Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

upgrading a g36 c and need some help with getting the spring off

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 22nd, 2006, 14:20   #1
2nd battalion 2LT

upgrading a g36 c and need some help with getting the spring off

Hello all as my title says I have the gear box apart just fine and cylinder in hand. I guess that what you call this thing any. Who's it's the white plastic thing with the spring attatched unlike my famas where it screws off to get the spring out. I can't figure out how to get this one out i have the replacement spring just need to get the original spring out any help would be appreciated .
2nd battalion 2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 15:01   #2
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
unscrew the cylinder head from the cylinder, then remove the bock holding the spring in place, then reassemble piston head.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 15:29   #3
Identity
Banned

Hey Goldman can you go on msn, I need some help and want to ask you about upgrading a G36C.
Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 19:39   #4
2nd battalion 2LT

Tried that

that was the first thing I tried it turns but i don't think it's unscrewing I'm not sure if it's stripped or does it just take a long time to twist the psiton head off the piston head is on the end right ? any how I think I'm going to need someone who can put this thing back togther any how
Old August 22nd, 2006, 20:16   #5
porry
Banned

with a stock cylinder i think that you need to cut a bit of plastic to get the screw, i dont remember where i found the link at, but i will check. Theres a guide that tells you how to replace the spring, atleast thats how it is for a V2
porry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 20:18   #6
porry
Banned

http://www.airsoftplayers.com/mechbox/tutorial.asp there is the link for you, thats how the cylinder head is taken off on a V2. Its way down the page
Old August 22nd, 2006, 23:37   #7
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
you dont actually need to murder the piston head, just pull slightly on the piston head as you unscrew, and it should work.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 07:37   #8
2nd battalion 2LT

All right I have switched the springs now I'm having trouble compressing the spring

yes more issues the upgraded spring is extremly hard to compress it get's about a third of the 3/4 of the way compressed then it snaps out sending springs and the like every where ?? how dose one compress a spring and spring guide so they stay put .. I read that helpfull tutorial but there was nothing about compresing your spring back in ??
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:24   #9
HaZarD SFD

Talking

use a screwdriver small enough to fit into the spring guide and put that into the end
of the spring. Now as you put the spring into the gun hold down the middle section
with your other hand so it doesnt eject back out. You will have to keep your hand
there till you put the other half of the mechbox on.

Note:
dont even bother putting the spring in till you have everything else ready. I.E. the
gear that pushes on the tappett plate is moved back so no pressure is on the gear,
the trigger assembly is all put back together, All the gears have the shimms and
bearings on them (not on the mecbox as they tend to fall out when putting the
mechbox back together), make sure the cylinder port is near the back of the gun.

Now you can put the spring in and well HAVE FUN!

Oh and be careful, those spring guides can shoot father than your gun sometimes!!! :-D
Old August 23rd, 2006, 12:15   #10
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Of course it's hard to install. You're installing an M160.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 21:05   #11
jtf2-phalanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion
8-O You're joking right?!?! I have a helluva time just installing an M130. I swear to god, I'm going to irradiate my upper body so I can grow another arm to help install Systema springs. And yes, my spring guide shot across the room and back again with this spring. :lol:
Old August 27th, 2006, 18:14   #12
shadow1911
Banned

Send a message via MSN to shadow1911
Coming from his third hand. I got hit in the head with the spring guide, wile we were trying to install it. It left a mark.

Needless to say, after about the 16th try, we failed misarably and broke the spring guide. And the spring who knows where that went.
shadow1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 03:17   #13
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2-phalanx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion
8-O You're joking right?!?! I have a helluva time just installing an M130. I swear to god, I'm going to irradiate my upper body so I can grow another arm to help install Systema springs. And yes, my spring guide shot across the room and back again with this spring. :lol:
Not kidding. That was the spring information he sent to me in a PM.

With the right tools and dexterity, it actually isn't too hard to install. I've successfully installed an M140 before without too much difficulty. Just have to have all your fingers on different parts of the gearbox, spring, spring guide, cylinder, tappet plate and sector gear to keep it all together as you reassemble it.

I've never successfully installed anything stronger than an M140 because nobody has been insane enough to come to me to try such an upgrade.

I think it's safe to say that if you're trying an upgrade like this and you're asking for help on how to do it... you REALLY shouldn't be doing it.
It's like my sister asking an online forum how to install a twin turbo and nitrous oxide into her Toyota Echo...
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 06:15   #14
Greylocks

Where the hell does he expect to use a gun with an M160?
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 16:18   #15
porry
Banned

anybody ever cracked a g36 mechbox? I figure an m160 will do it fairly easily lol. Thank god it isnt an armalite, that would be a RETARDED upgrade.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner