Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TSI Armouries Tar 21

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Old August 21st, 2009, 13:17   #31
Armedsask

Honestly, after looking at the pictures, they are either VERY good replicas or some one is full of shit.

Do you really think they took the time to paint the bolt, mag catch, and MARS too look worn?
Armedsask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 17:56   #32
Amoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armedsask View Post
Honestly, after looking at the pictures, they are either VERY good replicas or some one is full of shit.

Do you really think they took the time to paint the bolt, mag catch, and MARS too look worn?
The TSI Tavor doesn't come with a MARS sight.

And the gun isn't painted to look worn because it *isn't* painted, it is anodized in black and therefore in all likelihood will wear like the real thing.
Amoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 20:23   #33
Armedsask

The pictures clearly show a Tavor with the MARS sight.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 02:13   #34
Amoki

Quote:
The pictures clearly show a Tavor with the MARS sight.
... which is available for sale at a latter date at $100
Old August 25th, 2009, 21:54   #35
Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoki View Post
The TSI Tavor doesn't come with a MARS sight.

And the gun isn't painted to look worn because it *isn't* painted, it is anodized in black and therefore in all likelihood will wear like the real thing.
The gun is nut anodized because it is not in metal, it is made of fiber reinforced plastic like the real Tavor Tar 21. The one that will be availlable in Canada will dark teinted clear to be fully legal for sale here.
Old August 25th, 2009, 22:01   #36
Warlock

The pictures shows the textured plastic wich is very similar to a Glock pistol in texture and feel.
Old August 25th, 2009, 22:03   #37
Warlock

This is the MARS unit availlable from TSI

http://strikehold.files.wordpress.co...10/si-mars.jpg
Old August 25th, 2009, 22:10   #38
Armedsask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
The pictures shows the textured plastic wich is very similar to a Glock pistol in texture and feel.
Look at the bolt carrier and magazine catch, both show wear as though they are metal. The mag catch I could understand. The bolt carrier is worn like it is a real rifle. So that would make this model a blow back? Does the airsoft version blow back far enough to wear the whole bolt carrier? I'm just a little suspicious some one is passing of a real Tavor as pictures of the airsoft one.

I'm well away what a Tavor feels like and looks like, I have a real one in my hands right now.
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:17   #39
Warlock

Quote:
Look at the bolt carrier and magazine catch, both show wear as though they are metal. The mag catch I could understand. The bolt carrier is worn like it is a real rifle. So that would make this model a blow back? Does the airsoft version blow back far enough to wear the whole bolt carrier? I'm just a little suspicious some one is passing of a real Tavor as pictures of the airsoft one.

I'm well away what a Tavor feels like and looks like, I have a real one in my hands right now.
The pictures are the TSI Tar 21 replica Pre-production unit that has been tested and abused, the bolt carrier and internal magazine catch (and all other metal parts) are in cast carbon steel with black oxyde finish. The replica should feel like the reel thing and it`s about the same weight.
Old August 26th, 2009, 15:05   #40
Armedsask

So I guess that is the blowback version then?
Old August 26th, 2009, 17:25   #41
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Quote:
So I guess that is the blowback version then?
No, the AEG will come out first, there is no blowback version of it but there will be a "Gas" Blowback verison of it.

Though to not get people confused, some AEGs have Blowback and are called "Blowback Version" but this is just using extra mechnisms in the gearbox to make it a mock blowback.

Now what TSI is propsoing is making a drop-in Gas Blowback kit that is similar to the new GBB-R (Gas Blowback Rifles) perhaps it could be similar to the Ra-tech drop in kits of the AKs.

I am guessing the GBB drop-in kit won't come out until the TSI Tar 21 does well in sales to warrant enough demand to produce the GBB version. It would be quite interesting if that GBB drop-in kit would be compatible with the Ares Tar 21 but TSI might also make the interior of the their Tar's different than Ares so you never know. Thats my speculation

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 21:06   #42
Armedsask

So if that isn't the blowback, does that mean the bolt carrier has been painted to look worn?

Do you guys see what I'm getting at here?
Old August 28th, 2009, 13:14   #43
Warlock

The pre-prod model pictured could has been used with the blowback kit. that should explain the worn on the bolt carrier. But this is a speculation. We all know that the model will come as standard AEG and with an optionnal drop-in kit for GBB conversion.
Old August 30th, 2009, 07:02   #44
Amoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
The gun is nut anodized because it is not in metal, it is made of fiber reinforced plastic like the real Tavor Tar 21. The one that will be availlable in Canada will dark teinted clear to be fully legal for sale here.
No. If you read this, you will know that the TSI Tavor has been delayed because the gun's main metal assembly (body) was made with the wrong material and got rejected.
Old August 30th, 2009, 07:47   #45
venture

Quote:
So if that isn't the blowback, does that mean the bolt carrier has been painted to look worn?

Do you guys see what I'm getting at here?
Don't forget the hop-up adjustment is right there. This would have to be a full bullshit job with the hop-up adjustment photoshopped onto a pic of a real Tar21. I think I more believe that the bolt carrier is worn from blowback testing or making a prototype with spare parts.

UNLESS....check the rs Tavor that you are holding in your hands for a hop up adjustment, lol! j/k

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand