Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&P M120 Motor internal set-up

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 31st, 2012, 10:49   #1
Bubbahoetep

G&P M120 Motor internal set-up

Just wondering if anyone who uses a G&P M120 would mind sharing there "set-up" and why they use that specific set-up.

I run a Kingarms M4 with 9.6v NiMh, will my gears/piston will be able to handle the new motor?

Please share your concerns and knowledge!
Old July 31st, 2012, 13:48   #2
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

It's a pretty weak motor overall in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't have very much torque and the speed is only so-so. In terms of performance it's just a couple of steps above the TM EG1000

AFAIK it's a ferrous magnet motor, so your stock internals should be fine.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 15:44   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

speaking of motors stealth... I was reading up on lonex motors and I was thinking of putting an a2 in my p90.

I only have a 120ish spring and a metal rack piston with full aoe job, my only concern is running it with my 15c and 20c lipos. Will the motor run properly on such a low output?
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 16:05   #4
IggysPiggy

i have used several of them in the past, for a sub 360fps gun on reg gears there ok, snappy enough with 9.6. i wouldnt pair em with any other gearset tho if thats as big a bat as you use. ive tried em on a lipo setup too with reg gears and it was fast enough not to warrant highspeed gearsbe installed.

Ive never tried to use one in a higher fps gun as i prefer the trigger response of a torque neo motor on a lipo.

lurking your 15c's is enough to power those motors without issues your system shouldnt draw that much assuming no issues internally, wiring or fet.
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 16:09   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

cool, I'll order one up soon enough.
Old July 31st, 2012, 16:31   #6
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

It's not ideal as the motor does draw quite a few amps (at least based on the spec sheet Lonex has given us). but HEY, I do it all the time, because I don't want to run a large battery inside a full stock or in the handguards.

It depends on the mah on your lipo battery. A 2000mah 15c lipo can supply 30amps safely, the Lonex Orange draws up to 18amps at its peak efficiency and up to 38amps at its max power output.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the P90 dimensions to give you a specific battery recommendation.

With regards to the G&P motor powering an SP120 spring, I wouldn't exceed that as the motor isn't very torquey at all. It also heats up quite quickly.
Old July 31st, 2012, 16:56   #7
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the hobbyking 11v 20c 3 panel turnigy nano battery is about as large as I can fit into the p90... there might be a slightly higher discharge version but I think they're all 1800mah.
Old July 31st, 2012, 17:19   #8
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

With regards to the G&P motor powering an SP120 spring, I wouldn't exceed that as the motor isn't very torquey at all. It also heats up quite quickly.
Didn't i just buy one of these off you DOh
Also "It's a pretty weak motor overall in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't have very much torque and the speed is only so-so. In terms of performance it's just a couple of steps above the TM EG1000" lol
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 23:33   #9
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Lugnuts View Post
Didn't i just buy one of these off you DOh
Also "It's a pretty weak motor overall in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't have very much torque and the speed is only so-so. In terms of performance it's just a couple of steps above the TM EG1000" lol
Yup. Based on your performance goals (specifically ROF and FPS) where you said "sub 400 and ROF does not matter" the G&P M120 is perfectly fine and will help your internals last a long time.

I'm comparing it up against the likes of the Lonex A2 orange or one of the custom motors I'm starting to build (ferrous armature in a neo can) that I use to power my high power gun with 13:1 gears.

Hey, we'd be happy to sell you a Lonex motor for more $$, but you wanted honest performance advice based on your needs!
Old July 31st, 2012, 23:42   #10
XZIVR

Relevant parts for my setup:

King Arms m4 gearbox shell
M120 motor
AWS Raptor MOSFET
11.1v 3300mah 30C 3 cell lipo
Stock KA standard ratio gears short stroked by 3 teeth
Swiss cheesed SHS piston
M110 spring

290FPS (CQB limit is 320) @ 38 BPS

My reasoning was I had decent results with a G&P M120 in my AK and was already over budget on this build. Figured I'd grab a G&P M120 and use it til it dies and then spring for something else. Only problem is it hasnt died yet. :P

For the money I'd say it's a plenty decent motor all things considered.
XZIVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 05:08   #11
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

No worries... I was kinda poking a little fun, i'm more than happy with the purchases that i have made with you.
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications