Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New to airsoft: Need assistance

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 25th, 2016, 22:32   #31
Blitzninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
vfc stock springs can get 400 fps with an upgrade tightbore barrel, what springs are labeled do not correspond to each other from one brand to the next. I'm telling you exactly what springs you need to get under the correct limit.
I just installed the M90 spring as said (I literally had to drive 1.2h to get to a retailer that sells it), what I find peculiar is that the M90 is longer than the stock and is also a bit stiffer? Anyways, putting it back together. Will chrono tomorrow when I get access to one.

Update: While testing the gearbox, I found that the electrical system runs rather hot (wires and battery get warm after 5s of full-auto fire, after 1 minute of testing [3 round burst with 2 second cooldown interval between]) the electrical system was way too hot for my liking. The battery recommended by Mach1Airsoft was [7.4V,1Ah,20C]. I highly suspect it's suffering from high current draw due to the low voltage on the pack.

Last edited by Blitzninja; September 26th, 2016 at 11:32..
Blitzninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2016, 17:39   #32
dmitril

Send a message via Skype™ to dmitril
Need lower gauge wire if you want it cool. 20A lipo should provide enough current margin to stay cool, of course it depends on how true the battery is to specs and to how high the surge specs are. The initial surge can go over 20 amps on heavy springs (or sticky gearboxes).
dmitril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2016, 11:34   #33
Blitzninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitril View Post
Need lower gauge wire if you want it cool. 20A lipo should provide enough current margin to stay cool, of course it depends on how true the battery is to specs and to how high the surge specs are. The initial surge can go over 20 amps on heavy springs (or sticky gearboxes).
I was thinking about that but the fact that the battery was getting that hot too made me think the voltage wasn't enough to fully wind the spring in time resulting in longer power draw (there's a delay between winds and the delay becomes proportionally smaller as wind time increases since firing sequence is a constant). I could easily drop the wire guage but I'm thinking the battery needs to be changed too.

Anyways, I need to focus on other gear first and stop being autistic about my gun.

Last edited by Blitzninja; September 27th, 2016 at 12:04..
Old September 27th, 2016, 13:19   #34
Zeroroaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzninja View Post
Anyways, I need to focus on other gear first and stop being autistic about my gun.
Oh man, that's rich!!! Embrace the autism, my friend...
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2016, 20:58   #35
Blitzninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroroaster View Post
Oh man, that's rich!!! Embrace the autism, my friend...
I'm legit autistic. Trust me, if I don't stop myself I will sink 2k into this gun before I even start buying other gear. I can't stand for anything but the best and I'm probably going to sink 5k in the next year into airsoft without even realizing it.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank