness so buddy can get his money back or the situation resolved?
CARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 19:21   #20
merc_delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARL View Post
Well do you have any other information that might be of some usefulness so buddy can get his money back or the situation resolved?
no i don't have some useful other information
merc_delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2009, 04:09   #21
HardCoil

Send a message via ICQ to HardCoil Send a message via MSN to HardCoil Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
Whatever you bought probably wasnt drop zone. I've seen kit that has gone through several tours that are still in excellent condition. If it is that bad return it.
We ordered directly from them and I had more than 50 emails back and forth with Brian over there, so I'm pretty sure it was

Knyte: You are not talking about ICE tactical are you? We had to fight for 4 months to get a similar amount of money back from them. But please PM me with more info about your stuff
Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:46   #22
Azathoth

Quote:
We ordered directly from them and I had more than 50 emails back and forth with Brian over there, so I'm pretty sure it was
Brian takes ALOT of pride in the work of his shop and the products that he sells, A friend bought a HK clip and used it on an ebanned CQD plate, long story short the HK clip was a clone and the replica CQD plate literally ground down the HK Clip. Brian more than replaced the clip and went back to his suppliers.

It's actually good to see someone in retail work that hard to produce good products and service the items he sells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:53   #23
whisper_kill

I have a DropZone recce smock. Although a little on the pricey side, I LOVE it and it is very well made, IMO. And no, I don't know anyone there or have any business relationships with them, just my opinion.
Old June 4th, 2009, 13:19   #24
Oborous

Just a couple of comments here... I work in finance for LE, I purchase tactical nylon products professionally, so am coming at this from a slightly different angle. I run 'real steel' nylon in airsoft so I can better write RFP's to get my guys what they want. I'd like to know the details of your order, but $4,000 for even a dozen sets of CADPAT sounds way too expensive; that's Dropzone level pricing for twelve tops & bottoms.

In the future, use a deposit system, with milestones if neccesary... so much money up front, once you have photos of the fabric, then more money, etc. Put timeframes in future orders; if you're dealing with that kind of money (Anything over $1,000, we issue Purchase Orders for), write it up, put exactly what you want, when you want it, and how much you're going to pay (even get an estimate for Shipping & Handling). I realize this is closing the barn doors after the cows have left.

My recommendation is document everything, explain to Felix your expectations, your timelines, and see what they come back with as a resolution. Ask for a refund if it does not meet your requirements. Due to the dollar value involved, have you contacted a lawyer?

My comments on the three manufacturers mentioned here...

Felix Tactical... I have been warned off, I have never purchased from them and as of now, they do not currently make anything that I would need to purchase professionally. They've been small and their reputation for the problems you're talking about is pretty consistent; They're on the fence for being 'real steel' vs. 'airsoft grade'. In a couple of years, I could see some personal/airsoft purchases through them.

ICE Tactical... The owner knows his stuff and has worked for some of the biggest tacitcal nylon names, but there are organizational issues (seeming to be resolved) and production issues. The general consensus from the HSLD or BTDT guys is ICE tactical is either awesome, crap, or never arrived. I interpret this as QC issues. I've been told that buying used, where I can feel the item in hand to see which category it falls into is O.K., but not to order direct.

Dropzone... This is the heat! Due to the level of service, help, and quality product, I consider Brian (The owner) a friend. His stuff -is- expensive, but extremely well thought out, bomb proof with a waranty to match. Only buy his stuff when you know what you want, if you're wanting to try something out to see if it works for you, the sticker shock will probably negatively impact your experience. I loathe his website, it only has about half of what he sells, so I spend a great deal of time explaining my issues and then he says "Yes, we make that", I've only ever had to get one thing actually custom made out of seven 'custom' requests.

