Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

BB Colour

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 5th, 2009, 21:41   #16
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Brian, the owner of TTAC is a supplier. There are also numerous other local suppliers for your convenience. Go to www.bbbastard.com for a list.
Old October 5th, 2009, 21:44   #17
m102404
Tys

Unless Brian's got a new toy and is giving it a test run...he usually has lots of BBs on hand.

Yes, TTAC3 is 0.20 only. It's tight/close enough that anything else is unnecessarily painful. The entire length of the area is just enough for the hopup to kick in on most rifles...so heavier weights for accuracy/distance doesn't really matter.

A bag of 0.20's will go a long way there. He's usually got some other weights (0.25/0.30's for sure...don't know about the others).

(note: I think he might have a bunch of bags of "junk" bbs (new discount ones that were a bad batch..not BBbastards) as well...perfect for grenades)
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 22:00   #18
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
i use white simply for the reason that i am able to see them. i guess if i played a winter game, i would use black. and indoor, i would use tracer. but that aside, i use white only for visibility reasons. the only reason why i haven't bought your heavy bbs is cause they dont come in white.
The Bastard 0.36g come in a pale green colour, and they are easy to see out to about 150ft-175ft, depending on the light, which for my eyes is about the same as white BBs.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 22:02   #19
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
An RS MG belt has them every 12-14 rounds, IIRC... though that may have just been in aircraft.

Also, white BB's are a bitch in winter. You can't see where nothing is going!
These days it's actually 1 in 4 that is a tracer, maybe 1 in 5, but for most usage, it's every fourth round is a tracer.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 22:04   #20
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
you mean .36 and .40?
ya sorry. i read too fast and thought the OP was you. but that is correct. i wish they came in white. i wouldn't mind trying them out in my Kar98k for now, i use .30, which rock, but heavier could be better.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 22:37   #21
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Unless Brian's got a new toy and is giving it a test run...he usually has lots of BBs on hand.

Yes, TTAC3 is 0.20 only. It's tight/close enough that anything else is unnecessarily painful. The entire length of the area is just enough for the hopup to kick in on most rifles...so heavier weights for accuracy/distance doesn't really matter.

A bag of 0.20's will go a long way there. He's usually got some other weights (0.25/0.30's for sure...don't know about the others).

(note: I think he might have a bunch of bags of "junk" bbs (new discount ones that were a bad batch..not BBbastards) as well...perfect for grenades)
Alright, thanks for that answer regarding BB usage for CQB. For CAPS should I use 0.25 white or black BBs? A little while ago I posted a thread asking what weight BBs I should use and some people were saying they used 0.25g, others were saying 0.28g were good. I need one answer so I can fly with it, lol.
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 22:51   #22
L473ncy

Either or is good. I mean I use .25's outdoors so for CAPS you're probably good with that however at the same time .28's should give you a tighter grouping even if they travel slower it's not like theres that much of a difference since the distances to the targets are so short.

In short .25's are probably good enough but .28's are what you should probably be using.
Old October 5th, 2009, 22:57   #23
Slono
Slow mo.

Alright, thanks. I'll get a couple bags of 0.28g BBs to practice with for CAPS and stick with 0.20g BBs for CQB (TTAC3).
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:48   #24
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

.25 is fine for caps
Old October 6th, 2009, 02:44   #25
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
.25 is fine for caps
That's what I've been told by ILLusion, 0.25g BBs would work with my setup. I don't have an open class gun, and perhaps that's the reason why (because it doesn't chrony at 8000 fps). But I would really like to know why some people use 0.25g BBs and others use 0.28g BBs. What is the REAL difference between them?
Old October 6th, 2009, 03:54   #26
Con Murder

Okay you wanna know the reason people upgrade to heavey bbs? Its cuz when a bb of .20 gram weight is shot at 330fps it is accurate for X distance. Take that same gun and shoot .28 gram bbs and it will be more accurate for X minus 10-15 feet. Take the .20 gram bb and shoot it at 380fps and it is now unstable in flight and accurate for X yet flies another 10-15 feet unpredictably. With the same 380fps shoot the .28 gram, it flies accurate for X plus 10 feet.

The hypothetical variance is just that, a variance. By no means is that data precise in its form but it is accurate. The facts stand firm with this and though I use .25 gram in a 380fps gun I see my need for .28 or .30 gram bbs. It comes down to the gun and its opperational prime. We often look to the standards set by our peers but forget that our peers all have different tools.
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:04   #27
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
.28g tends to be favored by outdoor players in environments with foliage - .28g retains more kinetic energy and "punches" bushes and leaves better. They also group better. I like doing 3 round bursts and with .28g or .30g in outdoors, its a good combination if you've got a gun riding the 400fps/.20g level.

I suspect CAPS players favor the accuracy of a heavier weight - better groupings when you're trying to cross the T.
Old October 6th, 2009, 18:47   #28
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
These days it's actually 1 in 4 that is a tracer, maybe 1 in 5, but for most usage, it's every fourth round is a tracer.
hmm.. guess I recalled incorrectly.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 17:04   #29
Goge

Send a message via MSN to Goge
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian guy View Post
I have a pack of black BBs and they almost look white while they are flying towards the target.

I find it weird that they are so visible while in flight that i recheck my mag to be sure that i am not shooting white loads
I've noticed this too. What I suspect is happening is the black bbs are a lot "Shinier" then the white bbs and what we are see is the strong sunlight shining off the bbs as they fly. I've noticed this playing this summer at the outdoor games. I haven't used any black bbs at an indoors cqb game but I wonder if the lights would shine off the bbs like the sun does.
Old October 9th, 2009, 00:12   #30
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goge View Post
I've noticed this too. What I suspect is happening is the black bbs are a lot "Shinier" then the white bbs and what we are see is the strong sunlight shining off the bbs as they fly. I've noticed this playing this summer at the outdoor games. I haven't used any black bbs at an indoors cqb game but I wonder if the lights would shine off the bbs like the sun does.
What brand are these BBs? And does it only shine lots when you're outdoors?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank