Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need help fast!!!

:

General

Old August 17th, 2011, 23:04   #1
lestats_violin

Need help fast!!!

Hi!!!
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but feel free to move it if it's not!

I'm working on a costume from my favorite Anime "Black Lagoon", namely Revy. For those of you who don't know the series, take a look:
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Black_Lago...ass_Special.22

I'm having a problem with her guns. You see, there really isn't much to her outfit, so I really wanna be accurate with her guns, since they are her distinguishing feature. If you scroll down a little on that link I provided you'll see her Custom Beretta 92F aka "Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special", and she has two of them. I know that CQB and KSC make their own Air Soft replicas of her guns, but I wasn't able to find them here in Canada. I'd have to wreck them anyways since they have to be convention legal (unable to fire), and that seems a bit blasphemous.

I'm considering trying to make them out of wood, but I don't know how good the finished product will look. So really, what I'm looking for are two spring action Beretta 92F guns that I can modify and paint, but all I've found are the CO2 ones at my local Canadian Tire. For 100$ each, it hardly seems worth it when I have to modify them so much and I don't even get the slide movement out of it, at which point it's not much better than the wood idea.

The biggest problem is that the convention itself is in like ONE WEEK. I live in Northern Ontario (Sudbury to be exact). Anyone know of a place I can get these that might be able to ship them to me overnight or REALLY quick??

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate any advice you might have!
lestats_violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:07   #2
Strelok

Nope.

Gotta get age verified, and that takes anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks. That and there is the problem of finding the guns itself. You also have to be 18 years of age, or older. You're also looking at spending atleast 300 dollars for an individual pistol.

So, sorry to say, you're out of luck.

(Also... Taking very REALISTIC replicas to conventions can be pretty sketchy, I'd just make them out of cardboard or something. Get creative. Its cheaper.)
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:09   #3
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

he is age verified.....

as for where walmart used to carry scale cap guns..
some dollar stores carry those crappy "bb" guns
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:10   #4
Strelok

Ah shit, i'm tired. Lol.

Either way, Look into Karma imports, they could try and get something in... Just not in time.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:12   #5
Blargh

Well if your really desperate you can check out Hero Army Surplus in Oshawa...but I imagine that is a massive trip. I think they have a few reputable brands of Berretas in stock. I think thats the closest place to Sudbury that stocks what you want.
Blargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:19   #6
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

somewhere on this website there is one to sell....

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:20   #7
SuperCriollo

Where do you live ? I might be able to help.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:33   #8
lestats_violin

Strelok I am 25 so that's not an issue, and R.I.T.Z, I'm a girl too
Blargh, that's a good suggestion, but I don't live close enough to Ottawa to check it out. They'd have to ship to me.
SuperCriollo, I live in Sudbury, Ontario, where are you?
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:41   #9
ViperX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestats_violin View Post
Strelok I am 25 so that's not an issue, and R.I.T.Z, I'm a girl too
Blargh, that's a good suggestion, but I don't live close enough to Ottawa to check it out. They'd have to ship to me.
SuperCriollo, I live in Sudbury, Ontario, where are you?

Just so you know, Blargh said Oshawa, not Ottawa.
ViperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:47   #10
lestats_violin

Oh man, I must be tired too hahahh unfortunately I don't have regular access to a car, so I don't think it's possible anyways :/
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:50   #11
lestats_violin

Also, what is Karma imports? I tried googling and it was all random.
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:57   #12
Wilson

Guys, she's of age. I vouch for her personally as I went to highschool with her.

I'll submit her verification status later if needs be, but for now treat her like a proper member here.
Old August 18th, 2011, 00:00   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

karma, it's a vendor in the AV section. There is one that sort of looks like the gun, it's chrome with the thai etching and pearlish hand grips, but the barrel is standard length. Revy's guns have longer barrels if I recall.

BTW you will not be allowed to take airsoft guns into a con if that's what you're thinking. Most cons have rules against any sort of weapon or weapon replica. You can't even bring blunt steel martial arts training weapons to most cons. So really the only thing you could get these guns for is to do photoshoots in private locations, please don't even try to take AS guns to a con as part of a costume... not even canadian tire clearsoft. It's a good way to get kicked out, get them confiscated or have people freak out and call the police. Believe me, it's happened, I've seen it in person at cons over the years.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 00:19   #14
lestats_violin

Yes, I do understand the weapon's policy. I will have to disable it and likely fill in the barrel. I don't mind having an orange tip either if i have to. I'm trying to be as accurate as possible.
Old August 18th, 2011, 00:34   #15
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the replicas are not cheap.. and filling in the barrels effectively destroys it, so for about 900$ you have 2 useless pretty looking guns. if you want to get the airsoft replicas....

If you are going to wreck the guns, go to canadian tire, buy the cheap clear berettas and paint them... though I have to admit, replicating chrome is going to be hard... but check the automotive paint section. If there is a chrome, you'll need a can of primer, a can of chrome and if they have pearl, if not there are autobody shops that can put pearl white paint into a spray can for you. Some sandpaper, some sculpey, carving tools and lots of work will do the rest in matching detail... sand paper and primer can fill in the etching on the guns, do your research and get the thai etching done at an engraver's shop maybe if they can fit the whole slide in the machine.

it's not a small project... but far cheaper than buying 2 airsoft pistols. That's probably about 100$ in stuff from canadian tire and micheals plus a few days of your time vs the alternative.

It probably can't be done in a week, either unless you don't have a full time job
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General