Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Add/remove bipod on g36 stock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 4th, 2008, 20:20   #1
kengel

Add/remove bipod on g36 stock

Anyone ever add or remove a bipod on the front of their g36? I have a bipod on a g36 that I want to transfer to a g36k but I can't figure out the mounting mechanism. It looks simple but......

I can't seem to find any google info or specific instructions through searches, so I figured I'd ask.

Just need a push in the right direction.

Any help is appreciated. Any "Heyz u shuld surch moar" responses can go to hell.

Thanks.

K
kengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 20:24   #2
Drake
E-01

Dunno what kind you have; I have the G&P kit front end, there's a metal clip underneath the front of the handguard you need to push down on, and while you're doing that pull out the front sling mounting pin (it's also pinning the bipod in place).

With the pin removed, the bipod will fall free. Just re-insert you pin, make sure it clicks into place so it doesn't fall out.

I found the whole process was really difficult to operate until I used white lithium grease on it. (even the bipod itself was being a bitch to unfold)
Old January 4th, 2008, 20:57   #3
kengel

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

That's what I have too, G&P front end kit.

On a side note.....what a brutal color match. Not even close. It looks like somebody sanded the paint off it and didn't wash it off. It's a really dull grey compared to the glossy black of the rest of the gun.

EDIT: Holy Hell....I must be doing something wrong because I'm pressing as hard as I can and the metal tab isn't even bending.

To clarify....are you saying that with the top rail of the gun facing the floor and the metal tab facing the ceiling, I should be putting direct force (towards the floor) on the metal tab while simultaneously pulling on the pin?

Last edited by kengel; January 4th, 2008 at 21:06..
kengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 22:05   #4
Drake
E-01

As illustrated below. The tab won't move much (maybe 1mm). If it's new and has never been removed, it may need lubing and will be a bitch to remove the first time. Just push down on the tab and give that ring a good pull while you're holding the tab down (Pull Out is outwards towards the front of the gun, parallel to the barrel).

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications