Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SCAR-L nozzle stays in place preventing feed

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 24th, 2007, 03:53   #1
EmperorPenguin

SCAR-L nozzle stays in place preventing feed

Long story short 19 year old brother breaks into my garage when i'm at work and plays around with brand new never fired scar, now it won't feed bb's at all, i stuck the cleaning rod in and i can push the nozzle back it springs right back into place and won't move when i fire the gun, if i load a bb musket style it fires no problem, anybody have an idea what would cause the nozzle to stay put and what parts i may need to order for when i rip the thing apart?
EmperorPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 05:01   #2
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorPenguin View Post
Long story short 19 year old brother breaks into my garage when i'm at work and plays around with brand new never fired scar, now it won't feed bb's at all, i stuck the cleaning rod in and i can push the nozzle back it springs right back into place and won't move when i fire the gun, if i load a bb musket style it fires no problem, anybody have an idea what would cause the nozzle to stay put and what parts i may need to order for when i rip the thing apart?

so he test fired it eh? hhhmm,,,wonder why is was stored with the battery installed? in either case he most likely dry fired it playing starsky and hutch and broke the tappet plate. only a guess by the sounds of your symptoms. once you have the problem fixed i have a few suggestions.

1) perhaps you could teach your bro the proper way to handle such a weapon(would give you another target to shoot at if you did)

2)if option 1 isnt feasible,,dont store it with the battery in and install the anti use tool in below pic.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...brotherfix.jpg
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:29   #3
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Chances are your tappet plate broke. It's the link between the sector gear (the one that pulls thhe piston back) and the nozzle.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:38   #4
EmperorPenguin

yeah it wasn't stored with the battery in, but it was charging in a locked garage. I already taught him the importance of treating it like a real firearm and showed him how to use it proper i guess he had a typical teenager moment, stupid thing is i have locks on my tm m4 and all my gbb's but i hadn't got one for this yet. :banghead:

Guess it makes sense it would be a tappet thanks for help guys
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:22   #5
Krookedatmosphere

Send a message via MSN to Krookedatmosphere
yea it was the tapet plate as i broke mine after gaming with it once i was a little pissed as i treat it with gold and the damn things breaks ohh well excuse to upgraded now lol
Krookedatmosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 16:21   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

While yo uare having it opened up, buy a new piston and piston head and install at the same time. The CA pistons have got to be about the worst on the market, and in the SCAR I have opened on my bench, even though it's barely had many shots out of it (I'm not sure, but I'd say roughly 1000), the teeth are showing wear on the piston.
Old April 25th, 2007, 16:26   #7
Jackals

Send a message via MSN to Jackals Send a message via Skype™ to Jackals
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
While yo uare having it opened up, buy a new piston and piston head and install at the same time. The CA pistons have got to be about the worst on the market, and in the SCAR I have opened on my bench, even though it's barely had many shots out of it (I'm not sure, but I'd say roughly 1000), the teeth are showing wear on the piston.
1000 rnds is pushing it Stalker. Maybe, and I stress maybe 800.
Old April 25th, 2007, 17:20   #8
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Can't wait to get a SCAR...
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 17:53   #9
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackals View Post
1000 rnds is pushing it Stalker. Maybe, and I stress maybe 800.
I know the way you shoot and know you've only gamed the gun once, so I was close enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_poncho View Post
Can't wait to get a SCAR...
Is one of those interesting designs that still sits part love it part find it fugly for me. I'll warn you though, the mechbox is a royal pain in the freaking arse to get out of the lower receiver. Even with the instructions (which clearly state) that you must pry the body away from the mechbox on the left side (with a slotted screwdriver), then rotate the selector switch clockwise until it points down, then pry the right side of the body away and rotate the selector to full auto, then pry the left side away and pull it out. Frack, was obnoxious!!!! And getting mini connector out of the upper body in order to slide the upper forward off the lower, ended up ripping the soft insulation on the black wire, so I'll have to replace the wiring with good Teflon wire when I go to Deans connectors.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; April 25th, 2007 at 17:59..
Old April 25th, 2007, 20:28   #10
EmperorPenguin

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/...es&pages_id=42
Found this before i bought the gun, i remember thinking i think i'll leave this one stock for now...
Old April 25th, 2007, 20:53   #11
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Update:

http://www.ascforums.com/showthread.php?t=37847
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner