Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CAm15a4 vs tm16a2

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 22nd, 2006, 20:39   #1
gaven555

CAm15a4 vs tm16a2

I understand that the classic army m15a4 has hands down the best external build over the TM m16a2. however, i keep getting opposite answers when i ask which has better interals. Some people say that the classic army m15a4 will last me longer than tokyo marui and will take upgrades better, and other people claim that classic army is terrible and have been known to break within a year.

I am very confused when it comes to internal quality with these guns and am looking for any help i can get. Thanks for your interest!! :cheers:
gaven555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 20:43   #2
the end

i know some people who have never had a problem with CA guns, but not having owned one myself i cannot say.

as for the Tm M16, lets just say it left more to be desired. i wasnt very happy with the gun and sold it soon after.

if you want a good M16 style gun go for the ICS M16A3, its a great gun and i have never had problems with it plus it has the removable carry handle witch is a nice option
the end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 21:52   #3
attack-beaver

a friend of mine had a TM M16 a now owns a M14A4 carbine. pm evilmonkey here on the bored and he'll tell you about the difference.
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:21   #4
thephenom

Internal wise, you can pretty much say they are both very reliable. On the TM, you should change the bushings to metals bushings. The whole CA break within a year was when CA first came into airsoft, over the years, they have improved and now are considered the top manufacturer along with TM.

External wise, you can pretty much say CA wins hands down for being full metal. (Though I'm sure some will disagree)

Overall, take your pick, both CA and TM makes great guns.
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:54   #5
Gryphon

Getting a full size TM M16 is silly. You wouldn't have to aim because you could torque the barrel left and right and just hose the area down. If you thought barrel wobble was bad on the M4...

CA internals are fine. For starters the bushings are metal, so is the spring guide. The gearbox is supposedly "reinforced" but a V2 is a V2 is a V2. Try to stick a Systema M160 into it and you'll get the same results (broken) as with a TM. The spring is also stronger in a stock CA by anywhere from 10-30fps depending on the gun.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion