Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need advices for buying my first gun.

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 14th, 2012, 17:02   #16
Viper717

Thanks for the quick response guys, two more questions.
Polycarbonate vs metal bodies; are the metal ones that much better?
&
Any thoughts/comments about Javelin metal AEG?

Thanks

Last edited by Viper717; March 14th, 2012 at 17:04..
Viper717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 17:04   #17
coach
aka coachster

Metal is cooler but plastic is just fine for a first gun.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 17:12   #18
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper717 View Post
&

Thanks
If you want to know more there is a airsoft convention this Saturday in Toronto there will be lots of retailers whoring out their products, you can feel them up before you commit to purchase. If Saturday don't work for you feel free to drop into Toronto Airsoft they have some nice starter gun that you can feel up.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 17:14   #19
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
usually requires an allen key to take it off small allen screw usually on the new guns for the flash hider
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 17:25   #20
j_march

sorry by bad, I didnt look to see if he was age verified yet.
Old March 14th, 2012, 17:33   #21
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberclad View Post
Hi everyone , for this year i wanted to try out airsoft . I played lots of '' Gun games '' before but after reading and watching videos about airsofts for almost 2 years i finally wanted to buy my first gun to be game ready.

After reading a lot my first choices would be the G&G MP5 SD or A4 (338-378$). But I also found this classic Army M15A4 CQB, X-Series for 390$
I can't make a choice , I read that G&G is overpriced in Canada .

Are there any other weapon that I could look into??.

M.D
Avoid G&G and ICS halfbreeds. Actually, avoid all halfbreeds. Simply put they're not worth the price.

I'm not a huge fan of G&G guns. Not because they're terrible guns per se, I just happen to believe there is better out there for a similar price.

As for M4 vs. MP5, I highly suggest you go hold and handle both guns first. They're of similar length but feel very different and have different layouts. Personally, I'm not a fan of how M4s feel but I rather like MP5s.

Quote:
Great thanks , yeah I contacted someone who can do it , just waiting for a response hehe . thanks for the advices. I need to decide between MP5 and M4 but a question i got , with an MP5 will i get the same distances when shooting than with a M4?
Most AEGs have similar effective range when stock. With few exceptions, any differences are small -like 20'-30' kind of small.

Most AEGs can also be upgraded to shoot to similar levels.. I've seen MP5SD's that are absolute precision beam cannons effective to 200' or more.

From any decent stock AEG you can reasonably expect engagement distances of 80'-150' (dependent on conditions and ammo selection, and a few other factors). Some AEGs you can expect a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper717 View Post
&

Thanks
Let me put it this way... good quality plastic bodies are fine if you're not rough with your gun... but even low quality metal is superior. Poor quality plastic bodies (as found on most halfbreed guns) are complete shit and should be avoided at all costs.

The other thing to consider is that you're usually only looking at another $100 or so for a metal bodied gun over it's plastic bodied sibling... later upgrading said sibling is probably going to cost you $200+ for the body plus a whole headache of fitment issues.

I'm very much of the opinion that you should you buy the best AEG you can afford first (leaving room in your budget for the other accessories you need, like mags, battery, charger, boots and eye protection, etc.). Get lower quality guns later when you have an AEG you KNOW will work.

Just my $0.02

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 19:15   #22
Amberclad

Yeah as for looks I prefer the MP5 if I go for the vibe of the MP5 , I don't know if you can tell me since im not AV but wich brand has some nice MP5 , I only saw G&G ones.

Thanks for the replies everyone it helps
Amberclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 19:26   #23
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

The Umarex ones are G&G internals with full trades externals.

CA makes MP5's.
VFC makes a GBBR one.
ICS Mp5's are great.
TM MP5s can be found are the best bet for internals IMHO.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 19:29   #24
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_march View Post
sorry by bad, I didnt look to see if he was age verified yet.
Dosen't matter if the op is verified or not it's the section your post is in. EVERY non av'ed member can see what you posted.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 20:55   #25
Amberclad

Are A&K , KWA and ARES well rated ???

like the KWA / ARES G36C or A&K SR25K.

Last edited by Amberclad; March 14th, 2012 at 21:11..
Old March 14th, 2012, 21:47   #26
SMIC4

It really depends what you're looking for. If I had enough money, I'd just get something I thought looked cool, throw it at a gun doc and let him deal with it. Unfortunately I don't, so I try to be as cheap as possible. So for me, airsoft and gun doctoring is one and the same. Maintenance and repair is inevitable so don't cheap out on guns! The cheaper brands will cost you the same or more than a nicer brand in the long run.

Because I do everything myself, I want it to be as hassle free as possible. That why I would only recommend two guns: TM p90 or G&G fn2000. Open the back, unscrew two screws and the mech box pops out! Shimming a version 6 is really easy because of the motor cage, you can easily get the motor alignment perfect! P90 is compact and light even with a silencer. Only downside is the magazine! They're hard to find and typically not as cheap as m4 mags. Also getting pouches for them at a reasonable price is a bitch. I've never used an FN2000 so I technically shouldn't be recommending it but I've read great things about it and it's easy to maintain! Fn2000 takes m4 mags so that's a big plus!

Regardless of what you choose, I highly recommend staying with a gun that has TM compatible parts. When something breaks down, you'll have a much easier time finding something within your budget!
SMIC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 22:00   #27
kalnaren

Quote:
Are A&K , KWA and ARES well rated ???

like the KWA / ARES G36C or A&K SR25K.
G36 is an excellent newbie gun, but not the ARES version. ARES uses proprietary parts that are a bitch to get. The KWA one is excellent, but only the full-black one. The body on the clear one is very weak and I'm not convinced it will hold up for long terms use.

IMHO the best G36 to pick up is the Classic Army version. Body is excellent and internals are fine. The G36 is easy to disassemble and the Version 3 mechbox is robust and fairly easy to work on.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 07:53   #28
Amberclad

I have found a G&G FN2000+ACOG for 454$ at Torontoairsoft.ca is the price good?

As for G36C for now I can only see the KWA one since im not AV yet.

For the SR25 from A&K? Other question is can you add a scope to a M4 that doesnt have a rail?
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:50   #29
bigbuzz666

Send a message via MSN to bigbuzz666
Quote:
Other question is can you add a scope to a M4 that doesnt have a rail?
What do you mean? Are you talking about a m4 that doesn't have a detachable carry handle? If so, than yes, there are some rails you can install on that carry handle so you can install a scope...
Old March 15th, 2012, 09:10   #30
Amberclad

Yeah i meant on the carry handle like the first version of the M4 without the RIS system along the barrel.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank