Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Question about negative feedback

:

General

Old May 4th, 2006, 02:14   #1
Gonepostal

Question about negative feedback

Is it proper to leave negative sales feedback in this case.
Seller recieve PM from buyer saying he is interested and wants a shipping quote.
Seller asks for address to get quote says he will get back to him in a day.
Seller gets real busy and 5 days later hasn't given a quote yet.
Buyer gives negative feedback based on the delayed shipping quote.
There is no confirmed sale nor any money exchanged hands.

Opinions?
Gonepostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 02:22   #2
Cheesevillage

WTF. If the seller doesn't want to sell the items he doesnt have to. Sure 5 days is bad, but when no money or items has exchanged hands negative feedback is just retarded.
I could NEARLY (emphasis on nearly) understand negative feedback if it were a retailer, but even retailers have lives too!

No rude interactions?
Nothing exchanged?

The "buyer" can just eff off.

-Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 03:03   #3
attack-beaver

to be the only time negative feed back should be left if a deal went south if its just a general inqury then no feedback should be left like if it was the other way around would the buyer want to get negative feed back cause it took to long to send his address its a quote nothing more nothing less.
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 03:13   #4
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
On the other hand, the potential seller could see the seller as a 'flaker'.

Keep in mind just how many of you give negative feedback if someone flakes.
Old May 4th, 2006, 03:24   #5
nutboi

i'm kind of in a simular situation, but i'm not going to leave a feedback but i might get one.
nutboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 07:19   #6
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Right an explaination and quick answer is best I once got tired of waiting a buyer and just sold the damn thing, it was like 7 days and no reply.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:10   #7
thephenom

If shipping is delayed, that would deserve a negative feedback, but slow on shipping quote doesn't since there isn't an agreement between buyer and seller.

However, if a seller refuses to sell after agreeing to a price because of a higher offer, then a negative feedback is warranted. (ie Not Honouring prices)

It would be nice to see all threads in the Buy/Sell section required to list a sellng price to prevent this kind of auction typed selling.
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:21   #8
Gcoap

Re: batteries

(Gcoap wrote:
i would be interested in the Large Type 3000mah battery that you have for sale, if no one has grabed it alrady.

Gonepostal wrote:Yeah they are still availible.
Let me know where you want it shipped to so I can give you a quote.

Shipping would be to this address
my address here

i would be able to do a DD first thing monday morning.)

i showed that i wanted to buy it
that was the last PM i got from him nothing about getting busy.
I dont know about you guys but if some one takes 5 days to get a shipping quote I think its bad news.
Gcoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:27   #9
GraveTech

Send a message via MSN to GraveTech
Why not neutral feedback? That is an option as well.
GraveTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:30   #10
Gcoap

It is but after the last few pm's i got indicating becuse of his low prices he felt like he can dick ya around negative seams to be the right option.
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:31   #11
sherlockbonez

I wouldn't give a feed back at all in this situation. I only leave -ve if someone doesnt ship something after being paid/ product arrived in worse condition than described.
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:38   #12
alex_c_t

i would check to see if he gave negative feedback to people who flaked out on him. imho the trader rating should only be used for completed trades so it is only fair: if the seller leaves neg feedback for flaking buyers, its only fair to leave neg feedback for a flaking buyer.

6 months and im still waiting for a shipping quote after an item was confirmed as available and a transaction agreed on.
alex_c_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:53   #13
thephenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcoap
Re: batteries

(Gcoap wrote:
i would be interested in the Large Type 3000mah battery that you have for sale, if no one has grabed it alrady.

Gonepostal wrote:Yeah they are still availible.
Let me know where you want it shipped to so I can give you a quote.

Shipping would be to this address
my address here

i would be able to do a DD first thing monday morning.)

i showed that i wanted to buy it
that was the last PM i got from him nothing about getting busy.
I dont know about you guys but if some one takes 5 days to get a shipping quote I think its bad news.
As I said before, you two weren't in a COMMITTED state. ie If he offered you $30 S&H, you'd probably backed away from the deal.

If everyone here start leaving negative feedbacks for flakey buyer/seller, the whole system would be messed. Their feedback would only show their indecisiveness, but not their trading ethics.
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:59   #14
Gcoap

It does show there trading ethics it shows that they flaked, does not matter at what stage they flake, they still flaked. Or in this case thinks its ok to dick around becuse he offers low prices.
Old May 4th, 2006, 12:05   #15
Gryphon

That negative feedback ought to be removed. The system is intended to provide public details about a buyer and seller after a transaction has occured, not a potential buyer or seller for something that hasn't happened yet unless the violations are particularly egregious.

Gcoap is in the wrong for leaving negative feedback for the sole reason that he wasn't responded to promptly. How do you know his mother didn't die in a horrible car crash and he was 1000 km away attending her funeral? If you were so concerned about purchasing his product you ought to have sent him another message asking if he'd received the previous one, that at least would have demonstrated something of a commitment to making a purchase. However by the sounds of it no other efforts were made on YOUR behalf to establish further communications, you just jumped to a hasty conclusion and utilized a tool which, by most standards, you hadn't the right to use yet.

I hope a mod is able to clear Gonepostal's record of this asinine charge.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General