Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft IPSC in Canada?

:

General

Old April 11th, 2008, 00:43   #1
lokisama

Airsoft IPSC in Canada?

It would be so awesome if there was one. Or is there one and I'm just not aware of it?
KSC USP Match
Kimber Warrior [Nova FMU kit]
Kimber Gold Combat Stainless [Nova FMU kit]

lokisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:05   #2
stoo_ped

yah... looks a like a lot of fun!
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:13   #3
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Um... why?

There's perfectly good legal and real steel IPSC in canada. Why on earth would you use fake guns when you could use the real ones instead?
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:15   #4
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewalker View Post
Um... why?

There's perfectly good legal and real steel IPSC in canada. Why on earth would you use fake guns when you could use the real ones instead?
Have you seen the price for .45 ammo?

2000/25$ vs 2000/500+$ ....
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:18   #5
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
Have you seen the price for .45 ammo?

2000/25$ vs 2000/500+$ ....
Wait, you're in airsoft and complaining about prices? tsk tsk.

Besides, "p-toof!" is hardly satisfying when compared to "KA-CRACK!!!"
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:29   #6
stoo_ped

why??? Because, some of us are married and have kids....and the wife MIGHT just not allow real guns at home. I cant help it if i respect my wife... not to mention hate sleeping on the couch... so airsoft is it.
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:43   #7
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
i think comparing them to begin with is kinda goofy. airsoft ipsc would be challenging and great fun though.

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:44   #8
Rob

bb ipsc has cost advantages over real steal ipsc, more than just on ammo. comparing the relative price of the guns, both on the high and low end, and airsoft is always cheaper.

there is also the availability factor. firearms are restricted to specifically designated ranges, while bb guns do not have that sort of limitations (noise, penetration) which means that it could be fired almost anywhere. [note that safety precautions including ipsc standards should still apply in order to maintain the structure of the game]

a minor point, but airsoft offers higher capacity magazine capabilities than canadian handguns. arguably it is closer to real ipsc than what is offered in canada, in terms of reloading.

that said though, there are good ranges and organized events. and anything we can do in a bb ipsc match, we can also do in real ipsc. certainly real firearms pose more issues which require increase practice and skill in order to excel at the sport.

A problem with airsoft ipsc is that most airsofters do not organize or are uninterested in ipsc events. I've only heard of a handful of games organized in the past 6 or 7 years. its just not very popular.

I noticed that cobra airsoft has every piece of gear one would need to start ipsc. granted it is all china clones but i managed to build a rig for about $100. i don't know what the quaility is like but i should have my order in 2-3 weeks (waiting on the belt that is out of stock).
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 03:09   #9
Firewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoo_ped View Post
why??? Because, some of us are married and have kids....and the wife MIGHT just not allow real guns at home. I cant help it if i respect my wife... not to mention hate sleeping on the couch... so airsoft is it.
Good for your wife, glad to see she came with a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
there is also the availability factor. firearms are restricted to specifically designated ranges, while bb guns do not have that sort of limitations (noise, penetration) which means that it could be fired almost anywhere. [note that safety precautions including ipsc standards should still apply in order to maintain the structure of the game]
Availability?

1) I can walk down to the sporting goods store and purchase a beretta. I cannot, however walk down to the sporting goods store and purchase an airsoft beretta. I have to get a license to get the gun, but I also need to get age verified to get an airsoft gun. Yes, I'm aware that they're not exactly the same, BUT... real steel = dangerous but readily available.

2) I can't just fire an airsoft pistol anywhere I please. I still have to be in designated areas anyway. Your point is moot at best, irrelevant at worse.

So... If we're arguing availability, actual guns come out on top.

And you're saying more skill and experience to fire a real gun is a detriment? Silly.
Old April 11th, 2008, 04:51   #10
StRiCkEn

It's pretty inconsiderate to imply that if someone's wife wouldn't permit having firearms in a household with children, regardless of how they were stored, equates to being whipped.
StRiCkEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 05:06   #11
Wilson

Cerberus...
Old April 11th, 2008, 05:26   #12
stoo_ped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewalker View Post
Good for your wife, glad to see she came with a whip.
yes, yes she does... and a m1911, and an AK47... not my guns but hers... and she laughs if she shoots you in the face or the neck...

Last edited by stoo_ped; April 11th, 2008 at 05:30..
stoo_ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:10   #13
Firewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StRiCkEn View Post
It's pretty inconsiderate to imply that if someone's wife wouldn't permit having firearms in a household with children, regardless of how they were stored, equates to being whipped.
This is the internet, consideration does not exist.
Old April 11th, 2008, 08:48   #14
Captain Tenneal
Formerly Muffinman

Personally IPSC is very interesting, however the restricted firearm license governmental loophole that allows the police to enter your house without a warrant just to see if your guns are locked safely at any time, doesn't interest me, not that I have anything to hide (just the fact that if they come in and see series of replica assault rifles in the rifle chest next to the IPSC handguns sort of wants me not to get a license)

Plus, properly tuned IPSC handguns are ungodly expensive. Upwards of 1000-2000 dollars, whereas, a decent IPSC Airsoft handgun can be built for less than 500 (Ie. TM Hi-Capa, WA SVI's), and bought stock (Ie. WA Beretta Competition etc.). I mean, I'm pretty much making a racing pistol myself, so it's not very hard.

Certainly, you could do IPSC with less tuned guns, but of course, everyone wants an aimpoint on their gun.

Personally, i'd be up for it, if only the Madbull poppers were cheaper, and if there was a place in Canada to get that beeper
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:05   #15
the_griffinator

I'd put together an IPSC gun, if only for an excuse to put a RDS on my Beretta.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General