Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

JG HK 416 Review

:

Reviews

Old March 14th, 2008, 22:58   #136
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Maybe in brand and materials, but whatever you heard either was entirely unclear so that you could not understand or was just flat out wrong. Armalites all use version 2 mechboxes. Minus the armalite PTW but thats a diffrent story and the semi unreliable madbull co2 mechbox. If theres a diffrence in gears its probly brand or materials, but its all the same design.

That shim lay out linked is a decent pic, but every shimming experience is diffrent, when we reshimmed my 416, it looked nothing like that set up at all.
Since 2 of the systema bushings I had did not sit flush in the mechbox.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 23:02   #137
pawscal
I think what he meant is that the jg 416 have jg new systema clone mechbox. Not a bad box once bushings and a correct shim job is done.
Old March 14th, 2008, 23:13   #138
dragwindsor

Send a message via MSN to dragwindsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawscal View Post
I think what he meant is that the jg 416 have jg new systema clone mechbox. Not a bad box once bushings and a correct shim job is done.
That's what I meant, thanks

dragwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 01:42   #139
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Just received mine. HOLY HOTSHIT BATMAN!! This thing shoots HOT....

465.5!!!!!
Was that a bone stock mechbox or had you re-greased it? That's a huge variation of speeds, I'm wondering; did anybody notice there JG was more consistent when it was re-greased?

-Cushak
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 03:21   #140
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushak View Post
Was that a bone stock mechbox or had you re-greased it? That's a huge variation of speeds, I'm wondering; did anybody notice there JG was more consistent when it was re-greased?

-Cushak
I haven't opened the mechbox yet. Gonna wait till I get some metal bushings before I downgrade the spring. When I do I'll clean and regrease it at the same time as I do the other stuff. I don't plan on gaming this thing anytime soon anyway.

Well, other than 2 of the 5 shots being off (one being low, and the other stupidly high), the rest were pretty consistent at around 425 plus or minus 8 fps, which is pretty consistent (+- 1.9%) . The 414.13 one was a bit low, but it's that 456.5 that surprised the shit outta me. That's really high.

I can imagine with a weaker spring, metal bushings and a good shim and regrease job, it would be much more consistent.
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:46   #141
desiredtoe

I got mine today. Already peeled it out of the box and everything. I am impressed with the quality and look of the plastic body. Gun feels very sturdy. Only dissapointed in the feel of the stock.

Oh, and the battery is now firmly STUCK in the gun. I can't get it out. I'll just need to keep pulling away - I am replacing the battery anyway so if I tear any of the wiring I won't care.

Anyone want to help me with how to remove the crane stock? If I take it off, I can get the battery out.

Last edited by desiredtoe; March 17th, 2008 at 13:11..
desiredtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 13:35   #142
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Disconnect the batts, pull down on the grippy at the base of the stock that lets you slide it back and forth, pull it all the way down and remove that part of the stock directly off the buffer tube. Remove the back cover and get a pen you should be able to push the batteries out.

I found the batteries that came with the gun did not fit very well in the stock either, either bad stock or crap batteries Im leaning towards a combo of both.

Old March 17th, 2008, 13:41   #143
desiredtoe

Thanks for the help.

Sadly, in my stupidity I got the battery deeper into the gun. I thought removing the stock would help - not really. It's in the metal part that the stock slides on. How do you remove that?
Old March 17th, 2008, 13:54   #144
desiredtoe

Nevermind! I managed to get the battery out after taking the stock off with a little difficulty using pliers. The battery is almost destroyed though - good thing I planned on buying a new one.

Thanks for the help Tokyo!
Old March 17th, 2008, 14:00   #145
Qlong
Division

Yeah those batteries are a bitch to get out if you shove them in too much. It least it doesn't slide around in there.

Weee!
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 14:16   #146
Crunchmeister

I don't like the fit of the battery in the stock either. However, I love the look and feel of the stock. And I can't fully collapse it with the battery in.

I think I may install a full stock on the 416 and use a large battery, paint the 416 stock OD, and install it on my C8. Screw it if it's not 100% accurate to the real C8. I'll still keep the C8 front-wired as it is now with the 9.6V nunchuck in the foregrip. I like it a lot better than the stock TM retractable stock in terms of feel.
Old March 17th, 2008, 14:46   #147
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Hurricane makes a 417 style stock, its pricey but very nice quality. Although the JG batt fits like crap in that stock too.

Old March 17th, 2008, 15:10   #148
Crunchmeister

I was considering that Hurricane stock, but after seeing many 416s with a fixed stock, I want to go that route instead. I always use it extended anyway, so size isn't an issue. If I'm to play a CQB game, I'd use my MP5 anyway. I just bought a lot of CA M15 carbine parts (including a full stock), so I'll be using that on the 416, and moving the 416 stock to the C8. I just like its feel better, and since I won't be putting batteries in it, I won't have fit or movement issues.
Old March 17th, 2008, 15:22   #149
desiredtoe

I looked at the Hurricane stock and it does look pretty good. If I can find batteries that fit into the existing stock without issue, then I won't change the stock.

Other then the stupid battery issue, I have no complaints about the gun and really feel good about purchasing it. Its heavy and sturdy, looks good, and is the perfect size for me and my stubby arms.

My rails were sharp, just as warned about previously. Fixed that with the King Arms rail covers I had bought. Now the gun is very comfortable to hold and point.

Can't say anything about the internals, as I am not well versed in gun internals and am not going to open this up until I have to.

I have to chrono it and I am hoping it can shoot 400 or just below that.

Last edited by desiredtoe; March 17th, 2008 at 15:27..
Old March 17th, 2008, 15:32   #150
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiredtoe View Post
I have to chrono it and I am hoping it can shoot 400 or just below that.
You'll have a better chance of someone walking up to you on the street and giving you a brand new PTW....

I haven't yet read a single review where these shoot less than 400. Most are 410 or above. Mine averaged 430 or so with 5 shots, with one of the shots hitting 465 fps.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews