Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Jg m16 help

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 1st, 2009, 12:21   #1
OneArmedPanda

Send a message via MSN to OneArmedPanda
Jg m16 help

looking to uprade my jg m16 but not sure what to get. im was thinkin a tightbore barrel.. maybe a metal body but i doubt i can buy that in canada, also im only 17 but i could get my brother in law to buy it.

can you guys recommend me some parts worth buying for an affordable price? i seen this conversion kit but i dont think i can order it off this site but id like something simaler

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-s...version/Detail

I Make signatures.. Ask me if you want one made
OneArmedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 12:34   #2
Darklen
Administrator

First, please fill in the rest of you profile, especially your location, so the right people can give you the right advise.

Second, purchasing of parts on ASC requires the purchaser to be Age Verified as +18. Having you brother AV'd then buying for you is a good way to get banned for circumventing the AV process. The AV process in no way guarantees maturity, but at that age you are solely and legally responsible for your actions. You can find out about Age Verfication here.

Now to your questions. Tighbore barrels are not retricted parts so anyone can import them. They are fairly simple to install and are, IMO, the best upgrade for your dollar. Metal bodies are restricted, requiring special permits to legal import, so if you were to order one, it would most certainly get seized and destroyed by CBSA with no compensation. The foreend kit you posted the link to would probably destroy your plastic JG body (due to the weight of it), providing it's even compatable, but would fit onto a metal body easily and make the AEG pretty solid.

As for where to get them, as you're not AV'd, this site is out, but Google is your friend.
Old January 1st, 2009, 13:09   #3
OneArmedPanda

ok well i live in port colborne ontario, its near niagara falls. umm.. il be 18 in march and then i can get age verified right? i really want to get into playing at fields and stuff and i already have a gun to play with, its a jg m16 its not much but like i said im willing to upgrade it and make it better. can you recommend any good parts worth buying and the what they do to my gun.. of course im a newbie at this stuff so any help would be awesome.

Old January 1st, 2009, 15:09   #4
The Saint

Recommendation is more mags, if all you have is the one that the gun came with.

Otherwise, leave the upgrades alone until you've actually played enough to know what sorts of improvements you want.
Old January 1st, 2009, 17:14   #5
OneArmedPanda

alright thanks alot.. i deffinatly think i need more mags too.. probablly like 3 or 4 extra ones.

Old January 1st, 2009, 18:18   #6
Darklen
Administrator

Agreed. Far tooo many new players are upgrading or buying preupgraded guns with no idea of what they are doing. FPS is not the be all end all of the sport. Learning how to use what you have is far more important. As far as mags go, try to hook up with the teams in your area and see what they use/allow. For some teams, using hicaps is ok, for others, they don't allow them or very much discourage their use. Hicaps tend to turn a rifle into a SAW really fast and it ruins the realism part of the game, in addition to not teaching new players fire control as they can just pin the trigger and let it rip. Personally, I prefer lowcaps (68 round for armalites) and carry 13 in my loadout. Midcaps are a decent compromise, holding about 100-150 rounds depending on the gun/mag type and make. Armalite hicaps hold 300 rounds.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 08:36   #7
Brit ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneArmedPanda View Post
ok well i live in port colborne ontario, its near niagara falls. umm.. il be 18 in march and then i can get age verified right? i really want to get into playing at fields and stuff and i already have a gun to play with, its a jg m16 its not much but like i said im willing to upgrade it and make it better. can you recommend any good parts worth buying and the what they do to my gun.. of course im a newbie at this stuff so any help would be awesome.
There is only one field and one team in the Niagara Region and thats our team and we play at "Aussie paint ball "And I own a JG m-16A2 and have upgraded it buy putting a Systema barrel in it ,it now fires at 400 FPS!

Last edited by Brit ter; January 3rd, 2009 at 08:38..
Brit ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:15   #8
kalnaren

Quote:
I sit with the other guys here. Play with it until you know what needs to be upgraded. I'm not sure about JG internals -you might want to consider steel bushings and/or spring guides if it doesn't have them already, but I'd class these as "reliability upgrades". As far as "performance upgrades" are concerned, leave it alone until you know what it needs. And as for mags, if you're using 68-rounds ones, consider getting between 5 and 7, maybe more. Otherwise you'll be finding yourself reloading magazines a lot.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; January 3rd, 2009 at 10:19..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:49   #9
Karnage

Send a message via MSN to Karnage
depending on how old the JG is that he bought it could already be pre upgraded, but many people have stated that the older versions are actually more stable, even with the plastic bushings. Most likely has to be credited towards the stock fps they shoot out of the box. Pre 2008 models usually fired around 330fps, the 2008 and post fire on average at 390fps-400fps and some have even been chronied at 450fps out of the box.

http://www.torontoairsoft.com : Free shipping on Orders over $300!

Sorry I can no longer keep up with PMs. Please use the contact form on the website to reach TorontoAirsoft.com staff.
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:22   #10
kalnaren

450 is insane. I have no idea how a stock AEG could survive on that.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old January 3rd, 2009, 15:11   #11
OneArmedPanda

Ive got a 300 round hicap on my m16 but it runs out pretty fast. i also need alot more bbs. but yeah i need some more mags and i agree with you and thankyou guys for the help.

Old January 3rd, 2009, 15:40   #12
Brit ter

Quote:
Ive got a 300 round hicap on my m16 but it runs out pretty fast. i also need alot more bbs. but yeah i need some more mags and i agree with you and thankyou guys for the help.
"BB" Basterd or velocityarms BB,s !
Old January 4th, 2009, 09:34   #13
kalnaren

Quote:
Cool. I recommend low-caps myself (68-round mags). They help teach good trigger restraint (because you don't have tons of rounds), and having a mag run out in the middle of a firefight is FUN. Reloading under fire is unbelieveably fun. For me personally airsoft loses something when using all high-caps.

Quote:
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:03   #14
grantmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Cool. I recommend low-caps myself (68-round mags). They help teach good trigger restraint (because you don't have tons of rounds), and having a mag run out in the middle of a firefight is FUN. Reloading under fire is unbelieveably fun. For me personally airsoft loses something when using all high-caps.
This is SO true. There is nothing like trying to get as low-profile as possible while changing out a mag under fire.
Moreover you get to think about your mag change strategy. Do you do a reload with a partial mag remaining because you suspect things are about to hit the fan? Do you retain that mag or come back for it?
It's things like this that make airsoft the awesome game that it is. Of course more mags also equals a reason to buy some highspeed gear as well.
Cheers,
Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 16:33   #15
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmac View Post
This is SO true. There is nothing like trying to get as low-profile as possible while changing out a mag under fire.
Moreover you get to think about your mag change strategy. Do you do a reload with a partial mag remaining because you suspect things are about to hit the fan? Do you retain that mag or come back for it?
It's things like this that make airsoft the awesome game that it is. Of course more mags also equals a reason to buy some highspeed gear as well.
Cheers,
Grant
Definetly. SOO many times I'm like 'Hmm, I think I have 20 rounds left in this mag.. but I hear a lot of gunfire up ahead... a shit, only one full mag left..WHAT DO I DO!?!?

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank