Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft "Pet Peeves", time to vent guys!

:

General

Old May 27th, 2009, 16:29   #496
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwag View Post
The trigger spring on v3 boxes
Oh god yes.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 16:43   #497
theguy

hehe, i remember the first time i cracked my mechbox carefully folowing every step on mechbox.com and my G36 V3 trigger assembly exploded out of the box...

When i found that mechbox.com mentioned nothing about trigger assemblys, i freaked out. Took me weeks to figure out how it all was supposed to go together

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 17:40   #498
Doc

personally, i have the anti-reversal latch in vr. 2 gearboxes. they never stay in when you try to put the gearbox back together.
Old May 27th, 2009, 19:42   #499
Gerkraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Where is the basis for this claim that you're making re. CAPS? How did Magpul Dynamics get associated to it? Please explain more.

There is a strict set of rules and procedures that are in place (reviewed, edited and approved by IPSC) for CAPS that closely mimic the rules/procedures currently in place for real steel. As such, there are some some actions made redundant by virtue of these things being Airsoft. But it's the infference that CAPS is "teaching" things from Magpul Dynamics that I cannot accept.

Tys
All the tactical reload stuff they show in Magpul Dynamics? I think it's CAPS, but I haven't watched the DVD enough to remember for sure.

I just mean that, since Magpul Dynamics came around, lots of fanboys have taken it as the word of God, and Chris Costa as Jesus Christ, or something.

I mean, it's not even so much at games I attend, but also how people take it online. I mean, there are users on ASC who's signature is a .gif of themselves being all "Magpul techniques" for us...

Also: to those saying that people with pet peeves annoy them? GTFO of this thread...this thread is for venting :P
Gerkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 22:00   #500
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
people who add their bloody name and title at the end of every god damn post... I mean why not put it in your Fricking sig.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 22:37   #501
KND
* AV revoked *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulcrum View Post
people who add their bloody name and title at the end of every god damn post... I mean why not put it in your Fricking sig.
Why ? Are there anything wrong with that ? I always did that for my every post that I made though.

KND

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 22:51   #502
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
Why ? Are there anything wrong with that ? I always did that for my every post that I made though.

KND
Cause I don't think anyone will go OMG WHO MADE THAT POST?!

<----- It's right there

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 22:59   #503
Beazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerkraz View Post
I mean, there are users on ASC who's signature is a .gif of themselves being all "Magpul techniques" for us...
Yeah and the guy doing it would have burned his thumb by sticking it next to the barrel a gazillion times.
Where's the your doing it wrong pic?

Here's another pet peeve I just found today.
Fake gear costing the same if not more than the real deal and copying shitty gear to begin with.
Like Pantac copying Spec-Ops.WTF.

Oh and all the gear shit. There are people that collect military gear and do actual not half assed imprssions. There are few of us that do it right.
The half assed guys are lame though.

Last edited by Beazer; May 27th, 2009 at 23:02..
Beazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 23:09   #504
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beazer View Post
Oh and all the gear shit. There are people that collect military gear and do actual not half assed imprssions. There are few of us that do it right.
The half assed guys are lame though.
Maybe they're not trying to do an impression?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 00:14   #505
pilotguy

New players to airsoft trying to tell me how much better their equipment is compared to mine when they have no idea about their own equipment yet - Their excuse.. it cost more. Grrrrr... STFU and get yer ass on the field and we'll see how that fancy ass gun of yours works. Only as good as the shooter behind it, so in most cases, not good at all.
pilotguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 00:23   #506
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerkraz View Post
I don't know if this has been said before, but it drives me INSANE when airsofters think that the C.A.P.S. they "learned" by watching Magpul Dynamics have ANY use or relevance in airsoft.

"Cant the rifle and check for brass" ...why yes, my piston is still there!
"Use that forward assist" ...yes, let's use it!

Drives me nuts.

are you talking about Canadian Airsoft Practical Shooting that we do here in Toronto? or some other CAPS? because you really need to do some research or clarify yourself some more, I am a member of CAPS and I've never watched a Magpul video in my life outside of a short tidbit on youtube out of curiosity
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:47   #507
Pavel

Anybody wearing insignia they haven't earned. Further, anybody "repurposing" insignia as their own.

Those of you who have earned the insigs know it's forbidden to use them on the airsoft field.

I think my favourite so far is the kid with full SpN badging doing a lovely Spot of Walting without being able to speak a word of Russian. Tak khorosho, comrade.
Old May 28th, 2009, 03:26   #508
DethHead

my pet peeve by far, is those who think its counter-strike and go for headshots.
not cool man, not cool.
DethHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:47   #509
Gerkraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
are you talking about Canadian Airsoft Practical Shooting that we do here in Toronto? or some other CAPS? because you really need to do some research or clarify yourself some more, I am a member of CAPS and I've never watched a Magpul video in my life outside of a short tidbit on youtube out of curiosity
No, I'm not talking about Canadian Airsoft Practical Shooting.

I'm refering to some acronym they use in Magpul Dynamics, as a mnenomic tool as a procedure for what to do when your gun goes down. CAPS, TAPS? Something like that.

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize CAPS stood for an organization in Toronto.
Gerkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:54   #510
Loathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethHead View Post
my pet peeve by far, is those who think its counter-strike and go for headshots.
not cool man, not cool.
I agree that unloading into someones face is not cool.

BUT!

At the same time, if I see someone and they're taking cover behind something, and all that pops up is their head, I'm still going to take the shot.

If I see someone in the open, or behind a bush or something and I have a full body shot, I'll go for the torso.
Loathing is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General