Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canada Post services suspended nationwide

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Old June 24th, 2011, 22:47   #151
theshaneler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayen View Post
the posties could be working, but management won't let them.
they were willing to work under their old contract but CP shot that idea down in favour of locking them out to force the gov't to do something.

shame on CP for all the damage it's willing to do to this country because they feel workers should be legislated back instead of bargaining in good faith.

CP lost over 100 million dollars in a week of rolling strikes, why should they be forced corporately to suffer massive losses when the union is the one who decided to strike in the first place.

do you know how many unemployed people in this country would kill for a job that pays $19 an hour.... shit, do you know how many EMPLOYED people would kill for that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 23:12   #152
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mexinadian View Post
How many privatized mail delivery services does Canada have? Trust me I'm effected by the strike too. Waiting on a damn refund =/
There's UPS, Canpar (which is really just UPS as well but they carry dangerous goods), Fedex, DHL, Purolator.

Maybe others but I'm not sure.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 23:40   #153
The Mexinadian
formerly Eddie_uv777 eh?

Send a message via AIM to The Mexinadian
Are Businesses even trying to change their mail/packages to these privatized companies?! Cause that's what I'd do... Like I said It's affecting us too. I ordered a Jersey from Team Canada's Shop. And they were gracious enough to ship it out of the US. Even though it took a while. none the less I need a refund on something and Canada post is taking it's time sorting out this Labour dispute to where I'm short damn near $100 USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic Tyrant View Post
You are like a Canadian Texan... No way you are american.
The Mexinadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 00:03   #154
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
Just about to start a vote on the c-6 bill common pass this please!

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 01:04   #155
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mexinadian View Post
Are Businesses even trying to change their mail/packages to these privatized companies?! Cause that's what I'd do... Like I said It's affecting us too. I ordered a Jersey from Team Canada's Shop. And they were gracious enough to ship it out of the US. Even though it took a while. none the less I need a refund on something and Canada post is taking it's time sorting out this Labour dispute to where I'm short damn near $100 USD.
A bunch of the airsoft/parts retailers here are changing to UPS or something else temporarily.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 02:13   #156
T-Hell

UPS within Canada is fine
From the US to Canada Epic Fail....

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 02:40   #157
Tex

Yeah most of the stores I order pc parts from are doing Purolator shipping now instead of CP. I also got some brewing stuff that usually goes CP but the store sent it with a small local courier service instead.

Funny I had thought Purolator was part of CP they are what 80-90% crown owned but I guess they are separate from CP seeings how this has not effected them.

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 03:41   #158
Drayen

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaneler View Post
CP lost over 100 million dollars in a week of rolling strikes, why should they be forced corporately to suffer massive losses when the union is the one who decided to strike in the first place.

do you know how many unemployed people in this country would kill for a job that pays $19 an hour.... shit, do you know how many EMPLOYED people would kill for that?
that 100million figure is kinda shakey in my mind but beside's that, let's look at the timeline and then play the blame game.
-CUPW went on a rolling strike designed to slow down the mail.
-they then agreed to continue working under the previous contract whilst negotiations continue CP management refused
-CP starts to cut the mail service to 3 days a week
-CP locks out their workers...

i've been watching CPAC off and on for the past day, hell, me n a friend were up till 5am last night havin a few beers and watching parliament in action. I totally agree with what the NDP, Libs, Bloc, and Green want to do. Don't legislate the worker's back to work under what the Harper Gov't says. Legislate CANADA POST to unlock it's doors and negotiate under the previous contract.

Last edited by Drayen; June 25th, 2011 at 03:56.. Reason: missed an importent detail
Drayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:37   #159
Ronald Chang

I wrote to NDP to express my discontent of their deliberate delay of passing the back to work legislation. The loss of my business has reahed a unbearable level as a result of the strike.

I will keep writing to them to let them know how angry I am at their stupid political tricks, which do more harm than any good to the whole matter!
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:47   #160
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Yeah most of the stores I order pc parts from are doing Purolator shipping now instead of CP. I also got some brewing stuff that usually goes CP but the store sent it with a small local courier service instead.

Funny I had thought Purolator was part of CP they are what 80-90% crown owned but I guess they are separate from CP seeings how this has not effected them.
Purolator is owned by CP.

What people don't know is that purolator is cheaper than CP. For us at work it's typically about 2/3's cheaper!! We also have a local same day courier that is even cheaper. All of our web transactions are processed with expedited parcel but if the customer notes it as a business address, we'll send it purolator or same day courier as we require a signature on every outbound package. CP is just a convenience for our customers that want stuff sent to residential addresses.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:31   #161
Juke16

Can't the Conservative government just steamroll this bill through?
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:46   #162
whisper_kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayen View Post
that 100million figure is kinda shakey in my mind but beside's that, let's look at the timeline and then play the blame game.
-CUPW went on a rolling strike designed to slow down the mail.
-they then agreed to continue working under the previous contract whilst negotiations continue CP management refused
-CP starts to cut the mail service to 3 days a week
-CP locks out their workers...

i've been watching CPAC off and on for the past day, hell, me n a friend were up till 5am last night havin a few beers and watching parliament in action. I totally agree with what the NDP, Libs, Bloc, and Green want to do. Don't legislate the worker's back to work under what the Harper Gov't says. Legislate CANADA POST to unlock it's doors and negotiate under the previous contract.
What were employees being paid while they were performing this "rolling strike"? Full wages? CP wages + union subsidy? I'm just curious, because if my staff performed a rolling strike, it would render my business ineffective, and I would've done the same damn thing!
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:33   #163
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Chang View Post
I wrote to NDP to express my discontent of their deliberate delay of passing the back to work legislation. The loss of my business has reahed a unbearable level as a result of the strike.

I will keep writing to them to let them know how angry I am at their stupid political tricks, which do more harm than any good to the whole matter!
Did the same lol and Olivia Chow wrote me back

Quote:
Dear Richard,

Thank you for writing to me about the Canada Post lockout.

Postal workers showed good faith by continuing to deliver mail on a rotating basis in order to minimise the impact on Canadians while they were negotiating with Canada Post Corporation. Unfortunately, CPC chose to stop and block all mail delivery by locking out the postal workers. So instead of sitting around the negotiating table, postal workers have been forced out onto the streets.

The NDP remains committed to trying to reason with the government to lift the lock-out so that negotiations between the two parties can resume.

Thanks again for your e-mail.

Sincerely,
Olivia Chow, MP
Trinity-Spadina

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 12:57   #164
Reckless

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
Purolator is owned by CP.

What people don't know is that purolator is cheaper than CP. For us at work it's typically about 2/3's cheaper!! We also have a local same day courier that is even cheaper. All of our web transactions are processed with expedited parcel but if the customer notes it as a business address, we'll send it purolator or same day courier as we require a signature on every outbound package. CP is just a convenience for our customers that want stuff sent to residential addresses.
most local (and some larger) couriers are cheaper for packages then CP for overnight in a "1 day" distance radius ... they start getting expensive when it HAS to be X today and stuff like that...

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 13:42   #165
Dingo
aka GhillieSnipes

Ok so im really confused here. I know that I cant recive a package thats sent by CP, but someone mentioned a jersey to him from the states. I want to order a new ghillie from http://www.ghilliesuitclothing.com/ and theyre in the states, but after the package gets into canada will it not be held up?
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand