Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft "Pet Peeves", time to vent guys!

:

General

Old April 27th, 2011, 12:45   #946
Forever_kaos

This thread...

All people do is bitch What are you, women? hah
No, I kid. Some of you have legit peeves.

Last edited by Forever_kaos; April 27th, 2011 at 12:48..
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 14:03   #947
Jimski

socks that come down inside the boot
Old April 27th, 2011, 14:28   #948
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Not calling hits takes the fun out of the game for everyone. It doesn't matter how casual a player you are. When you pepper a guy 20 feet away from you. Hear him swear and shake his hand from the welt he just got, and then watch him run away, it's very discouraging to keep playing.
I have rarely had an issue with people not calling hits.. because the option was not presented. Shooting continued until the hit was called..
You don't stop shooting until the hit is called. If you double tap a guy and he does not feel it ... then he is NOT HIT , those are the rules. He has to acknowledge the hit for it to count.

It does not matter if I can see BBs bouncing off the guys head... until I hear "hit" and he acknowledges the Hit.. he is NOT HIT Regardless of what I may think.. those are our rules.

Someone not taking the hit means YOU DID NOT SHOOT HIM ENOUGH, it's your problem.. not his.

All of this is notwithstanding blatant Cheating.. that has to be dealt with at the time between the players involved. And if you let someone go that you know was a cheating because you witnessed it, You are part of the problem.

so here is another Peeve.

Players who whine about people not taking their hits in the after action report, but would not say shit if their mouth was full of it at the field to the offending players.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 14:48   #949
Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
I have rarely had an issue with people not calling hits.. because the option was not presented. Shooting continued until the hit was called..
You don't stop shooting until the hit is called. If you double tap a guy and he does not feel it ... then he is NOT HIT , those are the rules. He has to acknowledge the hit for it to count.

It does not matter if I can see BBs bouncing off the guys head... until I hear "hit" and he acknowledges the Hit.. he is NOT HIT Regardless of what I may think.. those are our rules.

Someone not taking the hit means YOU DID NOT SHOOT HIM ENOUGH, it's your problem.. not his.

All of this is notwithstanding blatant Cheating.. that has to be dealt with at the time between the players involved. And if you let someone go that you know was a cheating because you witnessed it, You are part of the problem.

so here is another Peeve.

Players who whine about people not taking their hits in the after action report, but would not say shit if their mouth was full of it at the field to the offending players.
your right, I was wrong. It's no longer my pet peeve.
Old April 27th, 2011, 15:13   #950
Scouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Running out of smokes in the middle of the game.
Yup, completely agree that has to be the biggest pain in the ass in the middle of an op.

Happend to me a couple of years ago at op Cold Front, one of the JSOC boys was kind enough to give me a cigar to tide me over till i was able to get back to the safe zone.
Old April 27th, 2011, 15:32   #951
TheAngrySniper
Prolapsed Rectum

Send a message via MSN to TheAngrySniper Send a message via Skype™ to TheAngrySniper
Quote:
Not calling hits takes the fun out of the game for everyone. It doesn't matter how casual a player you are. When you pepper a guy 20 feet away from you. Hear him swear and shake his hand from the welt he just got, and then watch him run away, it's very discouraging to keep playing.
Had a guy do just this, my teammate and I were lighting him up from about 20 or 25 feet away and we could see him flinching from getting hit. I decided to walk up and close the gap to about 5 feet and give him three shots of my sidearm.

TheAngrySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 15:36   #952
Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngrySniper View Post
Had a guy do just this, my teammate and I were lighting him up from about 20 or 25 feet away and we could see him flinching from getting hit. I decided to walk up and close the gap to about 5 feet and give him three shots of my sidearm.
I was closing in on my no-hit calling guy too, but after I lit him up he was screeching for his buddies to come running. Sure enough his buddies hit me and I was on my merry way back to the spawn.
Old April 27th, 2011, 15:41   #953
Jimski

Quote:
I was closing in on my no-hit calling guy too, but after I lit him up he was screeching for his buddies to come running. Sure enough his buddies hit me and I was on my merry way back to the spawn.
I have never seen anyone act like that and I would certainly not play with people doing that.
You role as a responsible player at that point is to adress that fact right away (by having a gentle talk with the player and his 'buddies'), or have a ref adress it by removing the player and informing him about why he is being removed.
there is a strong difference between thinking you hit someone and then they hide, and 'hosing' people that blatantly don't call the hit.
I have seen many many occurences of the first case and very very few of the second.

Last edited by Jimski; April 27th, 2011 at 15:52..
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 15:54   #954
Jcotter

When you stick a bunch of BB's in your urethra and, one gets stuck for 3 days.
Jcotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 15:55   #955
Ross

The player in question was apart of the group that was hosting the game and a friend of pretty much everyone who was there. Calling him out on it would definitely been the right thing to do, but I would rather just get on with the rest of the game than listen to this guy make excuses.
Old April 27th, 2011, 15:56   #956
Dire_Wolf

People who post classified ads but can't be bothered to respond to PMs while they're on the forums.... or who only respond to "interesting" PMs, while a quick "not interested, thanks" would be enough...

Future Gear: TM PSG1, M700, ARES DSR-1 v2
Dire_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 16:04   #957
Jimski

Quote:
The player in question was apart of the group that was hosting the game and a friend of pretty much everyone who was there. Calling him out on it would definitely been the right thing to do, but I would rather just get on with the rest of the game than listen to this guy make excuses.
well that sucks
Old April 27th, 2011, 16:06   #958
FACE
a.k.a. Phoneguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post

That is an awesome take on things. I never really realized how true that is until I experienced it a few games back. Sometimes the simplest of things just need to be pointed out to myself and I'm sure others in order to realize just how much sense that makes.

Thanks Brian. +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Long story short:
If your gun is in Canada, leave it in Canada.
If your gun is not in Canada, leave it outside of Canada.
FACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 16:28   #959
Strelok

Man, you're really pushing it into the ground dude.

Enjoy that incoming permaban and then some. Because the mods are aware of your other accounts
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 16:34   #960
Strelok

Hehehehe, G'bye
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General