(Sort of a tangent here)
As for the quality/stitching of tactical nylon, do realize most of the bomb-proof stuff is so completely overbuilt it's just adding weight. Look up the 330D/500D 'revolution' going on, where you can shave off 5lb of nylon by building something lighter. yes, it wears out faster, but you can chase opponents in AStan for alot longer if everything you carry is as light as possible. Most of the 1000D with type type 69 thread is built to the specs of parachute rigging... do you honestly need your mag pouch to hold your bodyweight, especially with some shock loading? Yes, if you're wearing a riggers belt with personal lanyard (either for helicopter use, or dragging your buddy back while under fire). You really need to contact an expert to be able to give you the truth about many nylon items; we all can see how good the finish is... but is it going to hold up within expected parameters in the longer term?
(End of tangent)

Basically, best of luck! Could we get details of what you ordered? keep us updated.
Oborous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 15:37   #25
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oborous View Post
Felix Tactical... I have been warned off, I have never purchased from them and as of now, they do not currently make anything that I would need to purchase professionally. They've been small and their reputation for the problems you're talking about is pretty consistent; They're on the fence for being 'real steel' vs. 'airsoft grade'. In a couple of years, I could see some personal/airsoft purchases through them.

For the record (and because I don't feel like digging around for it) were there any items they actually produced -- besides the tiny handful of Italian (Vegetata) BDUs with iffy-looking quality stitching? Because all I'm aware off is some Krukspec rebrands, stuff with minor modifications (RAID mod, etc) and lots of Photoshop mockups.
Old June 4th, 2009, 16:44   #26
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
For the record (and because I don't feel like digging around for it) were there any items they actually produced -- besides the tiny handful of Italian (Vegetata) BDUs with iffy-looking quality stitching? Because all I'm aware off is some Krukspec rebrands, stuff with minor modifications (RAID mod, etc) and lots of Photoshop mockups.
The Vegetata probably isn't even made by him either. Soon after he 'came out ' with it, Vegetata flooded the market. Even ebaybanned has it now.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 18:09   #27
Oborous

Personally, I'm worried about Felix tacticals forums talking about Guy Cramer / Hyperstealth technologies.

I like that Felix Tactical is willing to go with odd ball camos, if you're willing to dial in a ghillie suit, why not the base layers.

Would love to see some vulcan camo http://soldiersystems.net/2008/11/29/vulcan-camo/

Oborous
Oborous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:13   #28
HardCoil

Send a message via ICQ to HardCoil Send a message via MSN to HardCoil Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoil
Does anybody have any contact information on Felix/TheCat?

Paypal doens't seem to care, as I got an automated response back about it not being something they would open a complaint ticket for.

With regards to DropZone. I have NO experience with their tactical nylon, so I can't comment on that. We bought only their very expensie ops uniforms line. As I said, all the pants we bought now have huge holes and split seams, due to the light fabric and the light single stiching. It's not because we trash our gear, as all our other uniforms just show normal wear and tear. It's JUST the ops pants that are falling apart. We got one set of pants (that split on the first day out) replaced, but gave up on this due to shipping costs.

Last edited by HardCoil; June 10th, 2009 at 05:24..
HardCoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:52   #29
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Does anybody have any contact information on Felix/TheCat?
WHOIS on his domain:

Quote:
[Querying whois.internic.net]
[Redirected to whois.tucows.com]
[Querying whois.tucows.com]
[whois.tucows.com]
Registrant:
Walter Ferguson
129 Du roi #3
Quebec City, Quebec G1K2V9
CA

Domain name: FELIXTACTIK.COM

Administrative Contact:
Ferguson, Walter felixtactik@hotmail.com
129 Du roi #3
CA
1-418-529-2201
Technical Contact:
Ferguson, Walter felixtactik@hotmail.com
129 Du roi #3
CA
1-418-529-2201

Registration Service Provider:
Canaca-com Inc., domain@canaca.com
905-275-0723
http://www.canaca.com
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 16-Feb-2008.
Record expires on 13-Feb-2011.
Record created on 13-Feb-2007.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
http://domainhelp.tucows.com

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.CANACA.NET
NS2.CANACA.NET

Domain status: ok

The closest phonebook entry (Canada411.ca) is for a "W Ferguson" at a different phone/address, which may or may not be him (it's the only match in Quebec though, so probably is him)
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:58   #30
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Drop Zone shit is the shit. I have an AK mag shingle from them that is the best design I have ever come across, after ALLOT of poor purchases.

Yes. You have been ripped off.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion